xisto Community
tdktank59

How We'll Get Back To The Moon in 2018

when we would travel on the moon.many rich people will waste the large money for that.

but the more and more people would die for no money for food.

198989[/snapback]

at the moment the only thing going to the moon will be scientists...

the normal man kind (eveyone not in the NASA science part of it...) will not be going in a while...

there is no point as of yet why we need to be up there beisdes for science

Yes, it sounds great! Only if it will happen. You know that in the early '80 someone at NASA had a working plan to build and colonize the moon. It was predicted that by the year 2000 there would have been more then 800 people on the moon. But of course the cold war was almoust over and there was no need to spend billions of dollars on space explorations. So the project was halted (i can only imagine what would have happened it the cold war lasted a 100 years... the permanent contest between nations would have had a great impact not only for space explorations, but for science in general). Just think where we would have been now if the project had a "go for launch". We would have had a permanent base from where we could have venture into the solar system. Now they spend billions of dollars on a pointless war rather then discovering what is far out is space. Not to mention that as you probably know NASA missions are halted because of the Columbia incident and the more recent trouble. Lack of founds?!? Space is a very long-term investment and it seems the Bush administration isn't very interested in our future (as long as we can have oil and $ right now, why should we think about our children). Without billions of dollars shuttles are going nowhere. I can only hope that someday the moon will be like a second home for humanity...

We do need to go back to the moon. It is the only place outside of Earth that a human has been to. I think that there is more to discover there and I think that the United States should not have abandoned the moon missions in the first place. It is very good that they are planning to go back to learn more about our moon.

We do need to go back to the moon. It is the only place outside of Earth that a human has been to. I think that there is more to discover there and I think that the United States should not have abandoned the moon missions in the first place. It is very good that they are planning to go back to learn more about our moon.

199367[/snapback]

You both make a good point here...

but we do need to get back on the moon and set up at least a science base up there for reserch and future missions to other places... its pretty much mandatory...

If we dont do this stuff know when we have fossile fuels aviable and redily then we will never be able to do it... becasue once we run out of fosile fuels we loose eveything else... we must and need to find other ways to support our economy...

Ok on another note... Ever seen the movie the day after tomarrow? well when the dude in the beging is adressing the global warming board and the president or w/e says stop making relist claims here... and saying our economy is just as fragile as the enviroment... well yeah this is true and *BLEEP* but look at the future not the present at all times... WE MUST solve some more future problems before they become imediate problems.... but no one wants to do antyhing about it... so in all we are *BLEEP*ED,..,.,,,,

I don't think that going to space before we run out of fossil fuels will be much of an issue as there will probably be other chemicals we can use to burn or find methods to create fossil fuels. I think that going back to space will be a great move in terms of science. It would be awesome if sometime in a centry from now people would be given the option to live on the moon.

The moon's gonna be reached by either China or a private venture.  The government is not effiecient enough to put a big project like this together before someone else does, most likely a private business.  And for tuddy, space exploration has practical benefits, not just the "It's man's destiny" bs.  If earth's environment begins to deteriote at an accelerated pace due to human actions, we may be forced to go find a new place to live.  Gotta think big man.

198818[/snapback]

We could think big and put our mind and money into plans that will stop againist or prevent problems of this nature happening. If you ask me were putting to much money into things that just are not as important.

while some people are pretty ecstatic about the moon, is there someone or something in there that will benefit us? Earth is so big that needs the caring and repairing, why spend those great amount of monies on moon or mars when in fact we can use them for the improvement of our very own planet.my thoughts...

wow, this should be good. I'm the kind of person who is into space exploration and stuff like that. I just hope the scientists from nasa use the moon wisely and find out the information they need on mars.It really would be good if someone actually went to visit mars in person :P

The moon's gonna be reached by either China or a private venture.  The government is not effiecient enough to put a big project like this together before someone else does...

198818[/snapback]

It kills me to agree with this, but I think it might be right.

The Chinese are very focussed right now and are making massive strides. If they can keep it up, it's gonna take everything we have to keep pace.

There are people in-the-know who are saying the VSE is simply not supportable, and will certainly collapse after 2008. If we do somehow manage to make it back to the moon, there's a reasonable chance that the Chinese will already be there to welcome us.

But the NASA Admin recently said that though he expects the US to lead the way back to the moon, it'll likely happen as part of a cooperative international effort. Perhaps that makes the most sense.

The moon is the closest abundant source of helium 3 that there is (helium 3 can potentially be used in a completely emissions-free fusion reactor).Concerning comments about the moon taking less fuel for spacecraft launches than Earth, although this is true, that 1/6 of Earth's gravity is still a big waste of fuel. More likely is that all large spacecraft will eventually be built and operated only in space (passengers would be taken to the station using a method similar to those used by SpaceShipOne). There has been an idea to make a space station that is in geosynchronous orbit with the Earth and connects to the ground by a powerful cord on which an elevator of sorts would run, completely eliminating the needs for launch fuel.I'm completely for the ideas of grounding the space shuttles; after 20 years, NASA should be able to come up with something a bit better. However, I'm not too anxious concerning their current replacement vehicle ideas; they appear to be small and almost a step backward.I think that space colonization won't really boom until space tourism gets going (thanks to Virgin Galactic, as well as some small hotel company that wants the first space hotel station up and running by 2010).

From what I read in a different article NASA doesn't have the money to do all it wants now and has to pay as they can so they are putting off projects. I have read about space shuttles that take people into space to surf the atmosphere for like a couple hundred thousand dollars. They plan on taking people to the moon too. Japan is working on the same program and they are gonna combine. Hopefully when we do get back to the moon we can find out more about it. Japan already is taking an iderect way of finding out more by taking samples from the asteroid this month.

It would be good if NASA and the Japanese space programs combine; it wouldn't not only have economical advantages, but chances are the joint effort would improve relationships between our two countries, hopefully strengthening the bond (thus helping to avoid wars over future conflicts).