xisto Community
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Do You Believe In Ghosts? In the Spirit of Halloween.

It says in the Bible guys that those who are susceptable to believing this stuff will be targeted by the devil. He can do just about anything. And I can promise you he could make that "screaming". As a matter of fact, I have no doubt that there was screaming in the house. Even with no one there. The only person in the house that day was satan. He loves doing this stuff guys. If I walked by, knew that a house had someone murdered in it, and heard someone screaming, I would be like "so what?". The devil, yeah he likes trying to trick people, but not me. People who have had this done to them, have actually called upon Jesus, and instantly, it will stop. I don't want to scare you guys or anything, but there are actually instances where people who are possessed, usually because they were in witchcraft and are trying to stop, wil actually get thrown around rooms. My mother's dad was a pastor, and trust me, he saw this stuff. And I mean, you had to seriously prepare before going to try to deliver a person from this. The elders would get together, and they would pray for a goood half hour, just to strengthen their faith, and then go. Some of the stuff was freaky! But nothing is impossible with God, and eventually, with Jesus, they would help rid these people of this. I don't know what is good evidence, if you don't believe what I am telling you right now. Maybe ignorance? Not to offend anyone. It's your life. But I don't go looking over my shoulder when something that involves spiritualism happens because I know what is going on.Note: Might want to move to this to debate guys.

No I dont believe in ghosts although at times watching ghost stories or movies on TV does give me second thoughts... Also being in bed that night after watching the mentioned programs does make me feel I'm being watched :):)

lol i don't believe actually in ghosts but i believe in presences.i'll make it clear... :)i don't believe even in souls, much because every being of earth and the universe should have one and, due to the fact that human population is growing so fast, where is all the stock of souls to all of these bunch? :D but i do believe that we can alter an enviroment by our presence and that if we do that , it can leave an imprint of yourselves there. so in some sense we continue there :) i'll research more about it :Dcheers

SO
i got raped on march 18 2006 plz reply bak if u no hu dun it plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You're not funny.

Anyways, this topic is too heavily debated. To christians, ghosts don't exist. To others, they do. PLUS there are so many different views on what they exactly do and even how they look like. This is just "one of those topics".
Now for the QUESTION... I somewhat do and don't. I can't explain it. I wish I could though, for extra forum credits . =D

I can say for a fact that their is something that is out their. I do not know if it is ghosts or not, but their is definitely something oout their. I can tell stories of which a house in which my grandma had lived in which was way more than out of the ordinary. I can recall their being one night in which my sister had been sleeping in one of the bedrooms. I was sound in my sleep when I was awoken from a loud screem from the rom in which that she was sleeping. We had ran in their to find out what in the world had happened to her. She said that she had seen a shadow that had comen from under the bed. Now we just thought that she just imagined it until Grandma had noticed that the comforter (blanket) that she was sleeping with was not in the bed. Now this was odd because my sister likes to cling to the comforter in the night and does not let it go. So we looked on the sides of the beds and did not see it. So we looked under the bed and saw that it was directly under the bed in the middle. Now seeing if this was a small bed thenit would not be that strange becasue their is not that much room under their anyway. But this was a queen size bed that it was under. Also we knew that it was not an animal because of the fact that my grandma had one dog that was kept outside all the time. Also not one person in the house would play a prank to that nature because of the trouble that the person would have to insue.Another story is one with my grandma when she had moved down here into a house in Florida. At the time of this accident and the accident that happened before my uncle who is still living with my grandparents at the age of twenty was their with both accidents. About 5 years ago on a Friday night was when this account had taken place. Me and My Uncle were planning to pull about an all nighter sitting their playing a Nintendo 64. So when it was about two we heard a little clinging of the pots and pans. Not much more than five seconds later we saw a shadow walking from the kitchen to the bed-room. Now the shadow that we saw was of one that resembled that of a possibly 5 year old girl. We saw this and we were scared stiff. I mean we had goosebumps and the whole nin yards. So after that we had decided to just go to bed. It would have been one thing if it had just been me that had seen it but it was the both of us. So when we wake up in the morning we ask My uncle's Mom and Dad if they were doing anything in the kitchen around two o'clock in the morning. They said no, and we had followed up with the question, were you in the kitchen at all last night? They said no and asked why, and we told them what had happened and they were a little worried to because they knew that we were not kidding. But they said not to worry about it anymore. So I do not know what was up with that situation.But I do honestly believe that their is something out their. Because their are just too many strange things that happen to believe that their isn't. I just can not believe that it is just a mere coicidence. But what you choose to believe is what you choose to believe. I have no controll of what your opinion is. But I can try to swade it.

I don't really know, I mean when I walk into a dark and scary place, the first thing I think is ghost. But when I sit down and think about it, I'm like...hummmm....there are no such thing as ghost. But then theres the whole afterlife, heaven, hell agruement, so I'm not really sure if ghosts are real or not. I don't doubt that they are real, but there are also no such evidence that they exists

No. Might as well think that the tooth fairy is real. Come on there is no proof nor evidence (real evidence) they are real. Just uh oh i hear noises. To me its a dumb argument to say no they are real becaue such and such happened.

Yes, I do believe in ghosts, simply because I have incountered one.At this statement, you probably think I'm lieing, but I am not.My grandmother on my father's side lives near a graveyard, and her house used to be the house of a family that lived there years ago. The family was murdered and the killer was never found. Just knowing my grandmother lives there is enough to scare me. But one night she called me to tell me she had heard some screaming in the bedroom across from hers, which had been the little boy's bedroom. (the family was a mom and dad, an older girl and younger boy)The next day I had my mother drive me up there to see what it was.I decided to stay the night.Mistake number one.I too, heard loud screams. Screams like that of a scared little boy. There were real too, as if the person screaming was right next to your ear. My grandmother and I called a local ghost investigators and they put a bunch of equipment like cameras, noise achievers and the such. we caught several ghosts on tape.My grandmother has since moved out of the house due to things being flung off the walls.Me being a Christian, I shouldn't believe in ghosts. However, I do believe that souls that feel they haven't been justified or want revenge do linger on Earth until they get what they want.

Yeah I think that things like ghosts do exist, but not in a way they are often represented by the media and movies. They are around us and animals are very good at sensing them. Growing up, I only had a dog as a pet, and he could sense when something was around..it really gives you the spooks when it is very late at night, the house is dark, you are watching tv and the dog wakes up from a sound sleep abruptly, jumps up and slowly walks to the dark hallway or next room with all the fur on his back up and then slowly backs up and looks at you like he just saw a ghost. This used to happen all the time. I used to get terrified by looking at the terror in his eyes...he also never slept downstairs alone. He would sleep at the top of the stairs, as if guarding all of us sleeping during the night.Well all in all...there are some sort of forces either divine or of the dead people and they are protecting as well as haunting us, but it is not as spooky as movies present them!

I tend to lean more towards believing ghosts exist, even though I don't normally act like I do. However, I don't belive in the movie versions of ghosts, since I believe all ghosts are are enegry of a person left over after they pass on, not the person's actual soul.

Whose afraid of the dark? I am. That’s because I know what lurks in the shadows, and sometimes, it’s nothing to be trifled with. Children, who are more attuned to the unseen worlds, often have an innate, healthy respect for the darkness (oft times referred to as “fear”), because they sense the presence of other forms and entities we as adults have lost awareness of. The entities and forms who linger on this plane are not all about peace, light and goodness as the rose colored-wearing New Agers would have us believe. Anyone who’s actually worked around the paranormal enough will tell you this. It’s difficult for higher level entities to lower their vibration patterns enough to descend to our plane. Angelic visitations and incarnations of great masters are unfortunately the acception, not the rule.

Generally, what mankind comes into contact with in the “desire world” are phenomona known as “thought forms.” The product of human practitioners, these thoughts take on a disembodied life of their own, usually (but not always) based on the original intent of their maker. And ghosts find themselves trapped on this plane for any number of reasons. Often, they are the result of an untimely death. The person’s vital force did not have the customary time to wane had it been a natural death. And so that vital force lingers after death, not aware of its’ own demise…...caught between the worlds. These entities will often carry on as they did before death, scaring the ^%$! out of those unfortunate enough to be in their presence.

If what Jcrueter describes as happening at his home is accurate (his post was removed earlier - hope he reposts again), something more malevolent than a ghost or thought form may be at work. The services of an excorcist may be in order, preferably more than one! Maybe a Priest could be convinced to come out and bless the property. Personally, I’d rather move than live around an entity in that much torment. It's too bad the Catholic Church doesn't perform this rite in earnest anymore. I'm not sure if anyone’s heard of Father Malachi Martin, but he was a Jesuit priest who documented a number of successful exorcisms. Sadly, he died in ’99 and I’m not aware of anyone in the Church who can hold a candle to him. You can check out more on his fascinating life and work here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

We cannot discount these phenonana as mere coicidnece or conjecture. As Shakespeare so eloquently put:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Edited by vbritton (see edit history)

ok i decided to post my weird happenings because vbritton was nice enough to include me in his post the events i am going to tell you about have been going on for a while now in our house lets start with the weirdest thing that happens it might not happen as much as the others is during the summer some times the temp in my room will go down to around 40 degrees when outside it might be somewhere around 90 degrees and when we have empty glasses on the table when no one is around the glass it will sudenly explode and last but not least every morning at around 6 am in the hallway by all the rooms you can hear someone walking in the hall but no one will be there. and there are sometimes other weird things like the tv turning off repeativly and other things like that.even tho these events might seem scary it has never tried to hurt any of my family members of friends so we welcome it and named it Bob.

ok i decided to post my weird happenings because vbritton was nice enough to include me in his post

the events i am going to tell you about have been going on for a while now in our house lets start with the weirdest thing that happens it might not happen as much as the others is during the summer some times the temp in my room will go down to around 40 degrees when outside it might be somewhere around 90 degrees and when we have empty glasses on the table when no one is around the glass it will sudenly explode and last but not least every morning at around 6 am in the hallway by all the rooms you can hear someone walking in the hall but no one will be there. and there are sometimes other weird things like the tv turning off repeativly and other things like that.

even tho these events might seem scary it has never tried to hurt any of my family members of friends so we welcome it and named it Bob.

I think it'd be interesting for you to do some research on your house. Who lived there before? Or, more to the point, who died there before? ;) How old is it? Any Indian Burial grounds nearby? I'd love to hear from you the real name of this tormented phantom... Once you find out, that is...

I used to work in a restaurant, when I was in High School, in Montana that was rumored to be haunted. I never was graced by the spirit. I worked in a building in downtown Seattle that once had a swimming pool in the basement that is now filled in. Apparently when it was a swimming pool, a child was murdered by an adult, by drowning, and to this day the child can be seen near the pool. Didn't see that one either. It's the sudden unexpected deaths that seem to produce tormented "lost" spirits who can't seem to realize they're dead. The next time you see a ghost, tell it, "Seek the light!"

When I was young I used to be quite 'preyed upon' by the paranormal. However, now I seem to be able to deal with it (I'll write more on my childhood experiences later in this post).

There are people who can become 'immune' to the activities of ghosts, I think. For example, I routinely spend the night in any haunted house I'm told about. This isn't for 'fun' or 'kicks' it's more an honest investigation. However, I'm rarely bothered by the 'inhabitants' of various places, firstly (this is important) because intense meditations have made me very strong mentally and spiritually, but also probably because I have a very bad attitude.

Basically, the attitude is this.. If a paranormal entity can't hurt me, my mind is calm and untroubled. If it CAN hurt me, then it might even kill me if I stay around it long enough. And if it does, I'll hunt it when I'm dead and put it through my dying torment again and again throughout eternity. And I would do that, believe me - with deathless, eternal hate. Somehow, this mindset seems spook the ghosts or 'inhabitants'. Anyway, when I enter an 'occupied property' they quieten until I leave again.

It's actually happened several times. When I traveled I was often short on funds, so I would ask around and find a house with a 'bad name' - usually one in which a suicide or murder had occurred, and move in there. The fact that I used to stay in these places used to terrify the locals - they just couldn't understand how it was possible.

It was very, VERY different when I was a child - then dreams and the dark and 'sights' used to terrify me. There was a voice in the corner of my room that would cackle at me out of the dark. There was a 'sighting' that used to look like my mother, except that the top half of the body was missing. And when I slept it was most terrifying of all - a set of six black dogs used to chase me whenever I slept, through my dreams EVERY single night, just as soon as I closed my eyes. And in the shadows behind the dogs used to be a black garbed woman urging them on.

Anyway, the dreams were the worst of all because I couldn't get any sleep, so finally I couldn't stand it any longer (I was just a kid) and I told my mother. And she told me, it's all a question of attitude. Whether you exist in this world, or in a spirit world or in a dream, you have your WILL, and if your WILL is strong, NOTHING will stand before you. You have to use your will as a WEAPON when you have no other weapon. Now, tonight you will sit and think of these creatures, and instead of fear, burn with anger, and when you sleep and the dream comes, FOCUS that anger on them.

And it worked. When the dream came again (as it always did) I was like a god - in that dream world, I, a child, could do anything - I just hadn't realized it. And the woman and her dogs fled into the mist, and never came back.

And I've never changed that attitude, instead, as a result of deep meditations and studies under some wonderful teachers, my will has grown much stronger than it was then.

The WILL is ALL - in this world or any other. And even a spirit in torment can still be afraid, of other spirits, perhaps, and yes, even of a mortal. Fear works both ways. Your will, your 'focus' is YOUR spirit essence, and if you work to make it strong enough it is feared in ANY world.
Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)