xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Too Much Hw

my English / social studies teacher gives way too much homework. We are supposed to read a story in the textbook and answer questions (first ones are easy, the second part is harder) and do a "Volcabulary Workshop" on words used in the story. My whole darn class (all of seven people) complained to the principle, but the teacher wouldn't stop. Also, when it comes to marking stuff (aside from tests), he just puts in in his roll book and it stays there fot about a week or so until he finally gets around to marking it. I didn't think high school would be this hard!!! :P

as you know,English is very important.there are lots of english study for me as a college student now.we have 6 classes about English per week.we must pass the national english text level 1 to 6 even GRE.so not only in high school,but also in university,english is always the most important subject(most happens in where the official language is not english ). :P

um yeah, kinda funny, i was been experiencing something similar last term... i was recieving (on average) 3 assignments per 2 weeks in English! hey eventually it dies down though, now i get hardly anything for English, it's great......well, up until 2 weeks, when on Tuesday the teacher told us we had to have read the whole of Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" by the next Tuesday.....homework is like that though. it ebbs and flows and stuff, sometimes life is nice and easy, sometimes it bites.personally, i'm finding myself just hanging out for the next set of holidays :Pdon't let it get you down bro, it's only gunna be there a little while.

I hate Biology. My teacher is very annoying and gives loads of homework and tests etc; It'll probably help me in the long run but for now I still hate it. lol

Geometry takes the most out of my time. Since I'm in an advance class, we go twice as fast as the regulars do(we do 2 sections a day). Proofs are the most annoying and tedious part of geometry. It's a good thing to have 2 days to do our homework. :P

We got a letter sent home a few weeks ago saying how much homework we were meant to get each week, and it worked out at over 16 hours per week, over 3 hours a night! The worst is English as it takes a lot of 'thinking outside the box' and coming up with weird comments and notes that you would never come up with outside of a lesson.

I have a math assignment due every week, if not two. They're not short, either. So my life now revolves around getting those done on time..I also have a nov.el to read for english (all the time), and homework for chemistry pretty much every night.High school isn't supposed to give you no time to sleep.. but the problem is that the teachers never realise how much work the other teachers are giving you... I guess you get used to it after a while

In my Algebra II class, the teacher gives the homework list for the next 12 weeks. This way, you can get all of your homework done weeks in advance. I do agree that most teachers do give way too much homework. But, I do think that the homework is beneficial to my learning experience(except for homework in computer class).

My Calculus class isn't really that hard, but i cant say that about philosophy class im totally freaked out about all the homeworks he let us. first at the start of the term he made us make 45 random questions (like why is the sky blue? and that kind of stuff) and then he say that we have to answer 5 of those questions per week! >< (with, question, what i know about it, investigation, new questions, conclusions and the source) that wouldnt be that bad if we had answers to everything but questions like 'how is heaven?' or 'how much does science can go?' grrrr xD and the the psicology teacher left us a special homework about telling our life from 0-actual with memories, important persons, etc with photos and those stuff, and then at the same time she want a professional life plan lol so im all crazy stressed with homework and about all! i got to doo social service every day so i got almost not time to do my homework *cries* what am i going to do with homeworks at college T_T?

I also have way too much homework on occasion. My problem is in math most of the time. My math teacher has us correct homework for a good one fourth of the class period. Then he attempts to teach us the lesson but seems to get off track and ramble on and on about stuff that has nothing to do with math. When he does this I have a ton of math homework because he gives us a big assignment that we should have had half the class period to work on.

Another part about having too much homework in one class is that it isn't just one class. Normally if i have more than I can handle in one class, I have a lot in all of my other classes too. My teachers say they talk to each other to make sure it doesn't happen but they lie. They never get together and say, "Ohh I am gonna give a lot of homework Wednesday so don't give them too much" lol I wish.

I get so much science homework, especially when shes not there. Science is so hard for me,, the teacher came form a genius school, got a 100 on this one really hard test to show her parents somethign she could od...??? but she thinks weve learned all this stuff we havent... Plus were learning college science so its so hard! But in college classes are gonna be easy cuz my classes are advanced (the classes im in arent honors/advanced but were ahead of all the other schools plus its a orivate school [stupid private school])

A) If I don't do homework I get detention, and if that happens, I have to pay for the gas to get home (my parents must pick me up):) I have to read a story in the textbook and answer questions (half short, half pretty long and hard) and read a chapter of Social Stidies and answer questions on each section (most easy) plus math and biology stuff (those aren't too bad).And this is in a Yeshiva high school. I wonder what other schools give (actually, I'd perfer not knowing).

This would be my fifth year as a high school student. I have never had a huge problem with home work because I always did it inbetween classes and lunch. If it was a project then I'd wait until the last minute... I am really bad at that.I am in a program now for teenagers whom have mental illnesses (Depression, A.D.(H.)D, Anxiety,... etc) because I'm trying to adjust into a normal school again after dropping out. It's like a high school only we have one period and the rest is like anger management or mental illness awareness, and recreation. I feel that in this program I don't get ENOUGH homework, I feel like I need to pass this class immediately and start onto a new subject. I will be going back to a normal school after the Rememberance Day (Canada) break so I hope it will be back to normal.