xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Auto Webpage Resolution Format Viewing Problem Help Needed Please

Hi, my website was created with Frontpage 2003. At screen resolution 1024 * 768. Now the problem that I am finding is people with a screen resol. 800 * 600 see the table and everything in the wrong place and its all messed up.Is there a way to make it so the site is compatiable with all screen resolutions.Thanx in advance for your help.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited topic title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

not really i think.if you put your website in a table. you can give the width an hight "100%". instead of pixels. do so with all your content and it will resize himzelf. (it can be that the quality will go down.)

You can just change the size of your table using this code:

<table width="100%" align="center">

However, if you are using images and you've sliced them into separate cells in the table, you may have to start again since the size (width and height) of the images would greatly affect the size of the cells and of course the table.

Just an advise, you should make layouts for 800x600 screen resolution, that way your site is still viewable with an 800x600 or/and higher resolutions. ^_^

Awee somebody has already mention the WIDTH="100%" thing. It's not Valid HTML, but it will do.. so it's best to put it in the CSS than the actual HTML. Also if you are using images in a table grid.. You might be able to do this sort of thing.. <td background="image" width="4234" height="5345"> so that when a person has a smaller resolution is can be made even smaller... but it will cut the layout off.. but it will save the scrolling on the bottom.I always do this.. when the top of my page.. (all of it) a a gradient..and can not be repeated by using a background.I hope you understood that.. haha

Tamil font not display in Tamil site

Auto Webpage Resolution Format

Dear Sir/Mam,

I will try to open Tamil Font Support site but it display tamil font as ?????(like this).What problem and how to clear that

Regards

Siva

-question by siva

Multi resolution wbe page??Auto Webpage Resolution Format

I have a question on getting web pages ton fit multiple sized resolutions. I learned webdesign back when the easiest fastest way was using dreamweaver building in layers before all the different widescreen resolutions were out. Now I have issues where all my designs look fine in a standard screen but when a wide screen shows them everything is to the left or out of place. I have really no html skill and have looked at css but it makes zero sense to me. I kind of played with table but I really hate them as you can't build fast and you can not put items exactly where you want them like using layers as you can size and drag them exactly where you want them and build in minutes. Is there anyway to use the dreamweaver layers  and have them work in multiple resolutions?

-reply by Fletch

Fletch, I would suggest using "div" tags. Do something like this between your "body" tags:

<div style="width: 100%;" align="center">   <div style="width: 900px;">	  -content-   </div></div>

This will center everything. You can change the "900" to whatever width you actually want.

ABOUT THE RESOLUTIONAuto Webpage Resolution Format

screen resolution compatibility is one problem that I have faced quite a while too... If you are aware with concepts of CSS, you can solve these problems with some intellect apllied to CSS... You can goto w3schools.Com for fast CSS tutorials... 

or if u wanna go the easy way, just make your website in the lowest screen resolution mode, and then follow up... Since it wont be havin troubles in high resolution modes..

-reply by gujju