xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lozbo

Cant See My Site dont know why

Sometimes i have a problem while trying to see my site. And not becouse i ran out of bandwidth, i dont have really a website, have not finished, but i put stuff there from time to time, like school works, or party- maps or stuff, and i had just checked my stats about bandwidth like an hour ago, and its fine.But all of a sudden, i stopped seeing my site, and as i am finishing installing joomla, i particularly need it now... and i didnot mess with anything about any config. This some times happens, i dont know why and it sometimes happens with these forums too, and then after a while it restores back. Dunno what could be this time couse everything seems to be ok, i can enter other sites...I have a home internet cable conection and dont think that has to do with a server problem, but dont know much about it, becouse it gets restored by itself... do you know what could be happening?

not really sure what your particular problem could be but from my end, i find that sometimes the server goes down here at trap. Next time it happens try pinging the server to see whether or not it's up, or even just check to see if other people's sites are up. Might help to pin point your problem.round

My site domain never shows either. But some of the sub domains do. Maybe it's the internets problem or something? Most of the time it is for me.

Lozbo,

If you noticed that you cannot see your website AFTER using FTP to upload/download try reading this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/28789-account-upgrade-cant-access-my-site/ completely and see if you can pin-point when exactly you cannot see your site:
Is it right after using FPT
Is it certain times of the day
Is it every day

Clearning up your browser's cache usually helps. But if it does not help you can try to ping your website using the command prompt. But if that does not help see the link in my signature regarding editing your HOSTS file. Also, do set your site address and Xisto's address as TRUSTED site under your browser's security setting.

My site domain never shows either. But some of the sub domains do. Maybe it's the internets problem or something? Most of the time it is for me.

195182[/snapback]

i too am having all sorts of probs accessing my website and cpanel.

see my topic accessing website.

i suspect there are many users with this problem on an intermittant basis.

have you resolved your connection problem yet.

But all of a sudden, i stopped seeing my site, and as i am finishing  installing joomla, i particularly need it now... and i didnot mess with anything about any config.

Sometimes due to heavy users database MySQL in particular experience downtime but this didn't happen in the past week. Even if it happens it lasted not more than 30 minutes in general.

This some times happens, i dont know why and it sometimes happens with these forums too, and then after a while it restores back. Dunno what could be this time couse everything seems to be ok, i can enter other sites...

194597[/snapback]

Since you have installed joomla newly it may have to do with templates of joomla also. I don't think it is the problem of the server. The problem seems to be in your website and your own website configuration. It will be nice if you tell us which version of joomla are you using. Version 1.0.1, Version 1.0.2 & Version 1.0.3 are released for now.