xisto Community
tdktank59

Play Any Type Of Music/instrument?

I play Alto Saxophone for the school band. I could be better and practice more but its fun. We are playing The Incredibles, some of the music from the musical "Wicked" or w/e, Amber Waves of Grain, Lexington March, and some others. We play about 5 to 8 songs for our concerts. Some of 2 pages, some are one, and some are 3. I really like The Incredibles. Great movie and great piece. Oh yeah. We are also playing "It Came Apon a MidNight Clear". Fun pieces :huh:

192929[/snapback]

um what school u play at??? cause i think our we is playing those songs... but w/e in my band we are playing pilatus: mountian of dragon or somtin like that... northwood... panis angelicas... and a tribute to luie armstrong

but yeah its fun i enjoy playing fun music!!!

Well Yeah what instrument do you play or instruments do you play!!!!

I myslef play the Tuba in Benicia Symphonic Band and the Sousaphone in the Marching band.

I have also played trumpet. The French Horn and the Trombone.... I expect i can play any other brass instrument because they are all nearly the same with the buzzing and other things. But as soon as you show me wood winds or more than 5 keys/buttons you have lost me...

Besides the piano that is lol i can play alittle nothing much just like twinkle twinkle lol...

I am currently learning the bass guitar so i can play Upright Bass in Jazz Band !!!!

I have also been to the Rose Parade in 2005!!! So our little city which most havnt heard is one of the best throughout Callifornia (highschool bands)

192674[/snapback]

i am good at playing the drums and piano and i can also play a bit of guitarr but not a lot

I started playing the violin in 7th grade. I'm currently playing for the school orchestra. And our orchestra sucks. It combines with beginners and advance people. Which sucks because the beginners can't keep up. Our conductor gave us a hard song and expects us to be ready in 3 weeks. Half of the time in class is just arguing instead of playing. I really want to play the piano and guitar, but it is so hard. And i'm too poor for private lessons. =(

I'd played the violin for 6 years, until I was forced to quit because I couldn't fit it in my schedule any more and my younger brother need my violin to continue his lessons. So I'm currently attempting to take up guitar.

I played flute, piccolo, and tenor sax in high school and college. Was in the dance and pep bands. Took piano in college, but couldn't cut it beyond basic lessons. Haven't played any of these instruments in years, but enjoyed them a lot when I did. Instrumental music was my college minor. Business Admin. my major. Kind of dropped instruments along my accounting trail.

I can play guitar,bass,violin, keyboards and a little bit of drums! I prefer guitar the most and i cant get my hands of it. i love playing it and without it i dont know what i would be doing. losing my time maybe?!

Well, I am not that good at any instrument, but I was always interested in them, I bought a bass 3 months back but was only fooling around with it and just started practicing some 2 weeks ago, I don't go for any classes or take any lessons, I get the tabs off the net and then try to play. I even play a bit of drums.

I say you go with guitar. I play guitar and i love it. It usaully depends on how comfortable you are with the instrument. I have a friend that plays bass and likes to play guitar but still prefers to play bass. I on the other hand suck at bass yet think it is an amazing instument. I just can't get past the feel

I played classical, acoustic and electric guitar for like 15 years. My Mom started me with lessons when I was 9 or 10. The lessons didn't last long, but I still learned - picked up more chords, learned the scales, that sort of thing.Unfortunately, I was never very good with any guitar and I eventually realized that I didn't really like it. So, a few months ago I officially quit. I've always been a LOT more interested in drumming anyway. So, now I'm learning how to play drums. I don't have my own kit yet, but that's coming eventually (like, once I'm sure that this is what I really want to do).

I've played soo many instruments, i just cant figure out which one is best for me! The first instrument I played was the Alto Saxophone. At first, I really liked it, but after a while it became a bit much and i didnt really like playing it anymore. So, then i started playing the clarinet because it seemed like a fun instrument to play but again, i didnt like it to much because it was to hard to play (in my opinion) and I was kind of behind in my class because I just started and all the clarinets were ahead of me.Then, I tried playing the flute, which I actually liked a lot, but I had to stop playing it because the teacher wouldnt let me play it anymore. I know, it really sucked because I really liked it but hey, if they wont let u play it, what can ya do?Lastly, I played the key board. That was the best instrument for me. I was really good at this instrument, i became a part of the enrichedment band and played for our school's play because the teacher thought I was that good. I really enjoyed playing it too. Plus, i had one at home .. so I could practice more often. Now, Im not taking music in school anymore soo I dont currently play anything.

One thing that I'm seeing in this thread is regret that people didn't learn an instrument when they were kids.My Mom regrets not sticking with the piano lessons that her Mom forced her to take when she was five and six years old. But because my Mom didn't really *want* to play back then, she wouldn't have gotten all that much out of the lessons. It was a chore - something that she resented being made to do - not a fun activity that she embraced.So...for those of you who are now showing an interest in an instrument: it's not too late. You'll probably get more out of learning how to play the (whatever) now that you want to learn. Versus your Mom dragging you to the music store once a week or whatever would have happened.Get instructional DVDs. Buy a poster of guitar chords and learn them. Take lessons. Ask friends who play that instrument to give you pointers. Get online and talk with other people. And you don't even have to buy a *nice* instrument. If you want to learn guitar, you can pick up a very basic guitar for a hundred bucks or so. If you really enjoy learning and know that you'll be playing this time next year? Go ahead and start thinking about an upgrade. Point being: don't let anything stop you from trying something new. :unsure:

I used to play the clarinet in high school and I also took piano lessons when I was a child. Pity I didn't continue them...guess I also saw it as a chore...although my folks didn't want me to waste my talent. Never did feel comfortable playing in front of a large audience. Good thing is that I still play the keyboards from time to time (I used to own a Roland synthesizer or two way back when). One instrument I would love to learn how to play is the acoustic guitar.

I grew up in quite a musical family, so It was never hard for me to learn how to play an instrument. I took piano lessons when i was quite young, but I never really got into it enough. So I stopped going to lessons. But when i took a music class in high school, it was so easy! Anyway, I play the guitar. And I taught myself as well, never had any lessons. I have played for just over a year and a half now, and im pretty good, i guess.