xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

photoshop, bryce (scrap images for photoshop), notepad, and sometimes dreamweaver....Well, I usually use notepad... it fulfills my needs and I don't need to a minute for it to open up... I use dream weaver occasionally, but not as much anymore.....

Dreamweaver is good, but the best solution is notepad :):D You need to have some knowledge about html, css and php (if you want).With those programs that do everything for you, you'll not learn anything, and if an error occurs you probably don't know how to fix it.So for me the best program is notepad or wordpad, as you wish :DGreetz~Jo?o Lopes

yeah definately dreamweaver for coding. and the rest either in flash or photoshop. i usually use photoshop to make a template if im not planin to make the whole thing flash :P

I've been using MS Expression Web for the past few months. I was test driving it for free. It's so good that I bought it. Yes, it's standards compliant and has nothing in common with frontpage. Very good for designing in CSS. I wouldn't use NVU or Komposer since, like frontpage, they put garbage in your code.

I has use a lot all of macromedia suit like Dreamweaver ultradev4 , 4 , mx , mx2004. Is there another good program to design website than macromedia dreamweaver? I just want to try other software may be I will get a new idea and effect for my site.
PS. don't try 2 answer microsoft frontpage hehehe :lol:

ya notepade works really good for coding a website but if you are trying to code a site using c++ then use visual c++ 9.0 its really good for coding c++ very easy

Im just starting out but im using Dream Weaver 8 and Fireworks 8 they are some real good programs i found they have simple stuff to use but if u go in deep it can get real hard ive learned how to make nav bars and menu buttons that is the coolest thing ive found out and making banners is real cool but i need to find some good documents to find out how to use it better.

Im using dream weaver 8 and fireworks 8 is there anyone that could give me any tips about thes programs im new to this stuff just starting out pleas if anyone has anything they could help meout with i would rally appericate it ive tried some videos but got nothing from them .

Looks like everybody's putting in their 2 cents so here's mine: MS Expression Web. You can download it for a free 3 month trial on MS website. It IS NOT frontpage!! EWeb is standards compliant, writes in CSS, validates your code and tells you what you did wrong, etc. It's companion graphics program Expression Design is ok for logo design and some basic graphics work, but I prefer Corel Paint Shop Pro and the Gimp for most graphics work. I think CNET (or some other comparable site) just declared EWeb as the best WYSIWYG editor, ahead of Dreamweaver.One knock on EWeb is the builtin ftp applet doesn't want to stay connected. I think it doesn't do passive ftp or something like that, so I still use Filezilla for ftp uploads.

I use dreamweaver as well, but thats all I really use. If I want to add some flash and something to spice the site up I also use a combination of photoshop and flash to make a more spiffy looking banner. Dreamweaver is awesome for editing, but there is somtimes some things where you have to manually go in and change the html code. So for web design I use a combination of Dreamweaver, photoshop, flash, and of course my brain for the html coding parts.

For my website, I only use php-powered software. But when designing html pages I use photoshop to design the entire thing. Then I cut it up and transfer it all to dreamweaver. No programming skills required.

I use a designer prog called Web Pro.It makes a different layer for everything I put on my page.Not the kind of prog you use if your into coding.Sinds I know nothing about htmlit is perfect for me.If you want you can checkout thecode to see what i mean.The address is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ It's a dutch site.To edite picks i use all kinds of progs from jasc paintshop to microsoft photo editor.The prog has his own text editor so that is what i use for text.For the other design i use Xara Webstyle 4.

Dreamweaver definitely has the best functionality of the web site design programs. I feel it has a simple user interface and allows the users to make a professional looking website. For one of my classes, we created an e-commerce site using dreamweaver mx2004 and it was a very easy process. We ultimately achieved the desired result and I feel that Dreamweaver was very beneficial. I plan to make my next site with it too.