xisto Community
jae-unit

Uses For Computers What do you guys use computers for?

I use mine for p2p (I live in Spain and it's still legal here if "sin animo de lucro" - without motive of profit. I also listen to NPR over the net, skype friends in the States, and browse. I also buy lots of stuff on eBay.com, eBay.es, eBay.fr, eBay.it, eBay.de... you get the idea. There's lots of cool stuff in Europe people! I also burn stuff to dvd (mostly episodes of star trek that I can't get here or don't feel like watching in Spanish). That's about it, other than wordprocessing, keeping financial accounts, paying bills, writing emails and im's, and photoshoping my vacation pics. Oh, and I post on Xisto.comForrest

I also live in Spain and use it for p2p (Soulseek and Azureus mostly but sometimes emule). I?m always listening music in the computer too. Sometimes I play games but it?s not very common (right now I?m very addicted with Civilization 4). Uhm... I send and receive lots of e-mails, post in a lot of forums and read a lot of news. :P And of course I use it to host and maintain my website here in Xisto and this means posting here too. :P

well there's really a lot of application I use my computer, they are,1. Browsing2. Work3. Video Editing4. Photo Editing5. Audio Players6. Movie Players7. Communications (VOIP, Emails, Chats, Forums)8. Work9. Website makingthere's still a lot

Actually i can't imagine anyone's life without a computer,it just makes most of things easier...- communication for example-everybody communicates and i too;-entertainment again is part of one's life and when it can't be real make it virtual:) ;-documentation then is piece a cake when you're connected to the internet;-one's job gets very easy when tasks are automated and you have the option to undo/redo and spellcheck and design to visualize before build and test aircrafts before actually investing money in production/prototypingI use my computer for almost every aspect of my life but i must say that i still prefer a walk in the open to playng a game or watching a movie so if my computer helps me get the job done easier and quicker that i use it.Watching movies or playing games is for some situations when there's no woman to hug or friends to hang out with or nice weather to enjoy natural(not virtual)environments.

I mainly use computers for my website... I love designing, so making graphics and similar things is what I spend most of my time on :P So, I am mostly designing and programming, sometimes chatting, sometimes I play games, and sometimes I am doing school work...

Ohh!!! If I were to list them all, I'd accumulate enough credits to last the year :PTo sum it up:-Games (Of course)-Programming-Web dev-Learning more on what I know--Programming, php, philosophy :P-Chatting (Communicate)-Earning egold!-Downloading-And Homework--Many things that I do... Probably many here do the same thing?

When I was still in school, I use computer to do homework and find referernce.

After that, I use the computer to play ICQ, MSN, PC games, online games, mini games, finding stuff for the work, learning new things.

Also, I use computer for my work as I am a programmer.

I have a computer for getiing news and playing games (since my ps2 broke ;) ) and mostly for talking to people that are close to me. What do you guys use yours for?

187213[/snapback]

I use my computer primarily to help de-weed the garden, and occasionally to make waffles. Less frequently, I might use it for DVDs and music, and even essay writing. But that's kind of rare. ;)

202145[/snapback]

Do you use any special software for your waffles?? ;)

I used my computer for Email, chat ( IRC or Yahoo Messenger), browsing and get information via mailing list.Sometime i use my pc for playing game. like Ragnarok, or the other online game. or for RPG game.I used my pc for doing some job. like made a small web

Computer has become my home entertainment, bussines, work and research center. I dont have a tv, I use tv tuner card. I use it for listening to FM/AM radio, but also use Internet radio stations. I use a lot of programs (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Notepad :D, Office, GrabIt...) for various tasks (mostly web desing and development).I watch movies on it. Ocasionally I chat and IM with friends (and people I dont even know in real). I read a lot. I've read wikipedia so far, now I'm on msn encarta :( and then howstuffworks and about.comWhen I need a good free hosting account I post on Xisto forum's. Since I go to college I do my asignments with it (writing documents, making presentations, reading, reading, designing...)When I have time I play games. Oh, yes, a lot of them. So far I played about 200-300 different titles (al the way to the end) and made a few of my own (text based unfortunately). I even started studying directx sdk (software development kit) for making games (part of it) but didnt have time. I hope to do it some day...That's some of the things I do. Can't remember more right now but I'm sure there are...:D

I use my computer to get news, because when i sign on MSN messenger i get all the news i need, same with AIM. Who needs TV when you have the net? I also get news when i sign on to my e mail for yahoo, because the Yahoo site has a current news thing. I also go on my computer to talk to my friends on AIM/MSN/YIM, but most of the time im not really talking to people, i'm just signed on. I also use my computer to make graphics, because i like to make graphics on photoshop it makes time go by faster and its fun.I don't play alot of games though occasionally i will. I like Spider Solitaire. I go online for school work as well. I watch DVDs on my computer and listen to music as well. I use it to look up pictures to make my graphics, mostly Jude Law and Jake Gyllenhaal, i know that sounds really lame. I'm not star struck, they just have a lot of photos and have the perfect faces to go in a graphic. But thats really all that i do on my computer.