xisto Community
sanbeand

What Is Goowy? The first email in flash

Cool, im signing up. Its quite a clever name. Im guessing the "goowy" is a reference to GUI (graphical user interface) and as it is a supposibly improved layout that makes sense. Anyway, 2GB of space and nice functionality, im sold...

Notice from Johnny:
Fixed accidental double post.

Ooh, ahh - this is a really nice service. The whole thing is in Flash, for a real rich media experience. It took me about 15 minutes to find a way to send an email, but I think I like the minis part, it's like desktop widgets. Overall, it won't replace Gmail., but it's pretty nice.

I tried it and after the first day of use...I don't use it anymore. I think trying to come out with a new email is hard because people have service providers already and lots of good ones are out. I think unless they offer something more they might not make it far because I don't think people want to switch emails all the time.

oh, I had this since the site was just released, nad I simply love it I have seen so many changes in that time and they still making it better, 2 gb, customizable flash interface and POP3 reminders and so much more that you cannot you ask for more. if you use it nicely it is excellent email service. you can keep everything organized, simple and fast. I like it but not enough to replace my other email. but I definately think that this kinda service even paid emails do not give.

The only problem with going to the site is just when your not at home and at someones house or school you can't really check it if they don't have flash installed on their computer. So that would be the only dilemma. Overall i like the interface of it. YOu can change it and stuff. Sort of like a desktop.

The only problem with going to the site is just when your not at home and at someones house or school you can't really check it if they don't have flash installed on their computer. So that would be the only dilemma.
Overall i like the interface of it. YOu can change it and stuff. Sort of like a desktop.

You can use a light version of the service on non-Flash enabled computers. Simply select the Lite option when signing in.

seems pretty cool. I do really like gmail but this one seems much more customable. I think i am gonna sing up for a free account. Thanks for letting me know about this i had never heard about it before.

It looks great, top notch grafix, and is much more than just an email client, it has so many great features build in, I think even Google is behind compared to goowy, seeing that they don't have games yet, and a calendar is yet to come. Yet again, it loosk like goowy is kinda copying Google with their 2 GB mailbox, and the "Mini's" seem to work just like the Google Desktop program, biggest difference is that this is all web based.. :angry:Very much thanks for sharing, I love it!

I've had a goowy account for a couple of months now and only one complaint. About a week after I had gotten my email address there, and recieved about 30 emails from people on it, I checked my email in school one day and when I came home my entire inbox was empty! I still can't recover any of the old emails but some how they were deleted with out ever going into the trash folder or anything. That was about 4 months ago, and I haven't lost any email since. Other than that it's a great service, I really like the Mini's layouts with the little bulliten board that you can use and the calander is much easier to use than some of the other email providers like the ask jeeves companies like myway and excite. Overall a really good service!