xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amhso

Google Cpm Question Does google pay for thousand impressions

I have been using adsense for quite some timenow.. And i have never come across the fact that google pays for cost per impression .. Google pays only for Cost per click.. And that too, they have an intellugent system to track down invalid clicks.. By Invalid clicks , i mean a same person <- snipped -> continuously for the sake of increasing his adsense balance , and similar stuff... There are people who have got their accounts banned for such malpractises i believe.,}

Well, I tried to apply for google adwords because all of those ads from adsense came from adwords advertisers. Google will ask you how much you can pay per impression so it means that they are also paying for valid impression. That impression doesn't mean that everytime the page loads, it will be an impression count. That impression means unique visitor per day. So if a person loaded the page of your website or view the other pages of your website a couple of times in a day, it will only count for only one valid impression.

Edited by fr0z3n (see edit history)

ok, i have a problem with all of you then, because i can go days without clicks, and still make a little money.i get 1-3k views daily, and make anywhere from 7-40 cents just from that (no clicks)so it might be that they pay per thousand, but not added together.. like 600 views one day, plus 600 the next = $0, but 1200 views 1 day = $.07 or something similar

No, AdSense does not pay on a CPM rate - it is on a CPC payment model. You can have 1,000,000 impressions, but if not a single valid click-through occurs, you won't be paid a cent. And there isn't really such a thing as a 'valid' impression - there can be unique hits and page views (the former where an impression is only counted for every new hit, and the latter counting all hits, whether by the same people or not).
Google does display in the statistics the 'effective CPM', but this is basically jut a projection of earnings if on a CPM rate, not what you are being paid per impression - which is nothing.

ow! that hurts!

I was planning to start a forum and just put the links and then start getting lots of money because it is going to be very popular but if that aint possble then i guess I just have to stick to Pay per Click!

But aren't there companies that re just interested in the number of people who just get to know about their webiste.

I think i will launch the service for small companies that wish to come up!

It will certainly be a hit hey!

Thanks for the info guys!