xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Sotw #4 Voting VOTE FOR SOTW #4

OK HERE ARE THE ENTRIES FOR SOTW #4 VOTING ENDS TUESDAY SETEMBER 6TH, 2005

YOU MUST GIVE A REASON WHY YOU ARE VOTING FOR THIS PERSON OR YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT.

SAINT-MICHAEL

Posted Image

SNLILDUDE87

Posted Image

BLUE0016

Posted Image

MAYANK

Posted Image

FROZEN

Posted Image

SPRITE

Posted Image

1 point for SNLILDUDE87, cus i like the collors and the composition. The one of Saint-Michel is also very nice and comes on place 2. Of course they're all good, so keep going guys....

I like SPRITE's because it's cool :) .

well i thought i start off my first reply here, i seen quite of a few of these forums with this sig of the week contest, had some good looking designs hopefully i can show off my talents. since im trying to get a hosted account here.well i have to say their is some impressive stuff, not as good at other websites i have seen but just as good, so i will go down the list of the entriesSaint-Michael- well i see where you were going with the motion blur i seen quite a few of those, some good some bad, yours is ok, the color looks good with it, but the brushing and the font kind of noobish, could have been better.Snlildude87- gotta say not bad nice choice of colors, brushing even though its a nice et of colors could make the render stand out just a bit more since you made it the primary focus, the color looks good but to much of the render is cut off, im not to fond of the text choice though, to stretched out.Blue0016-well what strikes me the most is the lack of color cordination, you have dark colors, contrasting with light ones, and thats usually a rookie mistake from what i have seen here and other site you want to use the colors of the render as much as possible but use enough lighter area's to give it depth. i would have gone grunge with the render that you used, the abstract doesn't help much. the text even though unique, i would have work on it some more.Mayank-well the text pretty much ruined it, you use to many different font styles to make it effective, i see you tried less the often used pixel stretch, or by the looks of it you use the wind blast filter and then then tried to blur it out a bit, i wouldn't have done it like that. and the tech brushes being used on this doesn't help with this sig at all either. the render could have be used more effectively as well. brushing you need more work from the looks of it.Frozen-well i know you by reputation only and thats about it, but from what i have seen from your sigs, they are well thought out and well designed, especially this one. it looks like your trying to make the the render come out of the background, which is cool, the text looks good where its at but the only thing that nags me about it all the black space around it, some sigs i have seen people put something there to fill it up just a little bit with out ruining it, but still the rest of it makes up for it.Sprite-now for the last contestant, I see you where going for a grunge/a little bit of tech/and a little bit of abstract, which is good but the bright blue takes away from it though, it almost look like the blue is on top of everything, which makes it stand out to much and drawing away from the rest of the sig itself, the render looks grunge like which helps it out just a bit, but not enough, and those little lines that you use are good up to the point it hits the blue then it looks broken up (can't think of the word to discribe it).well those are my thoughts about the sigs but i would have to choose Saint-Michael for my vote.good luck with the other contestants.

S_M: Nice choice of text and position for the text. Colors are ok, but it could use some different ones. Nice choice of render. I, too, see where you were going with the motion blur, but it could have been better blended in. Like, not having it go too far in, more on the edges of the render.Nguyen/SnlilD: Nice choice of text and position. Nice choice of colors. Nice choice of render, although could have been better blended on the sides of the hair. Loving the style used. Good job.Blue0016: Ok choice in color. Nice choice of text, but that outer glow effect (?) makes the text seem blurry, which the background is pretty sharp. Nice choice in render, but the head of link is brighter than his body. Makes it a bit unbalanced.Mayank: Ok choice in renders. Nice choice in text, but "the gimp" and "mayank" is just a bit plain when compared to the "ryu" one. The squares, nice placement, but it could have been better used. For example, on the render that shows out more (the one on the right), you could have blended that render with like a motion blur, and inside the squares make it seem like there is no motion blur, get what i mean? Frozen: I know the "story" behind this one, about the render trying to break out and all, but those black sides just kills it for me. Would have been nice if grunge was used to make it seem like he's stuck inbetween 2 formations of rocks. Besides that, nice coloration.Sprite: Nice contrast. Nice style. Just, the text. Could have been more creatively blended with the screen. And it's a bit off in alignment with the screen. The bottom edge of the text matches the bottom edge of the screen, but the top edge doesnt align with the top edge of the screen.Overall, ima go with SnlilDude.

No one sees the awesome design by BLUE0016? Am I the only one? :) I hope not.I like Blue0016's design because it reminds me one of boxes from comic strips. The action is alive. I mean even though it's a still picture, you can imagine that it's about to move to strike. The color choices were perfect too. By picking opposite colors to work with each other, the render is far stands out from the background. Yet, the render and the background blend in quite nicely. The border is missing (I think) but it works for this signature.My vote is for Blue0016. Go get 'em!

does mine not count then? Well I like sprites sig because the contrast of it is really good and the colors have kind of come out bold and really nice. And I like the line things on it. And I like how the text looks kind of like it's on the object..instead of just planted on like WHAM ... anyways I don't really nkow what's in the picture but oh well.. it's cool4 sprite

Hard to keep up with the whole ACTUAL vote.. Mine goes to 'The Saint' because I like the render, reminds me of The Matrix, when Trintity falls out the window and shoots up at the agents (If you haven't seen the movie, then this is pointless) but I like the blending, takes a while to get used to though. I honestly can't see how you can't LOVE this sig :)Saint_Michael = +1Current Vote -SAINT-MICHAEL [2]SNLILDUDE87 [2]BLUE0016 [1]MAYANK [1]FROZEN [0]SPRITE [1]Nothing personal Becca, but I'ma only count your vote once.. k? :)- Panda

I'm giving my vote to Blue0016. Rather than concentrating on the technical aspects of the sig, I've gone for the composition of the sig and this one tells me a story with a simple image. I like the dramatic look, an elf on the hunt in a light dappled forest. The look on his face suggests he is very close to his prey and about to strike.

I like the Saint_Michael's Sig. My Vote goes to him only.The reason I like his sig is that it has a nice flow...the color is nice and the render is blended properly. The Background is also very detailed.

heh well i joined a bit late :) i wouldnt mind joining this sotw, ill join the next one :)Saint Micheal GMV, its hard to choose really, as only Frozen - Sprites - Saint Micheals sigs are good quality, not that ive seen enough from each member to judge them.Saint Micheal - Awsome sig, although you should of put some multi color into your sig and maybe a little bit of tech, the green kinda gives it flow.Frozen - I would of voted you if you brushed most of the black, the sig looks a bit plain but the render placement was awsome.Sprite - You put good depth in the grunge, a bit of everything really, its an awsome sig but i think the text put you down.