xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
baphometslayer

My Website Giving Me Troubles Forbidden?

My account was suspended about three days ago and I got my credits back up, and it told me that it would take a few hours to get it back up. So 3 or 4 days later its giving me this error----------------------------------------------------ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access / on this server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Port 80-----------------------------------------------------------I can still access the FTP and download and upload stuff, so i dont know what is wrong with it, and 2 days after trying to figure it out myself I've got to come here and ask for help.Anyone know whats wrong?

OK, how many credits do you have so far? That happened to me once. I just posted about over 7 credits, then I came back some time in the day, and it was back. If not, maybe there's a bug somewhere, and only the admins can fix it.

That's not a suspended type of error. Simply take off the slash at the end of your link and try it again. If you were trying to access your Cpanel, make sure you do yoursite.com/cpanel, and not Xisto.com/cpanel - that might fix things.

I'm not trying to access my Cpanel, although i havent even bothered to try to access it, and i just got over 9 credits today, been sitting at around 2 or 3 cause i have been busy all week, but ill try to access the cpanel and see what it gives me, otherwise im just going to wait and see what happens, thanks guys

yeah get ahold of the admin and let them know, they might have to reset the whole account just to fix the error but most likly its something simple that you did to cause the error.

hi,dont' worry about it. take it easy aha?yes.if you still can access your file via ftp or cpanel just bak up the important files to your local disk.that's sure if we got the error of the web server the first thing we should do is bak up i think.anyhow waiting for the problem solved.guangdian

If cPanel works, then this is what you need to do:

1. Go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2. Login3. Click on File Manager.
4. Now, click on the word www
5. On the right side, click on Change Permissions.
6. Make sure all 9 checks are checked.
7. Click Save.
8. Now, on the left side, click on the word public_html
9. Repeat steps 5 through 7

If that doesn't work, click on the folder icon of www. Then, click on index.htm, index.html, and/or index.php, and repeat steps 5 through 7.

Good luck and if you have any questions, PM me!

I had a similar problem yesterday and I changed the permissions of my public_html folder under the file manager to 777. I can't remember changing the permissions before I got suspended though. :P

thanks leiaah, your probably the single most person that helped the most, in fact your the only one who gave me a good solution. I never changed the permissions on this folder, so this problem needs to be adressed, at least an announment needs to be posted so that if other people run into this problem they dont flood the board or sHout box (I can't veiw the shout box anymore, haha)Anyways, im going to address this issue to an admin later so that any other problems like this can be settled in a timely manner without much cluttering of the board,Once again, thanks leiaah!