xisto Community
andruha

Windows Media Player 10

i personally dont like the new verson, it looks a tad better but media player 9 is cool too. thats the one ive been useing and i dont plan on switching back to 10 anytime soon. no offense intended to microsoft, the make fabulious products <_<

I stopped using Windows Media Player a long time ago because it was so slow! Now, (by the way, i have tryed loads of media players) I have finally settle on one player.

Quintessential Music Player v.6

Its really quick loading music the interface is cool and easy to use, skins are plentiful and good, and there are many features including capturing streaming media from the internet.

Heres a link for anyone who is interested:

Quinnware.COM

NOT A HUGE FILE EITHER...

They suck with their media players only aimed at reducing your liberties. Go Linux and become a microsoft-resistant ! Nobody except you should have the right of controling what you can do with your computer.

Windows media player sux. It's slow, bloated and has an irritating interface. It's visualizing sux *bottom* compared to winamp. Winamp is much much better. I use it for everything since a year or 2. It's much faster (its click&play instead of click&wait4secs&play) and has some nice plugins and skins.

I personally like that new wmp10 in skin and feature. I think it is more pretty than v.9 . But my comp is so slow when I running it.By the way I alway use winamp 5 to listen to the most music. and got powerdvd for playing the movie it is better. :)

Yes, the latest version sucks alot. I waited for it to upgrade and when I tested it with my videos, the display was all grainy and bad. Audio playback is great and the skinning is improved but I clicked that rollback as soon as I found out its bad.I use Winamp on mp3s and WMP on videos.

Windows Media PLayer 10 was a large improvement from Windows Media 9, better layout, better skinning options and more tools to play with.I wouldnt trust its Ripping Tool as its very basic and probably wouldnt do the advanced ripping that a normal Audio CD would require.

oooo Goody all these bad stories about it...earlier on I got that automatic update thing and it asked me if I wanted to update the WMP but I press cancel....=D Good choice ? or Bad ?

oooo Goody all these bad stories about it...earlier on I got that automatic update thing and it asked me if I wanted to update the WMP but I press cancel....=D Good choice ? or Bad ?

Well... let's say you haven't missed anything :)

I put Window media player 10 on my laptop and wished that i didnt............the media "guide" wouldnt work like it did in the 9 series so you couldnt search for music videos, songs, etc. i thought it was aslo quite buggy now im back to windows media player 9

I use Windows Media Player 10 Quite a bit lately....But for Movies I stick with PowerDVD...I dont find many probs with WMP 10, seems to run ok, just dont use it for ripping music or burning onto CD