xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
p_a

Jsp Or Php Faster, better, ....

I had bad experience with Java Server Pages. Lot of problems, website in difficulties, ....PHP seems to be much better. Fast, reliable. Optimized for databases. Really good.Many sites went from JSP to PHP.

I had bad experience with Java Server Pages. Lot of problems, website in difficulties, ....

PHP seems to be much better. Fast, reliable. Optimized for databases. Really good.

Many sites went from JSP to PHP.

189636[/snapback]

It depends, why and how you are using this technologies. For Normal web use, PHP will be easy to use with many features....as you already know.

But for complex websites and applications, Java/Jsp solution is much preferable, secure.

This is the reason big organisations use Java/.NET solutions.

Once you site grows bigger and bigger it becomes hard to maintain as it becomes complex with more users, more application and features.

Also, it requires more security, as it also increases threat of being hacked into.

For normal website, PHP solutions is great way to start.

Anyway, different developer has their own opinion but this is mine.

You are totally right...

-PHP is much easier... You don't have to bother about object types (string, integer, array, enumeration ed).. you just enter $object = "whaaaatever"; and it allways works...

- PHP works fast for small applications (so most personal websites).

- PHP has more default methods (like stripslashes() sha1() md5() etc)...

- And a PHP host is very easy to find... JSP takes some more time....

However: JSP / J2EE r0000x..

if you use it where its made for "Jave 2 enterprise edition"...

i think java is better than php, in one hand php is easy and it doesn't have language restrictions and at last it brings you the security that any other language offers you, but when you talk of proffesional coding it's worthless because it hasn't variable constraints and a lot of things respect to object oriented programming. In the other hand java is specially designed for a good object oriented programming, it's a litle hard to learn but it has the modularity needed to acomplish professional coding and also all the complex of java packets.

When I first encountered PHP about 5 years ago (can't even remember which version it was...an early 4.x, I think) it had some issues. We were thinking of switching from CF to PHP, but in our testing one of the dll's related to PHP kept throwing errors and gumming up the works. But that was a long time ago and PHP has seen some pretty serious changes since then.A few days ago, Marc Andreeson was quoted as saying he thinks PHP will surpass Java as the "standard" server-side language (perhaps he specified "web-services language," I can't recall).To be brutally honest, I think one of Java's biggest problems is Sun. I'd have more faith in it's longevity if it were an IBM product (which may be the case, some day).

I don't have experience in either of the programming languages yet but I think they both have their advantages. I prefer php though. I use it for navigation around my site.

ASP.Net and JSP are better for large scale, enterprise level applications. I went to the MSDN event in NYC, and in the demonstrations, they were using Visual Studio, a rather expensive product (depending on the edition), and more affordable for companies than individuals. PHP is free and can be developed for with pretty much any editor (not to mention many good free IDEs).

For me, PHP is the best programming tool even for enterprise solution. I know java is good. But for web programming, nothing is better than PHP.if you talk about OOP, just remember, PHP 5 now support OOP 99,5% not like PHP 3 or 4. BTW, there is no system 100% secure. It's depend on the programmer side. Is he understand about security or writing secure code?The most best market for java i think is for Mobile Application. I've learn java and it run so slow, than C or C++. Just an example, to open "open dialog box" java (I used JAVA 1.5) need at least 6 seconds. And C++ application only took 0.01 secs. Any one has some problem? :D

You cant just say php or jsp. You have to look at the project you are currently creating and determine what features it needs and will needs and then you choose the language to do it. For smaller projects that dont need all of the windows look-and-feel that the jsp and ajax pages allow, you would stay with php. If you get into a page like gmail, etc. that need tons of complex features, multiple developers working on the same project, etc. you would go with java because it would decrease the time it would take for a project like that to be completed as compared to using php. Finally, you also could do similar types of pages in lisp and write your lisp code so it outputs to php / c code that can be used on the web. Those are your options but you have to know exactly what the person / company wants before you choose a language.

I don't think you can say a specific language is better than others. Each has its advantages but also disadvantages. It depends on the project you are working on. For example when I've to do database access I prefer JSP because I can use JDBC which is very good and provides a lot of possibilities. On the other hand, for a simple guestbook or something like that I prefer PHP. I think the best is a mixture of different languages. One problem with JSP is that it is very expensive to get webspace on which you can run JSPs or servlets. Free webspace with JSP is much more difficult to find. Webspace with PHP is very easy to find an also doesn't cost very much. Greetings, staph

I had bad experience with Java Server Pages. Lot of problems, website in difficulties, ....
PHP seems to be much better. Fast, reliable. Optimized for databases. Really good.

Many sites went from JSP to PHP.

well, you shouldn't say that way my buddy, jsp or common i call it java techlogy is more powerful than php, php is develop and optimzed for just the web page area, but java is designed for some big complex secure applicaton/systems, doubtless php is much easier in the begining, but how's later if you application became big and big and you need to use distributed archtech of you system, you will find php can do nothing or it's a nightmare, but java is good, it can handle it easyly ,

ok one word, if you just wanna to develop small website withou complex application or logical procudure. ok php is your best choice, otherwise, fellow most portal websites' way use java with some framework like Spring, Struts and Hibernate etc...

It is depend on the problem you try to solveJSP offer complex and more secure technology, while PHP offers fast solution.If you need complex remote procedure call, you need JSP, but if you only need simple message and data delivery, PHP is for you

It mostly depends on the project itself. If it's a small one php will do just fine. But if you intend to build something big, evergrowing and with a lot of complexity and still you need to keep it neat and easy to maintain, I'll say go for JSP. But have in mind that it is far harder to find free JSP than PHP hosting. One more advantage...And here is the greatest advantage of developing in JSP....Whenever you reach a dead end in writing your J2EE app there is always someone that can help you out there on the numerous java forums.

Edited by everflame (see edit history)

It totally depends on what you are using it for, for normal everyday applications I think php will be better but if we are talking about enterprise level kind of applications were lots of security is involved I would think that the better option would be jsp. Php has more user support and you can find help almost anywhere though.