xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

How Often Do Defrag Your Drive Which proggy do you use fro this task?

So questions are:

1. How often do you defrag your hard disk?

2. Which program do you use to perform this task?

3. Do you think that is important to keep your hard disk in top shape, or you just leave it to make its hard way of fiding yours fragmented files :D ?

I do it every day or every time I stop using computer, meaning in shuting down the computer, so reguraly defragment takes only few minutes.

I use Diskkeeper.

I think its very bad for harddrive if it has to find those fragmented files, not to mention slowdown access time and even to much work for it, resulting in faster occuring errors on harddrive.

I use first analyze is it necessary or not but I use defrag with xp which comes with it.

I defrag harddisk a times in a week. I think defragmenting hdd will make little faster to my computer because its cyber computer it is working 10 hours per day.

I usually defrag my computer once a month, sometimes once two months, when I think it will "help" me. I use a program called Defraggler which I cam up recently on some forum, it's really much better than Windows default defragmentation tool, you can download it from here:

/defraggler

Just analyze you HDD partition and defragment it if you see lots of red colour.. Also keep in mind that defragmenting you Hard disk drive partitions to often is not recommended, also keep in mind that the more free disk space you have the better and faster is the defragmentation. Don't even do it if you only have 5% of space left. :D

1. How often do you defrag your hard disk?

Once in month.

2. Which program do you use to perform this task?

I use Piriform "Defragler" for the task.

3. Do you think that is important to keep your hard disk in top shape, or you just leave it to make its hard way of fiding yours fragmented files unsure.gif ?

Yes. It is good practice to keep things arranged isn't it?

Try defraggler it is good utility and in fact it is free. The performance is much better than the standard windows defragmenter and it also shows graphics for the degragment activity. Which is similar to the windows 98 os's standard defragmenter.

Try downloading defraggler from this site: /defraggler