xisto Community
EricDrinkard

Free Html Editor

Hey Notepad Plus Plus is a great software for coding.

Notepad++ is really good and of course its free. The best thing about it is the ability to add-on, which is also free.

Good luck.

Notepad is great, but sometimes I will use Dreamweaver if something isn't working right because you can preview your work. With notepad you would have to save it, upload it, and then go to your site (it gets annoying). Some HTML editors are just a little more convenient. If I'm just doing a quick change or something I'll use notepad.

I like Dreamwaver.

I haven't used any html editor so far. Actually I am totally new to this field of website building. Even when I post some ad links to my blog post, I just follow the instructions given there to do so. My knowledge on html editor is very much limited and I am only aware about the less than and greater than symbols to start with and end with respectively while posting my ad html code. It is good that there are a number of html editors which are free to use. I will download the one you mentioned and learn editing out there. Thanks for the informations provided about the free html editor.

open office is very handy and simple to use.it has got html editor.but microsoft office has dominated the world over many years in office works.it has front page to do the html job easy.

I suppose Dreamweaver is the best, I've used it before...Frontpage is good too... but not as good as Dreamweaver, I suppose.But notebook is the best if you can code...I know very good game sites that are coded by notebook and only notebook.And it's free!I still can't believe how they do that though...The site is https://www.poxnora.com/index.do(Or just search poxnora on the internet)

Real pros code with notepad.

That's not true actually. I code with NotePad++ or a Compiler. Depending on what I am coding at the time, I'd use something different.

You could always try CoffeeCup, First Page 2006 or Kornodo Edit. I believe the last one is also available in use for Linux as well. Well these pretty much do what any other HTML editor does, can use keywords for html, undo/edit/paste and apply a view of your page to your browser of choice. I like coffee cup especially due to them giving you even graphics and scripts and even image insertion tools, making it a whole heap easier for beginnners. My favorite though remains as just the normal notepad, not that its because im a expert or anything but it just helps me to learn the language than just using already generated html for me. So for learners who wanna learn HTML, don't use those fancy editors :3 Stick with the Notepad, I'm sure you will be writing straight from the head in no time if you choose the latter choice.

Yeah NotePad++ is a great little app i use that one as well. It contains syntax highlighting, numbered lines and you can tab easily between multiple files. What more can you ask for? i mean it is only creating/editing HTML, CSS and possibly PHP where talking about here.

I use NotePad++. It's better then Notepad to be editing code in files, such as .php, .sql and .html extensions. :P

I concur! The most efficient way to edit a web page is in the code... the best way to do that is with a text editor, and the best example is Notepad ++.