xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dbh

Favorite Instant Messenger Which one do you like best?

I am using Trillian Pro 3.0 which has video, audio, file transfer, and built in network messenger as well which is new to 3.0. Trillian 2.01 had the audio and web cam capabilities in it but this seems more advanced this time around. I haven't yet figured out the video capabilities yet as I haven't found anyone else who is using Trillian 3.0 lol and I have a problem with it connecting to ICQ but I can't complain Because I only use ICQ on a few occasions.

I would have to say AIM or MSN Messenegers for sure. They have the best features and you can easily set it up. I like AIM better than msn because all my friends use that, so i kind of have to use it.

I only use AIM just because I don't really like MSN all that much anymore. Plus I don't have a lot of friends who use it anyway. I guess I would dl the new version but that would be so useless since I don't even think I have an account on it anymore.

I would make rating by these order:AMSNGaimMSN MessengerAMSN has for me the best features that are needed for messaging, custom away status, good interface, and all gimicks regural user need. Gaim has nice TAB features, meaning you are able to chat we multiple persons in one wwindows using tabs. MSN for playing some online game and overall the best interface (graphicly looking).

I like using Aim. I'm starting to use msn. Yahoo is nice too because it has interactive themes that users can use. But sometimes Yahoo has problems and it logs me off for now friggin reason.

Gaim is to hard to use and doesn't have many featuresAIM takes too long to load and has that stupid news thingI just hate Yahoo so I won't get into that...Nobody that I know has MSN so I have no use for it.

I use ICQ becouse all of my friends use it, and LICQ as a program for ICQ protocol, alsow I like Gaim becouse of it?s manu features

From the begining i use ICQ i still use it...he has nice interface and options i required and it is easy for using...Couple months ago i start using jabber, because he is an integration of MSN, ICQ, AOL...in the same time ;)I will try Trillian 3.0 because i heard only good preferences about this messenger...of course, im using IRC too ;)

i have yahoo and msn..i have also used icq and aim..of all of them..i use msn the most because i have friends on that only..i like the looks of icq and yahoo!aim is just laggin behind .. mostly used by people in the us of a!

I like GAIM as a program, as it is open source and has many options.But mostly I only chat on msn, don't particularly like it over any other network, just that it is what all my friends use. I think that is usually pretty much the deciding factor for most people.

windows messenger... it just comes with any windows OS and it's widely available. Everyone using windows will have one and you can chat right away. No need to ask your friends to download from certain website and trouble installing it, wasting time and money. Furthermore, they may not know how to intall and configure all thses technical stuff.I hate installing too many softwares on the computer.

AIM with an add-on that logs, (I prefer DeadAIM) mostly because that's the messenger most people I know use. I'm trying AIMutation right now, and it's been crashing a bit, so I'm going to switch back soon. Besides that, I'm usually on Yahoo just because it has a good invisibility feature (AIM's a bit picky about that.) and so it'll give me mail alerts, as that's my main e-mail account right now. MSN's okay, I suppose. I don't know anyone on IRC, so I didn't keep it. And I've never gotten used to Trillian.

MSN is the rox :):D , but i also use IRC alot and back in the day, the startcraft days i would use ICQ (i seek you :rolleyes: ) and it was pretty good. I would always record my own messages and replace the default sounds so i got a kick out of it. Everytime i got a message instead of the defaulkt "uh-oh" it would be me saying "you got a message" all fast ahahaha :)