xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rustypaulin

File Transfer? Is it possible?

What's Xisto - Web Hosting man? Is he an affiliate with Xisto forums. Because I'm almost sure that you won't get your site transffered to one of those servers, if they aren't affiliates of Xisto forums. I think it's possible to transfer all your files to another server, even if it isn't an affiliate. Just check if the ftp servers are fxp. I don't know very much about this subject, but I can tell you to download the latest version of FlashFXP, a small FTP client, that allows you to do such transfer between servers. But as I said you above, both servers should support this type of transfer.If you got this to work, then it's very easy to transfer the site. Now you may have a big mysql database, so just take a backup from the Cpanel of your domain or subdomain to transfer to your new hosting.I hope this reply helped you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give a reply.We are member of the same great community, Xisto forums, where members helps each-other.

Nelimitat, Xisto - Web Hosting is a paid hosting company ran by the same owner as Xisto.I'm sure you could get your files transferred easily, like nelimitrat said, you could use an FTP client.

I would like to get hosted at Xisto - Web Hosting but i dont want to lose everything i have hosted here, could someone please tell me if it is possible to get my files from here transferred over to Xisto - Web Hosting?

I've asked this question as well in relation to Xisto and it seems like you can't just transfer your hosting/account. You have to start again which is why I'm still here. Sure you can transfer your files using FTP, but from an account point of view, you're back to square one.

I think when rustypaulin said "Xisto - Web Hosting" I think rustypaulin meant the paid hosting.If this is true, you can have both accounts--Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting. Since Xisto - Web Hosting is paid and Xisto is free you can have both accounts. And as Tyssen said, transferring files are very easy; just upload them with your FTP program or use your cPanel. The services are identical except you don't have to post to keep your Xisto - Web Hosting--just pay.

so then if i buy a paid hosting account, i have to download ALL my files to my computer and the Upload them again O_O!??! can't u guys just upgrade the account or something ><? imagine the people who has 56k to download and upload their site all again =S

imagine the people who has 56k to download and upload their site all again =S

Unless you're hosting audio, video or hundreds of pix, the size of all the files on your site shouldn't really be that much.

so then if i buy a paid hosting account, i have to download ALL my files to my computer and the Upload them again O_O!??!

182487[/snapback]

I'm not saying this to tell you that you should do what I do... but I always have the exact files in my computer as well as in my hosting. This is 1) it's like having a backup 2) I can test out few pages before uploading. Practicing this method would have come very handy at your situation.

Unless you're hosting audio, video or hundreds of pix, the size of all the files on your site shouldn't really be that much.

Tyssen is absolutely correct. To upload 500kB of a web page (which is huge since the average sizes are 20~100kB) at 56k modem, at a worse scenario at 2.5kbps upload it will only take 1600 seconds or 27 minutes (because 1 byte = 8 bit). And if your total web pages are around that size, your entire website can be uploaded in less than 30 minutes. But if you have MySQL and other forum data, that's a different story.

Edit: my error in calculation.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Mmh transfering files from server to server shouldnt be so hard if you ask one of the admins, they can gzip the file, upload it to the other server and ungzip it. (Gzip'ing is like zip'ing, so you compress files and make 1 file out of them, wich you later on uncompress)

thanks for the informatio i havent bought hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting as you need to pay with a credit card, so i've got hosting elsewhere, one of my site will continue to be hosted here for a while but i'll soon have both hosted on paid hosting