xisto Community
alive

Words Of Wisdom What Keeps You Going?

Actually.. I'd give you something with an opposite meaning..."Why are we dying to live when we're only living to die?" ...
Actually it could work for both meanings really..
But really.. Anyone who's perfected English can connect two things no matter what they are.

Good point... like the Government motto-> Hurry Up and Wait...

Things to Ponder....

Do You Ever Wonder?

1 . Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards: NAIVE *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
2. Isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3. OK.... so if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the "Jags" and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the "Bucs," what does that make the Tennessee Titans?

*~*~*~! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

4. If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that one enjoys it?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

6. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

7. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

8. If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~! *~*~*~*

9. Why do croutons come in airtight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

10. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racecar is not called a racist?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

11. Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

12 If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

13. If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

14. Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

15. What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

17. I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use? toothpicks?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

18. Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

19 If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

20. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

21. Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

22. If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As income tax time approaches, did you ever notice: When you put the two words "The" and "IRS" together it spells
"THEIRS!!!"

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
When copying from another source you must use quote tags.

For some reason... what keeps me going is just learning to appreciate what you have... so definitely, "you don't know what you've got until it's gone." :)

hey, those are great words to live by...

"Death Is Certain...Life is Not."

Edited by confessionalchrissite (see edit history)

The words that keep me going on are :1. The bad thing about good things is that they come to an end and the good thing about bad things is that they also come to an end.2. I may be going through a bad day at the moment but there would be millions others at the same moment who would give anything just to be in my situation and in my shoes(coz I am in a much better position than them) 3. And who could forget, "Miles to go before I sleep"

I personally think that one of the best things we can follow in life is that hard days will make you... By following this simple belief any hard times will only make you stronger, and you will not be afraid of entering them because you know that you will come out the other end a stronger person. I also believe that there should be no rule book to live by. Just because something should be, doesn't mean it will be. The way I see it is - the more you believe that something should be a certain way - the more likely you are to be dissapointed. Yes - bad things do happen to good people, but so do good things, and yes, good things do happen to bad people, but also so do bad things happen to bad people. My words of wisdom on life has got to be... live for the moment, because you just can't predict the future... Sean.

Some of my favorites have to be "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" or "Time may be the best teacher, but it kills all of it's students" or maybe"What happens if you get scared half to death... twice?"

what keeps me going is songs basically. I listen to songs and they kinda drive me.Movies come next after songs,.. Apart from that hanging out with friends like u,.. reading some inspirational stuff from books or the internet .. and similar activities i would say.

"I expect to pass through this world but once;

any good thing therefore that I can do, or any

kindness that I can show to any fellow-creature,

let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it,

for I shall not pass this way again."

- Stephen Grellet, 1773-1855 (French-born Quaker Minister)

What keeps me going?

Words Of Wisdom

IN MY OWN WORDS AND OPINIONS I�VE LISTED 6 MAIN REASONS WHICH KEEP ME GOING:

1. MY CURIOSITY - not knowing what might happen next creates a subtle fear of not wanting to miss out on life

2. MY CREATIVITY - being able to create a fun and optimistic perspective from a hopeless situation

3. LOVE - clich�, but definitely worth fighting for

4. INSTINCT - there is no stronger reaction towards life than an instinctive one

5. FRIENDS & FAMILY - because someone will always be there to tell you what you need to hear rather than what you want

6. UNIQUENESS - the opportunity given to express a way of life of your own

-reply by Nova