xisto Community
baphometslayer

Hurricane Rita Help Me? need site timer to stop

I live in the area that Hurricane Rita is projected to hit right now, on the coast of Texas.My question is whether or not I can have my account AND website frozen, so that my time doesnt just run dry if my town or home gets destroyed, since i dont have a laptop.Thanks for any help that i can get.

I wish you well in getting through these times. Hopefully the Admin will be compassionate in your situation. If not, email or pm me and I'll send you some credits... I think I can do that?Anybody else willing to help?

Ok, thanks for offering the help, i wont be leaving until tomorrow, but they are supposed to bu cutting water and electricity tonight, so I'm going to check the board from time to time as a take breaks from boarding up windows and tieing down misc. things and such.Thank you!

where do you live i live near the coast too, in laredo, 25% it will hit where i live, it is predicted that it will hit houston, i have a uncle their and my bro has a friend their. im expecting something..

baphometslayer, thanks for the idea. I'm in Houston, and my credits are way low because I just upgraded my account. Plus, with the downtime recently I haven't been as good about posting.

It's not clear how long the power is going to be off either, so I don't know how many I should save up.

If you don't believe me, check out my (very much unfinished) blog

PM me if you can help out, thank you. Good luck to everybody in Rita's path!

I really feel sorry for you. Especially since Rita just became 165+ MPH winds today. AKA Category 5! The other sad part is that the hurricane is chasing all the survivors of Katrina. Im lucky though because I live in Florida and we have a cold front protecting us.

I'm sure Opa will help you out. If not, I can donate 10 or so credits to you. Keep you active for a week or two ><. I'm sure other members will be willing to help, and if you do, I'll make you a sig as thanks :ph34r:.

Don't worry about it, even Opa can't help ya out, you'll still get your hosting back.

To Transfer Credits;

Go to; Process

And click "Donate Credits" or something like that. Please, only donate to Hosted members. This is to help people out if they're running to low, not to help newbies get there 10 credits right away.

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

thanks everyone for all the ideas, and to everyone else in Rita's path, I wish everyone well and hope it misses you :'(They announced today its the 3rd Strongest Hurricane ever in the atlantic Basin, far strong that Hurricane Celia that hit Corpus Christi 30 years ago.At the moment the hurricane's straight path is pretty much headed straight where i live on, on Mustang Island, in Port Aransas, which is 30 minutes away from Corpus Christi, when hurricane celia ripped through it made a natural channel, and the only protection we have from the storm surge is the 10 foot SAND DUNES we have lined up on the beach, which are all natural, but the hurricane is already Cat 5.....and it isnt even halfway throrugh the gulf.If we are lucky....for those of us in Texas anyways....the high pressure system thats in Texas will move down and push the hurricane farther towards New Orleans.....sorry to say but it would save so much more trouble to hit that are since almost everyone is already gone and the damage has been done....but everyone can agree another coastal area down would skyrocket gas prices, since the Texas are of the gulf is the major Oil producer.Anyways, i still have tons of more boarding and securing in the area to do tomorrow, so im going to go off to sleep. Thanks guys.

good luck, baphometslayer, I hope you don't get it too bad. We're all sending good thoughts down that way.I am in the position to where we are far enough into texas that we'll get some bad weather, and the power might go off, but we don't have to evacuate.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. Fortunately for Houston and me the latest track has Rita moving more towards the east, and keeps us on the western edge of the storm:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Unfortunately this puts other folks more in danger. It's incredible how quickly my anxiety level changes as the projected track shifts just a few 10s of miles. I should be fine with my credits now. The admins would probably be understanding anyway so that's good to know.