xisto Community
master34

Making A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp how would you do this?

Ok a have a question.. I searched google but i didn't find a lot of stuff. So here is my problem:I have DSL connection on my cousin's computer and i want the computer to auto connect on windows startup...I have copied the shortcut of my connection to startup folder but it doesent want to connect :D anyone knows some other tricks for this? :ph34r:

If you are using a router, you are in alot of luck. Routers have the feature of auto-connecting upon powerup. In addition. they can also be configured to re-initiate the connection immediately after a connection lost automatically.If you do not have a router, your ISP should have provide you with a software that allows you to connect to the internet. In that software, there should most probably be a feature where you can connect automatically like how MSN connects automatically upon a found internet connection.

If you are using PPPoE, and you probably are, I believe there is an auto-logon feature (this is if you don't have a router).

Under Windows XP:

1) Control Panel -> Network Connections

2) Find your connection. This is NOT your ethernet adapter.

3) Right click on the icon and select "Properties"

4) Uncheck "Prompt for name and password..." and Click OK

5) Create a shortcut in your startup folder. In your post you stated you already did this. Make sure you delete the old shortcut first.

The above instruction will only work if you are using XP's built-in client.

If your connected through a router, are you connected through your USB Port, or Ethernet?I believe you should have got software that will allow you to configure your Router to the correct settings, including password and username. This means though that anyone connecting to your router can use this internet connection unless you set it up right.

Replying to master34Right-click on the system tray icon when you are connected (usually it looks like two computers), select "Status" and than in the opened window click "Properties" and go to "Options" tab and DESELECT the "Prompt for name and password" and click OK.Now copy your internet connection shortcut to the start-up folder.-reply by oleg

If you are using PPPoE, and you probably are, I believe there is an auto-logon feature (this is if you don't have a router).

Under Windows XP:

5) Create a shortcut in your startup folder. In your post you stated you already did this. Make sure you delete the old shortcut first.

that was great buddy.........thanx

Under Windows XP:

If you find this method not working for you you can use a software known as cFOSBc. It can help you a lot....

For free trial download visit cFOSBC.com...........

Need any other help then please reply here only i will answere you.

In the windows Menu->Run,enter msconfig,then you will got a window.In the window,you select startup tab,within there,search the startup item,and find items which location is startup.Then check, whether your DSL connection shortcut item is within those items.If is,verify the checkbox is selected or not.If not,i think it's why DSL connection could auto connect on windows/s startup.you just select that item,so can make your wish come to be true.good luck

I have DSL connection on my cousin's computer and i want the computer to auto connect on windows startup.

Hi!

You'll have to save your username and password while connecting. The next step is to go to the connection properties (right-click, properties). You'll be on the General tab of the dialog box. Click on the Options tab, and un-check "Prompt for name and password, certificate etc.". Click on the Advanced tab, and check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" and "Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer on my network attempts to access the Internet".

See the attachments for screenshots.

Regards,
Nitin

post-81376-1241760042_thumb.jpg

post-81376-1241760058_thumb.jpg

Auto Start Internet Connection on startup under windows 7Making A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp

Under Windows 7

Step 1. Control panel >Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter settings then drag your connection to desktop.

Step 2. Start Menu > All Programs - then right click on Startup then Open All Users

Step 3. Drag the shortcut created in step 1 to this folder

Step 4.  Control panel >Network and Sharing Centre- then click on your connection which will open a connection status window - click properties - then click options - deselect Prompt for name and password,certificate etc.

Step 5. Restart your computer and see it working and then thank me.

-reply by eMon

SolutionMaking A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp

Hi Guys

I found a program byR2 studios called startup delayer.

It can seem tricky at first but all you do is add rasdial.Exe which is found in system32 directory.

Once you added rasdial.Exe from the system32 directory to the list hit edit and under extra where you can put in a string you put your details in. Please note you should use rasdial commands which I have found on microsoft. "dialup name" username password

so if you have a dial up connection called webafrica it would be "webafrica" username password.

Set the time for how long after the boot you want to have it start and there you go.

By the way this works for bridged mode dial up and not for router with dhcp that holds the connection

rasdial is the only one out of everything I looked up that workedMaking A DSL Connection Auto-Connect On StartUp

When working with commands, the only way it can work is if there are no spaces in any names or paths. Rename the connection with no spaces like:

rasdial.Exe Cricket

-reply by mike

that was great buddy.........thanx

But you have to click that short cut on your desktop. What i want to know is whenever my pc boots up (specially when there is a power cut) i need to connect to the web autometically. My pc boots autometically whenever it gets power but need to connect autometically as well. & there is to application provided by my ISP provider to tinker on. Any ideas?