xisto Community
viperthepox

World Of Warcraft the best mmorpg ever?

Wow is an amazing game! It is actually the best payed for MMO in europe at the moment. Some others think Lineage 2 is but i seriosly think thats untrue! Hey if anyone wants to meet up on an english server - Bladefist, Alliance my name is Violicity :D buy this game now!

Okay well I have had this game for a long time. This game is incredible. You get to choose many different races like orcs, nightelves, human, undead, taurens, and others. You also get to choose your class, like warrior, shamen, mage, warlock, priest. Well the online play is incredible because, you can customize your character in many diffrent ways depending on what kind of character you have. Like what kind of armor you have, your character color, and what ever you are wearing. There is a mode in the game called "pvp", you can fight against other players when you are strong. There are two sides to this Horde, and Alliance, they are enemies of each other. If you kill a Horde or Alliance character dependin which side you are on, you get ranked.

Don't be silly. Once you choose a career your stuck with it. The constant grinding to reach higher levels must suck.Once you do reach higher levels its gets so boring you make a new char and start the whole damn process again.PVP is pointless as neither of you can loose.. Think about it, no loss of armour, weapons etc that you had at the time. What's the point if there's no risk to PVP. No risk = no thrill.There is only Horde and Alliance. So you can only be one or the other and once your in one of them you can't really kill anyone on your side. I.E. you can't form you own alliances or make your own enemies which you get to kill ingame. Your forced down those two paths.

Do not make redundant topics. Search the forum before making a new one. Refer to this http://forums.xisto.com/topic/27711-world-of-warcraft-the-best-mmorpg-ever/page-2#entry195228 or this http://forums.xisto.com/topic/27711-world-of-warcraft-the-best-mmorpg-ever/page-2#entry211576

This topic is closed and this will be the last caution note.

Well I just ignored all the threads I didnt had time to read them all and maybe it's mentioned in the upper posts already but I dont know to me WoW it looks like MMORPG not as RTS and I really dont like that game very much I dont know it seems kinda borring to me to travel for 2/3 hours and to gain only 1 level :) Im more addicted to RTS games where everything will be finished in 1/2 hours and end of the game, smth more like wc3 or aoe etc..Anyways I never played WoW and everyone is saying here in my town that till you dont sit and try the game you'll always think that it's borring ang stupid but I dont want to get infected it's like a plague here, for example one guy just waste 53 hours on the PC in the net cafe playing WoW all the time T_T!

Wow is an amazing game! It is actually the best payed for MMO in europe at the moment. Some others think Lineage 2 is but i seriosly think thats untrue! Hey if anyone wants to meet up on an english server - Bladefist, Alliance my name is Violicity  :( buy this game now!

216638[/snapback]

yeah WoW is an incredible game. I had to freeze my account so that I wouldn't waste so much of my time playing it. I think it's actually the the MMORPG with the most subscribers period. Even if the polygon count is kind of low, the style and the way the game is presented is just amazing. I used to play guild wars but once i beat it, it got boring really fast. I have a lvl 25 hunter in WoW btw, so i dunno if it would get boring once i reach 60 as well

Xenimus is also anoher excelent game. The graphics are not close to WoW but when you start playing you don't even care about graphics. By far one of the most addicting games i'v ever played.

Xenimus.com

its 5 bucks a month 14 day trial :(

195243[/snapback]

Xenimus is a peace of crap for 5 bucks... the graphics is awful, just horible :(

I really tried to play this game and like it. I heard so many good reviews about it and friends telling me it was really fun. But to me graphics do make up a lot of whether or not I like the game. And personally I really disliked this game. I came from playing FFXI and just couldn't get use to the game. Since I have gone back to playing FFXI and haven't stopped loving it. But I know that some will always enjoy the content that WoW has to offer.

I really tried to play this game and like it.  I heard so many good reviews about it and friends telling me it was really fun.  But to me graphics do make up a lot of whether or not I like the game.  And personally I really disliked this game.  I came from playing FFXI and just couldn't get use to the game.  Since I have gone back to playing FFXI and haven't stopped loving it.  But I know that some will always enjoy the content that WoW has to offer.

221939[/snapback]

Well if graphics are so important to you, maybe you might want to try playing Guild wars, because to me at least the graphics look a lot more like FFXI than WoW. WoW seems to have a more cartoonish and drawn type of style to it whereas both FFXI and Guild wars have a relatively realistic approach to its appearance. I also have guild wars and have seen FFXI, but I still personally like the WoW visuals the best out of the three.

I recently started playing WoW, but there are somethings I don't quite understand. What's actually the aim in the game ? I get quests from many camps, to kill some animals etc., and moreover killing a single level 1 beast takes so much time that I really get bugged up. Will the same thing continue in the whole game ?

And what about the other online players ? I don't see anyone (I'm sure there are players in the server I'm playing). When will and what will I be doing with the other online players?

I'm not criticizing the game, :( I just need some answers so that I will know what I'm doing in that game.

215395[/snapback]

Well like almost all MMORPGs there really isn't a MAIN goal to the game at all, just to level up explore and try to find things that you enjoy doing within the game. Killing a single level 1 beast should not take very much time at all, if you just started it shouldn't take more like i would like 10 to 15 seconds. Maybe you need to get a better weapon.

There should be other online players almost everywhere you go right now, especially within the towns. What server are you playing on? If it is a private server then that is something pretty different, which might also be the reason for you not being able to kill a level 1 beast very fast because the private servers can change how hard or easy it is to level up and usually they don't have very many people on their servers that are playing, especially compared to the official WoW servers. With other players you can also party together for areas that might be too hard for you to go alone at your level. You also trade items and things with other players either directly through trade or indirectly using the auction house in Orgrimmar (other cities have it now too... not sure exactly which ones assuming you are horde... don't go to Orgrimmar if you are alliance hehe). Also there's PvP either just dueling another player or there are matches you can play which have teams and such which remind me of FPS games such as capture the flag.

Overall it sounds like this is your first mmorpg, maybe you just need a little more time getting used to this style of game because this is definately one of the best out there. Otherwise this genre is just simply not for you.

You can chose from 8 totally different races and 9 totally different classes and incredible amount of skills not mentioning the variety of items. And the world is huge and it looks that there is no end of it (you can even dive into ocean I do not even imagine how deep and even find a crate down there). It is the GOD of all ever released MMO's, but I would love some more violence and more dynamic action in this game, more blood (of course with children protection), more speed, everything else is just perfect. Blizzard once again add a new page to the gaming history!

so i think allot of people on Xisto play world of warcraft right?well me too :(So can you tell what kind of characters you are?well...i'm a lvl 60 Mage on the server Al'Akir.That is on the europe version of WoW.what about you guys?