xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
niloc

Account Upgrade cant access my site

Ever since i upgraded from the package 1 free hosting to the package 2 i have been having problems accessing my webpage.I was able to use cpanel , but now i cannot get onto that.Any ideas.dont know whats changed in the last 10 minutes , but now i can get on them both ?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging double posts.

i have the same problem, i think it happaned before i upgraded my free hosting. But now, sometime, i cannot log on to my site or the cpanel. And the website would be down for probably an hour before it works again. I would like to know why too. I think many other poeple have the same problem.

I think it's just you two as far as I know. Let's try clearing up your cache of your browser for now and see if that helps you out.If you cannot access your cPanel and your site is down try pinging your web address. If you can ping successfully then there's a problem with cPanel and etc. If you cannot ping that's entirely a different story. It could be your ISP or Xisto.

I'm pretty sure it's not the browser, because my friend (she is also a member of my forum). And sometime, she complaint to me that the forum is not working. I tried to log on to my cpanel and my site and both didn't work. It happaned to me 2 or 3 times so far. And how do you ping a web address?...do you use the window command prompt or something?anyway.. the next time it happans to me, i will try to get a different person that i know have a different ISP than me and try if it works for them. And i will post the result. =P

back to the same problem again .... cant access website or cpanel.tried clearing browser cache ..... still no access.tried clearing all browser history , cookies , cache , etc .... still no access.unfortunately i never made a note of my site ip address , so i cant ping it.any thoughts ?just tried to connect to ftp address .... connects no problem.uploaded about 1.5m data .... again no problem.tried to access website and cpanel again unable to connect ???i am using mozilla web browser ... tried using IE6 ... still no access ?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging double posts. Please refrain from skipping every other line. Thank you.

ok.. i just happaned to me again. But this time, i asked one of my friend and he said it works. So it must be my ISP then.Right now, i cannot connect to my website, cpanel, or even access my FTP account.I wonder why my ISP keep on doing that.... do you have any idea? Or could it be that the server is refusing to connect to certain IP address.sorry for posting again. But i think i found a solution to it. I just try to reconnecting to the internet and now my site works again. I'm not sure if this is a concident or not.. .so why dont' you try and find out.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging double posts.

Guys, I know you are frustrated but try not to double post.

niloc
do you notice that whenever you connection to FTP then you cannot access your website? We had a member who experienced the same and later we found out that that member's FTP settings were what's causing cPanel and website not to work. I think it was something related to the connection session timeout or something. Try using a different FTP client or setting it differently (since I do not know what FTP client you are using I cannot tell you how at this moment). In my signature you'll find FileZilla link. If you are not using that try it.

DogEater008
now that we know it's not the website issue for you, at least, we can rule out that it's TRAP's server. This means something to do with your ISP. Why, I do not have an answer. But sometimes it happens to all ISP. When I first activated my hosting it happened to me as well. In my signature you'll find a link to HOSTS. This is something you can do the next time you're experiencing the same problem. Editing HOSTS file will let your Windows know that instead of trusting your ISP's "connection list" it trusts internal "list" and goes after the web address. This will not harm your computer (please follow it to the T).

How to ping:

Open your command prompt and type

ping yoursite

Good luck you guys and hopefully this will be over soon. :)

When i try to access my website or cpanel i get the error website could not be found.When i am trying the above i do not have any ftp software running , just mozilla.I tried to ping http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and i go no response.I checked my wireless router in case it was blocking the website .... all ok.I asked a friend to access my website ..... he got the same error.I presume that it is not an isp error as i am on adsl and he is on cable.I have just tried to access my websire again ... only minutes after being unable to access it for hours , without making any changes at my end ..... and now i can access it again ?????I dont know if it is a timing error due to Xisto server load , but to me the problem seems to be somewhere at Xisto.Hope some of the above will help point me in the right direction.

I am using flashfxp , but when in the rare instance that i can connect to cpanel then i have used that as well.I dont know if its got anything to do with it , but the other person saying that they have similar access problems who has posted on this topic joined Xisto at exactly the same time as me. dogeater008 is member no. 12656 and i am 12657 .... any thoughts ?

Just to fill my curiosity could you click on the link in my signature area to install FileZilla? It's only because I'm not proficient with another program besides what I'm used to.Here's what I'm thinking. Your FTP program is somehow triggering something from connecting to the server. Either that the server thinks you are still in session or performing malice attempts (again these are pure assumptions of mine, and not technically correct). So let's try this.1. EDIT your HOSTS file.2. try connecting to your site, FTP anything you would normally do 3. if the same problem occurs, install FileZilla4. try, again, do the usual manner things and reconnect to your site

nvm.. reconnecting thing didn't work. It was a concident the last time i did it. What i notice so far is, some ISP works and some don't. I had a few of my friends tested it. Some said it works and some said it didn't work. I'm pretty sure they have different ISP.before, when the site didn't work, i tried to ping my web address, but it said could find or something. i hope you guys could figure out what's going on. =P.. .

i really dont think it has anything to do with my ftp software because i have only used it the once and since then i have managed to access my site and cpanel a few times , but like now i cannot.also if it was ftp software why would my friend not be able to access my site ?has dogeater008 upgraded from package 1 to package 2 as i have.if so did his problems start then.when i do manage to access cpanel my stats still look as though im still on package 1.

DogEater008

In the case you provided it's definitely an ISP issue when you cannot see it but others can (at the same time). You edited your HOSTS file and still having the issue? That's out of my league. It's not Xisto's server issue so I don't know where to go from here.

niloc

As of 3:16pm GMT-5 I am looking at your site ?Knowsley Home Page? without an issue. Does your cPanel information tell you that you have the Beta package?