xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amhso

Google Cpm Question Does google pay for thousand impressions

I've gotten a few thosuand impressions now on google, but I didnt get any money added to the balance each time i reached another 1000 impressions...So do they pay for 1000 impressions? If not, why do they have the counter?

they only pay your for any valid impression.. .They have a system to determine if the impression is valid or not. Same thing with cost per click. i just started like 3 days ago.. so far.. i made like 30 cents... =(... pretty sad isn't it.

No, AdSense does not pay on a CPM rate - it is on a CPC payment model. You can have 1,000,000 impressions, but if not a single valid click-through occurs, you won't be paid a cent. And there isn't really such a thing as a 'valid' impression - there can be unique hits and page views (the former where an impression is only counted for every new hit, and the latter counting all hits, whether by the same people or not).Google does display in the statistics the 'effective CPM', but this is basically jut a projection of earnings if on a CPM rate, not what you are being paid per impression - which is nothing.

wow.. are you serious.. .so is there even a point of putting 3 different ads on your site? i signed up for like 3 days now. and so far.. i made 35 cents. as you could see.. my forum is pretty unactive.. .=(....i got like 15 clicks.. so far.. and mostly probably from myself.. lol.. .i don't want to put all the illegal contents in my forum like some other forums do to make money.

well,google only pay for CPC result.to impess million of your google adsence page could bring you a little money.if you click your ad frequently,the coming warn along you...

If the impression to click ratio seems a little high - that is, there are an unusually large number of clicks for the number of visitors that have viewed the ad - then Google will investigate your account, and check to make sure you haven't been trying to cheat them out of money (even if you haven't, they will probably ban you if you aren't a particularly good publisher - i.e. you don't deliver to a very large audience).Out of 1,000,000 people, it is almost impossible not to receive a single click. If that ever happens, you should probably shut down your website and pursue another hobby/career. I was just using that as an example - if, for some reason, nobody did click it, you still wouldn't receive anything. On a CPM payment model, however, you would receive 1,000 * (whatever the CPM rate is). Obviously.Different ads in Google's AdSense program also pay different amounts per click. You might get a few cents for a single click on some ad types, or a few dollars for others. Some real estate ads, for example, are reputed for having very nice CPC rates, whereas ads for computer hardware might may less. It depends on how much the advertiser is spending on the campaign. This is the reason why you cannot modify your page's content with the sole intention of manipulating which ads will be displayed on your site, and a lot of copy writing is done with targeted advertising in mind - whole articles are often written only to try and attract certain ads, rather than for the sake of presenting the information in the article.

Sometimes on a good day, I earn upto 5 dollar at Google. My site isnt very technical oriented, since its a clansite, but Google allways seems to pick out the words which generate lots of money. I currently have 111 dollar at Google so I am expecting to get payed this month :P

so they dont pay you crap for impressions?

202455[/snapback]

from what i learned from above is that.. if the ratio of your impression and your clicks is low, then google will investagate your account. So it is better to have alot of impression.

thankyou guys, now i understand allttle bit more about google adsense. I made 31 dollars so far =P

Hey everybody, google is the one os the top most company who pay us correctly. This company has many money making programs for the webmasters and also for the high traffic site. They have two ways to earn money one is google for adsense content and google for search, both of them are very worth. In google adsense for content it depends upon page per impression and also pay per click, both of them they count i too have a google adsense for content in my page and similiarly google search depends upon how many users search the content using google search box from your site. Really very cool to try them, please try this.....

puffy....i have never been paid for impressions on google adsense, i dont understand you. I dont think they pay for impressions at all.

Google doesn't pay based on CPM advertising.Google has many complex algorithims in their programing which determines your pricing , based on CPC.Google is a CPC (Cost Per Click) site.Although very few ppl [google developers] would know how the system TRUELY works.In my expereince, the higher ammount of impressions you get, and the larger number of clicks you get gives you better pricing.But dont forget that, certain keywords, and certain ads all depend on 1. how much the advertiser bid per click, then how much google is going to take [their percentage]. Then whatever percent of the click you get will be added to your account.Just remember to get your friends to click like 5 times a day. Can usually earn yourself 5-6$ a day if you have some decent content on your site.

Google pays for BOTH CPC and CPM. Their tracker determines which kind of ADs are suitable for your site.If many visitors come but no clicks, then it shows CPm ad.And if clicks are high , they give the other kind.So no need to worry. Just give god content and wait.

I had mailed the Adsense team regarding CPM and they replied to me that Google might implement the CPM system and as such some people are being Beta Tested for the purpose.Who are they testing God Knows.I left Google as it wasnt giving much. 40000 impressions 400 clicks and only $13.I am still waiting if the CPM system does get into action. Then there would be nothing Like it.Presently i am using Kontera.It gives better than Google and is good.