xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rafazafar

Ps2 Emulator Bios and all

pls send me a bios of ps2

Ps2 Emulator

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

Hi... My name andro & I have a problem with pcsx2.Exe because the software can't run without the bios of ps2, can you send me a bios of ps2?

Thanks before...

Regards,

Andro

-question by andro

The BIOS for the Playstation Two should come from your own Playstation Two console. It is illegal to download a BIOS online (although you can probably simply google the right BIOS and its respective code) for use on a Playstation Two console.Also, unless you have an extremely powerful rig right now, you aren't very likely to run fully 3 Dimensional games at full FPS rate. If you have one that can run it at an extremely fast rate (at around 300%) you may as well do nuclear weapon simulations.

see guys , the thing with ps2 emulators r u need fast pc speed , a good graphic card and atleast a gb of ram , for those of you who want bios , let me tell you that it is illegal to download it.

however here is a shor tutorial on how to make one if you have a ps2

DUMPING YOUR BIOS THROUGH USB

Things you need:

* USB mass storage device
* DumpBios-USB.rar download link below
* CD-R
* Modded PS2 (Else, A way to load up homebrew apps)

Ok, let's start

Step 1: Extraction
Extract the DumpBios-USB.rar by using WinRAR
Then, you will get the file DumpBios-USB.iso

Step 2: Burning ISO to CD-R
Burn the ISO file that you get from step 1 to CD-R

Step 3: USB Mass Storage Device
Your Flash Drive should :

* Have atleast +8MB Storage Space
* Be Formatted into FAT/32
* Been allocated the Maximum Space Available. i.e, Have No partitions

Step 4: Dumping

* Insert the Burned CD-R from Step 02 to your PS2
* Insert the Flash Drive from Step 03
* Start Your PS2 (P.S Only a modded PS2 could load a CR-RW)

Now It should load up like the following Screen
On that screen press SELECT

On the Next Screen, The pointer should be pointed to Defaults, Just Press O.

Note: This is an Important Step, Scroll Down to mass:/ and Select O.

When You selected the mass:/ directory, it should go in to the device and should be able to be explored as in the following Screenshot. If you are not able to do so, you must check whether it has been formatted to FAT/32. If it is try changing the Flash Drive into the second USB hole.

Now press X and go back. Browse to cdfs:/. This is the Directory of the Inserted disc. Inside the CDFS Directory you should have, DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF. Select It and Press O

Once You Have pressed O. You would have come to the Second Screen But slightly different Which you would notice. The DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF would be selected in the Default Boot

Now Press up twice, or a lot more times down and at the OK function press O. Now you should come up with this screen

All you gotta do now is wait for 10 seconds and If you did it correctly Your Bios would be Dumped.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/18/52em.co.nr%5D.rar

good luck running your ps2 game on pc

i don't know if i can tell you where to get those bios.(don't know if it's illegal or not)you can increase the fps by your:computer specs,by configuration of the games--- meaning you must do the enable rendering and all that in one game because one game is unique to others. you can usually find it in other forums or guides.and even if you have the best specs around there are games that will have slowdowns and lag because only a sony personnel/member has the debugger that will 100% emulate the ps2. :) youll be lucky if you have this one.

My understanding with ps2/xbox/etc. emulators is that they require so much CPU and all to run that it's just not feasible on current PC's. Quad core may be able to handle it but you have to consider that *all* ps2's are exactly the same, whereas all pc's are not. That could be a huge issue in determining how effectively you can run the emulator on your pc. I would must rather just either get the games on PC instead or just play them on my PS2.

ABOUT BIOS PLZ!!!!

Ps2 Emulator

Hi,,, I'm completely oblivous about this kind of stuffs... I just got my ps2 emu (psx2) and I don't know how to use it... Can I run ps2 games by only using my PS2 and my cd-rom on computer???? and this "BIOS" where can I get it and how to use it... I hope someone will help out,,,, a lot of thanks in advance (sky form philipines)

-reply by sky0520

Oh, I would like to try with PS2 emulator, where can I get one? And then, what hardware should I need to run this? Will I need pad, or can I play with keyboard? What's the system requirements? And finally, does it run games from CDs?

There is no such ps2 emulator which runs ALL the games like the old ps1 emulators and the games which they are able to run get very low fps and are very slow. So ill say theres no use finding a ps2 emulator.

first go onto google and find a link to download a thing named "bit torrent" from Then once you have bit torrent installed go to google again and search "pcsx2 bio files torrent download" results should find a valid torrent for you.

Thats how I got mine. hope this helps

-reply by nerdgirl

All emulators start out this way. The demos are there just to show people how far the emulation engine has gotten and for the dev to try out new stuff. Also if the demos are form the original manufacturer it shows that they've got the emulator running on original software which in turn means that the project can be classified as a 'emulator'. I havent seen demos for PSX2 but i've followd the nes and snes emulaton scene for quite a while, they had demos for years before you could get to play your favorite game on the PC.As for the rom question you could probably use your dvd rom to read them, wich would be the only legal way to use the emulator if there is one.But the real question is what kind of PC would it take to emulate the 300Mz 128 bit risc procesror in PSX2 ? Some people claim 6.2 giga flops wich makes it at least twice as fast as a P4 at any frequency.

Well lets look at it like this, all emulators require a whole heap of processing power by the computer. Plus if any, all PSX 2 emulators are not truly complete. But I think if you have at least a 2.3 GHz Processor preferably a Duo Core and above and a Radeon HD 4850 equivalent and above, the emulator should be able to run the games around 40 fps - 50 fps. But just like all emulators for the big systems it really makes no sense to get them, better to just get a modded system as its less hassle and the system actually can handle the games requirement of processing.