xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LocalSeer

Civilization Iv The good and the bad

I also think this game is awesome, I like playing games that end up taking forever to complete. We play with the hamachi network. I also agree with what they say about the IA cheating. I hate it when they declare war on you, because as soon as they do it, all of a sudden like 20million units are next to one of your cities and usually gets captured. And i have also had some units with a bunch of experience and full health all of a sudden getting killed by other units with less health and experience. Even though its not fair, it still a really fun game.

play without disc

Civilization Iv

Can anyone tell me how to play without the disc.

Mine is scratched to hell and can't be read.

And I'll be damned if I'm gonna shell out another $40.

Ejzipfel at yahoo.Com

-reply by AlkieFish

that review of the great game civilization was excellent. i have the game and age of empires and rise of nations. out of the three i would have to say rise of nations still is better but civilization is better than age of empires. its a great game and yeah it is a great thing that they expanded it from democracy and communism to other types of government.

Great game. Really love how now you have to conquer or make treaties with other nations if you want resources it's way harder.The only problem that i have with civ games is that peasants can take heath from your tanks :P i find that amusing.

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackCivilization Iv

hello ! 

I'm having the exact problem with the game... I don't know maybe I need to learn to play more but how hard should it be on the easyest mode ????  OK heres what happens... I start to play and expand as fast as I can, and sometimes cheat with the map editor to have more settlers and stuff like that. And all of a sudden I find out the AI is already with tanks and machin guns and choppers and what not while I'm still riding horses and elefants.

There has been times when I'm ahead on tech but suddenly an AI declares war on me and gues what ?... My land floods with horse catapults and musketmans and on top of that I start to watch how my tanks and choppers get beat by  a horse man or a longbow man. I mean how mutch sence does it make a man with a bow beating a chopper or even a TANK !

And yes I profoundly hate AI making more than 1 unit at a time .. Thats just unfair.

And yes I totaly agree with the AI not knowing where every unit building is at all times.. I mean where is the realism in that. I have been a fan of RTS my whole life and that issue has always been  troubling me. Example. I make a "mine" out of my defences but really away from the AI base.. And gues what .. 5 sec after its built theres an AI army destroying it... GG

... One last thing off topic :) 

where on earth are my favorite RTS going ?? T_T .. Make more farming and mining passive RTS just like  anno, stronghold, cesar, zeus, knights and merchants !

I realy hope I see more games like those.. I walways enjoy a passive expansive experience :)

Thats all .. Thx everyone :D sorry for my writing.. Second language :)

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords:

I got sick of Civ IV pretty quick. I totally agree about the AI cheating deal. One minute there are no AI units around, next thing I know I'm under attack by 20 units. It SUCKS. There are some redeming features to the game but I would much rather play Civ III. Maybe it is because I am so used to it or maybe because it really was better, I don't know. I would love a re-vamped Civ V. Come on sid I know you can do it :D

I didn't like Civ4 at first but I came to like it quite a bit after giving it a chance. I liked CivIII more but still. Civ 4 was still quite fun.Didn't they come out with a new Civ game that wasn't for PC? I wish they'd spend their resources on a PC Civ5. IMO, Civilization is a game better played on a PC. Hey, have you downloaded any, erm, , third party "addons" for Civ4? I downloaded a few I can't rememer the name of, but it really really enhanced the experience. They don't change the game completely, they just add things that make it better. I don't play Civ4 much anymore, but if I did, I'd be sure to install those things. I don't know what they're called though, sorry but if you browse com civ 4 sites you'll find some great stuff.

lol the ai sucks bawlsCivilization Iv

Definitely have to agree with the AI issues

having an AI suddenly declare war "and he would have say, 4 cities"

then come and take my capital " 25+ people" with 30 catapults and grenades

when the city is being defended by 10 tanks and heli's and win...

all the realism they worked for goes right out the window.

I actually stopped playing and went back to Civ3 because of something

that happened similar to that..

The difficulty setting was 2.

I had been warring with this nation for awhile and we finally had peace.

in 10 turns he managed "with about 5 cities" to turn out about .. Thats right..

about 15 units... Catapults, grenadiers and bowmen "whats with the AIs love for pults btw?"

and successfully, in 1 pass take my capital. Defended  by machine guns, modern armor and and a few marines... I mean ***?

doesnt even make sense, thats when I installed it and gave away the disk

PS: the chick I gave it too sold it on ebay, said the AI blew *bottom* :P -reply by secrets

I liked it at first, except for the ridiculous graphics (and the toll they took on my video card). But the more I played it the less addicting it was. The AI problems have already been said and are 100% right, but the game also just gets boring once all the culture borders are set. Going to war is a pain since it can take dozens of units just to capture one city, and captured cities are worthless for many many turns due to the resistant culture. And the game mechanics are either horribly well-balanced or horribly unbalanced, I can't decide which. Meaning that no matter how many different ways you try to attack a city the AI will always find a perfect counter, with units that come out of nowhere of course. All in all after a while every game was either a lesson in frustration watching longbowmen mop the floor with your gun-toting units, or just plain boring with nothing to do. I'm pretty confident they'll somehow screw up Civ V even worse though...I really need to figure out how to make Civ II work on Windows 7. :)