xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jae-unit

My Camera's Messed Up

:ph34r: I was cleaning the LCD of my digital camera and it was with a slightly wet cloth. And now alot of the pixels are messed up. Is there a way to fix this?
Notice from KuBi:
Ohh, ouch, nice title. Very inapropriate, warning issued, fixed.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

well i would say go to a photoshop and ask it there. I think they will say you have put a new screen on it. I dont think you cant fix LCD pixels.

If the LCD is broken then I believe it can be replaced easily :Pbut if its because of some other circuit then I don't think its wise spending money on it. get a new camera.btw, you can go to the after sale service department and try to find out if its covered under warranty (i doubt it will be but still ) and how much would be the cost of a genuine repair for it.btw which camera was it ?and how much water did you pour (in ml) on your LCD ^_^

If the water went inside, it wouldve likely damaged the other circuits and as the poster above said, it would be time to buy a new camera. If the cameras new and still under warranty, I would suggest going to the dealer and asking how much it would cost for a genuine repair.

You should never clean cameras with a wet cloth! If the water went inside the lcd, that's probably why the pixels are messed up. You probably need to get it replaced, but you should probably call up the manufacturer or whoever you registered the warranty with for advice.