xisto Community
jae-unit

Uses For Computers What do you guys use computers for?

The correct question is 'what DON'T I use a computer for'. I dual boot Mandrake 9.2 (old, yahyahyah, dialup users can't pick and choose) and WinXP on my x86 box, where I play games, wrangle with PHP, and do lots of graphics stuff - the usual stuff like wallpapers and digipainting with my WACOM, and also un-usual stuff like skinning for astonshell. Then there's my ancient iMac (OSX 10.3.8) which i use for internet, tp play music in my room, and to display stuff while i'm working on school stuff. Oh, and i use the mac for BBEdit.mmm, BBEdit. Nothing on win32 will ever touch it.Anyways, I spend my spare time (and a good chunk of the time i should be doing homework) plonked in front of my x86 box playing Firearms, playing with photoshop or hacking out a spot of PHP.

Lets see where to begin...On my computers i listen to music. Play games, Make webpages, Make graphic stuff (eg. sigs), Check email, Chat with friends, Edt music files i make, Record myself playing tuba, Post here and so on that type of stuff....Heres what computers are classified in my view...PC - GamingMac- Recording/editing/Graphic designUnix/Linux - Programingall work with each other but through my eyes thats what i see them doing lol...If you look on the market most games are for pc most of the high powered editing software is for Mac and unix and linux are widly used for companies that make programs...

I use my computer for just about everything on a daily basis. It's gotten so bad that If my internet connection was to ever go down i'd be so lost. I hardly watch the news so I get my news from online. I have my email client (mozilla thunderbird) set to download numerous rss feeds so I can read the news at my lesure. My firefox browser has an extension set to search just about everything you can possibly need. I dont even remem ber the last time I picked up the yellow pages. I just surf right on over to yellowpages.yahoo.com and look em up. I get directions from online. Anytime I drive any place I make sure I check out mapquest, or yahoo, or google. I do a lot more socializing online now. Between instant messengers and the numerous message boards I post on, i'd say I have a pretty vivid internet social life (lol. if there is such a thing). I also run my own business so I have multiple computers to maintain. I have a file server that I have to look after also. I used to hardly play games on the computer but lately I've been into the sims 2 heavily. I've also discovered emulators and went a little crazy with it. I'm having so much fun playing all the games I used to play as a kid and a teenager. Even when I go out to real places I do my research on those places on the net first to see what other people are saying about it. The Internet is life, and life is the internet. Dont let anyone tell you any different. LOL

Oh Waht a question it is ? !!I use computer A LOT..First of tell I let you knwo that I am a couputer student. From next year I am going to be a software Engineer. And I love internet, chatting, forum posting, mailing, making friends, surfing, many many many tihngs I am using computers :lol: Even I don't knwo in waht are the way I will use computers in future, one thing I can asy, the usage of computer will INCREASE in my life, ^_^

My computer is like a limb to me. XD If it dies, my life goes into chaos.I use it for homework, to type it up, and to do research for things. I even read books online because I have to carry a lot of stuff home and simply do not have the room for it.I have all my music on it, because I spend the most time here. It has all of my photos, documents, pretty much anything you can think of.It has Photoshop.I mainly talk to my friends through e-mail and AIM, because I dislike using the phone, and it's too slow to write. The computer is just so useful for everything.I'm not a HUGE gamer, because I'm unable to afford the fees to pay monthly, so I play free games online, but the games I do play I play for hours on end. I swear, those people hold the key to time control. o_O There is not such thing as 'a quick game'.

I use mine to:Browse stuffPlay gamesDesign 3D ModelsDraw (photoshop, zbrush, and 3d progs)Design websites, models, etc.Programming (php, java)Homework.Work.Chatting.Rendering, and other processor related things.

hey my machine is like a do it all, i hear music, watch movies, write letters, use photoshop, flash, browse the web, searh my favourite tv series, meet people, talk with people in other countries, find information for my tasks, ask for help in forums, it works like a dinning room also, it's the center of the house all turns arround it!

I use my computer for listening to music, playing games, surfing the web, Downloading stuff, To download pics from digital cam, watching dvd's, Posting in Xisto, and most everything else.

My computer is my.. second most valuable tool to me, you can guess my #1. I use my pc for things like;Surfing the webAnswering EmailsChatting with friendsListenting to musicPlaying GamesWatching moviesDownloading stuffBuying stuffWeb design

I use my computer for many things. (Actually, its the only thing I use :P )For playing gamesInternetProgrammingChattingLook on the forumsMusicVideo's/ moviesHomeworkMaking website(s)DownloadingAnd next year, I will study computer science :P .

I use my computer basically for everything. I use it for school work, and making slide shows for projects. I play games on it to keep me occupied (Americas Army). I talk to my friends on AIM and MSN Messenger. I use it for computer programming (duh) and web design. Computers are basically my life. lol

I use the computer for chatting, homework, organizing photographs, sharing photographs, scanning, email, downloading, browsing the internet, research, programming, designing, games, online shopping, writing documents, calculations, searching, reading, etc.