xisto Community
bluhapp

New 2 Coloured Layout tech style

It may just be me, but nothing on your website actaully lines up. I am using Opera and the image and news section are going straight over your left hand border. If the problem is just Opera then I would suggest making your sites totally complaint and testing them thoroughly. Anyway, your design looks quite good, I've never seen anything similar so well done for being original, just fix those problems and it'll be great, well done.

being a gfx guru here the only problem that i see is the lack of depth for your border worth with the bevel dtrop shadow and maybe add some color to it as well.but its ok for a start.

The red is really bright and I'm not sure if I like the iFrame there. It just seems kind of pointless when you can just extend the layout using a CSS background attribute. Also, the area is extremely narrow. If you're going to have actual content, it may help to move the text up, and put the links nearer to the top where they're easily visible.

well the whole layout looks good!I'll say that after a long time...I've seen something which is original and nice. But the only thing which I find as a negative in this layout is the scrollbars of the frame....what should have been done in this case is that instead of using Iframe you could have used the text box and should have placed the CSS for changing the scrollbar or you could have used the DIV scrollers..which are available on diff. websites...basically a javascript scroller.

being a gfx guru here

Why don't you big up yourself, mate? :P
One thing I'd say about the site is if you're going to have an order form, you really need to tell people what it is they're ordering.

Why don't you big up yourself, mate?  :P

One thing I'd say about the site is if you're going to have an order form, you really need to tell people what it is they're ordering.

184973[/snapback]

I agree. For all you know, they could be ordering donuts and monkeys from some tribe in Polynesia that just happened to find an internet-enabled laptop.

You know...that's not that far-fetched!

Also, Cerb, I'm using Firefox and I don't see this iFrame thing you're talking about. What annoys me is I don't know what the site's about, what I'm ordering, and the fact the layout's so tiny to begin with makes me sad. It's cute...but why so small?

well done, i like the layout it's simple and compact, also the colors, i think it is good and have a great potential, keep on working!

I personally think that you need something to tie everything together. It seems as if you just have several "floating blocks" that have no relation to each other. Otherwise your site's content looks like it is functional. Just spruce up the design some. If you're stuck on ideas, check out: http://www.cssbeauty.com/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Those two sites are great for showing off general, good, web standards-conforming sites that are also well-designed.Hope something helps and nothing really hurts, just trying to give constructive criticism!!

I like the crisp, clean nature of the site. Too many sites are terribly cluttered up so you can't find stuff.Can you spell anal-retentive???

There definitely seems to be a problem with the iframe alignment and the graphic border. I looked at the site with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Netscape, all of them showed things out of alignment. I like the simple concept of the layout, but with the alignment not working it looks a real mess.