xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EricDrinkard

Your Mail

What Do You Like  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, IMAP does not interfere with your webmail. All messages are actually stored on the server, so that whenever you want to access them from Am*dam, NY or Mars you can. It just adds one additional feature to it, and that is to use your client when you are back at home or at work. Email clients are nice and they really speed up things, at least for me. So, it is not like pop3 in that respect. You get to administer your folders, move your messages from one folder to another, all that with the client, and all that acutally on the server itself.

i like webmail because it doesn't waste space on my laptop, easy to use, can get it almost anywhere.

For most of the hosted domains i have google mail. I earlier used horde and squirrel mail for the Xisto mail. But later i got my own domains and that is why i have my own google hosted mail.

Hi!I like the convenience of using IMAP to read my email. I can then compose my email offline and have them all sent at once. The added benefit is that I can view my email while on the go when I don't have access to my mailbox. When used in combination with web mail, IMAP enables the mail server to synchronize the read/unread state of the email messages, unlike POP3 which does not maintain the read/unread state.The ability to store old mail, especially those with large attachments helps save disk space when using web mail. GMail gives us several gigabytes worth of space and that's expanding every day so I doubt I'll ever need to both about space usage. If I do end up reaching the limit in a couple of years, I can simply create another email account.I am, however, a little sceptical about services that advertise unlimited mailbox size, such as Rediffmail, because I'm not really sure of how they would maintain their level of service.

I use POP3, The program I use for this is Microsoft Outlook 2007, I have used webmail for a number of years and have found it to be boring dull & slow. Microsoft Outlook gives you lots of customization and makes it easy for you to move or send an email in seconds.

Hi!@AshBashHave you tried using IMAP instead of POP? You'll find IMAP to be much better than POP3 due to the features that it offers over POP3. The best feature, as I've mentioned earlier, is the preservation of the read/unread status of the emails so you don't have to look for which of the emails you haven't already read.

I use webmail. I configured the MX entries and after that, I'm now using Gmail for my personal emails. Of course, some very very trusted people in this forum are allowed access to my personal email as well. I'm trying to set up a contact from on my blog so that they can contact me without knowing my email, and I will choose whether to reply to them or not, but it's pretty hard. :) Anyway, I'll have to set up a separate email account just for that.