xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Drive-thru people who dont know how to order food

one thing that bugs me is when someone goes in and doesnt know how to order food...then you have to do twice the work to get it right....learn how to order...they do it all over and it drives me absolutly crazy...then theres the people who want to smoke in a non smoking facility like this guy today...never eats out...so he askes about all the sandwiches....and i do mean all...it was insane...but anyway thats my little venting i'll post later maybe...ttyl...

oh god, that happens with me all the time X_Xit's either they cannot hear what you are saying because the mic sucks, or they're forigen. And what sucks more is once you take it home and get the wrong stuff, you have to go all the way back and exchange for what you want. It sucks, I hate drive thru.

Yeah, I know the feeling... I wonder what will be next though, I just read that they introduced a whole new drive-in here in Holland, a supermarket drive-trough :ph34r: how weird does it get?

Yeah, I know the feeling... I wonder what will be next though, I just read that they introduced a whole new drive-in here in Holland, a supermarket drive-trough  :ph34r:  how weird does it get?

189892[/snapback]

haha a supermarket drivethrough! im sure that will be ver convencient when you need to get a million things. i hope they introduce it here sometime too. do you know what chain the plan to do it on?

Here I have the problem of not being able to understand the person taking the order because they don't speak English well AT ALL. I will ask questions about a new item (or one that is no longer on the menu but was my FAVORITE) and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Then someone with NO ACCENT gets on the line and finishes taking the order. It's just ridicules.I love the DRIVE THRU LIQUOR STORES. :ph34r: I mean really, if you are so wasted that you can't get OUT of your car to buy alcohol, should they really be selling it to you? Don't drink and drive my ***! I can't believe those things are even legal!

one tim we went to the drive through in the city(hartford) and my brother had to speek spanish just to order our food. For Gods sake if you're going to be a drive through teller person than atleast learn english. Isn't that a requirement to come to this county??

Drive thrus are really stupid unless you have absolutely no place to park anyway. I remember that once a couple of friends took a shopping cart from the nearby supermarket and went into the drive thru, the people serving were not too happy and decided to chase us out :ph34r:

I know that when me or whom ever I am with go to a drive thru we always come out of the line really angry. Either they get our orders wrong or they act as though we're doing them hardships by ordering. I believe that there is only one place that at least puts on a fake smile when taking our orders. Also that gets them right 9/10's of the time. Only because it's so expensive and they lose their jobs if they make even the tiniest mistake. Maybe it's the intercom? Maybe the bosses are real jerks (I've heard of ones places being one. Maybe our orders are too big? I mean when ordering for a family of 6... 4 of which are teens, that's like 14 meals there. Sometimes I could be ordering for just me... I could pay the right amount and get less then what I ordered. I have yet to complain to their employers, but I am sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way around here and someone has already beaten me to it.I don't know the reason why, I don't think it's because the people are spitful. I just think that their attitudes should change and maybe get the orders right MOST of the time.

It's a real pain for the people working too though. When there's a rush at like McDonalds, my friends have said they have to run like freaking crazy to get out orders to the cars - as the only time they have is from when the car travels from one window to another. Whilst the person taking the orders has to stand, isolated from everyone else to collect money and speak to the customers. It's not exactly pleasant for them either I suppose. I know that big orders are a pain, even not in drive through. Kid's orders are the worst as getting small items are harder than big ones (ugh Happy Meals). So when a family orders 5 Kids Meals + 2 Adult Meals or whatever, it isn't a good thing when you have to rush it into takeaway bags, with the customer angry and your manager angry.

Yeah, I know the feeling... I wonder what will be next though, I just read that they introduced a whole new drive-in here in Holland, a supermarket drive-trough  :)  how weird does it get?

189892[/snapback]

haha, super market drive thoughs XDD that would take a while, being in line and listing everything you need. There'd be a long, long line.

There should be more grocery shopping online, where people can deliver it to you in a few days fresh *nods*

eghhh . i hate that. !!!!! whenever i go to a drive thru thing they never get my order right and i speak english perfect and don't have an accenT!!! i think they do it on purpose..they'res a conspiracy!!!

...or maybe it's just the machine, and they can't clearly hear what you're saying. Even if you go inside the resturaunt and ask them what you want, it's annoying when theres a forgien person and you have to repeat to them a bunch of times what you want to eat. It can be at any low classed resturaunt xD

I'm guessing you work for a restaurant. Yeh I've heard stories of annoying customers. They're infamous. What about the other side? lol. The other side of the window and in the car. Sometimes I go up to the box and I can't hear a thing the person is saying. Either they're english is not clear enough and they still have that first language stuck or the machine is broken. lol. But yes I do agree some customers are crazy. They order something that's like from Burger King that's usually an item at McDonalds. lol.