xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Cutting Mp3 And Midi Files It it possible

Hi all,I have a cell phone that can play mp3 ringones and midi ringtones. I have much mp3's on my computer and also a few mdi's. Is there a way I can cut peices out of them, so i have short pieces for ringtones. Then i can send them to my cellphone and use.Thanx in advanceMoody

Yes you can cut pieces out of mp3 and midi files to use as ringtones if you have the required software.

I use a program called CoolEdit2000 to modify mp3 files. This program has now been bought by Adobe and is called Adobe Audition.

To modify midi files I use a program called Digital Orchestrator, now called Record Producer.

These programs will allow you to edit the files any way you like, but as to getting these files to your phone, that will depend on your phone I guess. I have no idea about that sorry.

Hope that helped. :)

That's a neat idea. I have lots of mp3 files on my machine, but I've wanted to find a way to edit them and put it into my mobile phone as well (perhaps once I upgrade my phone would help, too).

I have adobe audition. It's kind of neat. I made my own song and beat and it's soooo horrible..but it's funny, lol. Yeah there use to be this program I had..that MADE you cut your songs short as it was only the free version. I'm sorry but I don't remember the name btu I remember finding it on a site i found on google

CoolEdit 2000 is really old, but it can do its job. Anyway if you have a Motorola Phone it's very simple, because you only have to install the program provided with the CD that camed in the phone box. Its name is Mobile Phone Tools and you can learn very easy how to cut mp3s and do other stuff with pictures.If you don't have a Motorola Phone then you should grab a sound editor. I recommend you Sound Forge to cut mp3s at best quality, but since I'm sure you don't want to pay too much for a program and don't want to use warez programz :) I recommend you to search google for a free sound editor. There are plenty of them.I'm not very sure if this is true, but I think that Audacity is a very good one. Also Nero ships with a WAVE EDITOR, but I don't know if it can handle MP3s too.If you have any other questions don't hesitate to post them.We are here to help you out. We are members of the same great forum: Xisto :)Have a good day.

As mentioned by previous users, Adobe Audition is a dead simple program to use for chopping up songs. :) I have it and use it all the time. Though a whole new program, especially from Adobe, is probably not the answer you wanted. :) Though I can't think of anything cheaper to use. I don't encourage you to pirate it. :D

Its simple. These programs are all over the net. Find one and download. I cant remember what mine is called, but usually there are random ones that you can get with a 30 day trial, then uninstall and reinstall.If you have a wav editor and want to cut mp3, get a converter. Same as before, but convert the mp3 to a wav and you can easily edit with the editer.Simple :)

any audio editing software would do it . it just a case of knowing from where to where you want to cut and then you just go in to the software find the two times you are looking for and then set a start point and set the end point and save it to a new file !! and then you done just put on your phone and it is sorted !!

cut midi

Cutting Mp3 And Midi Files

I want a program that cuts midi ring tones without converting them into Wav or mp3, because my mobile does not support these formats.

So I'm looking for a program that cuts midi and the output is still midi.

Any suggestions?

-reply by lexy