xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DYABLO

Question: Windows Media Player Sound keeps going

When i turn it on to hear some musics eveything is good but when i press "X" to close it the music keeps playing even tho there is no windows media player tab or anthing. How can i fix this thanks

That sounds like an awful strange bug right there.Hmm, check your task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and see if that program could still be running?If the program is not running and music is still playing.....Hmm... Lets try this: Start Windows Media Player again... now hit the stop button or try playing another sound or something then hitting the stop button?Else: Try logging off and on your user?Else: Contact microsoft and tell them that the media player crapped out on you. ;)Thats all I can really think of. Hope this helps.

That happens to me sometimes, but the sound stops after 10s. I don't think there is anyway to fix this. Try another player such as winamp, it doesn't do that and uses up less of the system resources...

hmmm ... i also encounter this problem ... but this is quite rare ... the reason for me is that my computer's memory is too low ... and after i close my windows media player .... the program doesnt shut down instantly ... so it will still have some music playing after closing ... it will close down and the music will be off in no time ... so i think there's no way to help it ... other than upgrading your computer with a better memory ;)

ashiezai nailed it to the floor!I had the exact same problem. But it didn't happen from the beginning. As I gradually started to store more stuff in my hard drive that I noticed this phenomenon. It's the combination of your available disc space (because sometimes Windows will use your disc space for some virtual memory) and available RAM. The problem of Windows player acting bit sluggish increased as I queued more songs to be played. So I made sure I had at least 20% of my total hard drive to be free, I have upgraded my computer from 256MB to 512MB and I queue no more than 1 hour?s worth and I am just fine these days. I'm sure my situation might be different from others but give that a go.

It may be happening because of Low memory! and because Windows Media Player is such a great program that what it is doing here is that it is putting the song in the buffer and then is playing it....because of which when you close the WMP...it continues to play it.There can be a possibility that it is happing because of corrupt WMP.In order to resolve this issue what you can try following steps.1. Try Uninstalling and Re-installing the WMP, Upgrading it can be much better.2. If you feel your computer is running slow, then remove some startup items and scan your computer for spywares and viruses. You can remove startup items by using MSCONFIG.3. Try to uninstall and re-install the sound drivers as well.These are some of the things which can help you in fixing up the problem and if at any point of time you need some assistance..feel free to contact me. ;)

mayank is the MAN! As usual.Got it right, the buffer it keeps is stored on your RAM/Virtual Memory, and kept there until the process offically ends. ( I reverse-engineered (or attempted to) WMP 8.0 a few months ago to create my own media player, didn't go over so well)Storing the current playlist/song clips in the ram is very intensive, and keeps playing until the process of WMP is completely shut-down, which happens essentially 10-20s after you push the 'X' button, and it's shut down.However minor a problem this is, why use WMP anyway? Winamp looks cooler :)Mr. Panda

well problem solved but yeah this happen to me sometimes i just never really gave it a second thought.

When i turn it on to hear some musics eveything is good but when i press "X" to close it the music keeps playing even tho there is no windows media player tab or anthing. How can i fix this thanks

181246[/snapback]

Is there any size limit for media files?????

Bye

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Removed repetitive phrases (4) and the 4 unnecessary :) smilies. Locking thread.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I close wmp and the music still plays?

Question: Windows Media Player

Ok not quite so, I have a new experience. My system has heaps of ram etc. I guarantee that the problem doesnt lie there! There is definitely something wrong with wmp 11 that I am running and it happened all of a sudden, ill explain what happened chronologically for you to get a better understanding of what happened for me ok.

I have lots of music on my computer, windows medial player plays it all normally, I minimize the program and it goes to its little bs player mode in the bottom bar, and I can maximize it again no problems. Also I can click the X button and it shuts down completely, no problems whatsoever, its all going smoothly. Then my brother gets me a little Mp3 player for my b'day (basically a memory stick w/ some extra bs attached to make it a Mp3 Player/Walkman thing) and this has its own software on it which doesnt actually go onto my hard drive at all, it just automatically uploads all music files from a folder of your choice on your hard drive when you plug it in. OK, so I let my Mp3 player do that (its a 1Gb sony walkman if you were interested, a brand new thing) then take out my Mp3 player the way you should, remove hardware etc. All is well on my Mp3 player but now my windows media player is not working quite properly.

I noticed that when I added songs to the Mp3 player, the windows media player which was playing in the background at the time playing songs that werent being transferred, has recognized the songs on the Mp3 player and tried to add it as an extra device showing songs for its library? or some such bs like that. I don't use the library thing in windows media player, I just use it to listen to songs. Anyways windows media player works fine in every respect except for when I close the program pressing the X button, Now it keeps playing music, the whole playlist that was there before actually and also it keeps same options going. Loops through the tracks after it plays the last track etc. Its like as if the player is just minimized but cannot be found anywhere else. I went to task manager, no windows media player going. I closed all other programs going just in case soemthing else was influencing it but no, still damn music! so then I thought to myself, I wonder if its in the icon tray, looked there and found nothing! Grrr... So then I thought id try and reopen windows media player and see if it resets itself, opened it up and well what do you know, it just opens up and keeps on playing without even a hiccup~! what the? only way I can stop my music now is to physically press the damned stop button.

Work your genius on this one please and reply, this has me a little bit stumped. Things to note...

1. The player does not do this because of ram issues, I have 2Gb of it!

2. The player started acting up suddenly after I pulled music from the hard drive to my Mp3 Player, it didnt show symptoms of playing up gradually.

3. The player itself is up to date with updates etc.

4. The Mp3 Player itself did not add a single file or program to my hard drive, as for the windows media player itself I don't know.

Cheers for your helpful replies in advance

I3lood

-reply by I3lood

well. I think it is a plugin that you have installed. I was having that problem and I googled it and stumbled here. I also have tons of memory in my laptop. 4gb. I closed wmp and music continued to play. I checked my task manager and found that windows media player was still running. So I stopped the process and the music stopped. I tried playing another mp3 file and I received a message bar which basically stated that a plug-in caused it to shut down improperly and wmp was going to start without any active plug-ins. When I closed wmp, the music stopped. So I guess we may have the same plug-ins installed, I have "lyrics plug-in" and a "blue tooth headset plug-in". I'm not sure which plug-in could be causing it.  

I have the same problem.  Mine also has nothing to do with memory.  Here is what I noticed:

From any folder that contains mp3s, I double click the mp3 and it opens in WMP, starts playing

I click the X to close, or right click on the taskbar and select close.  The program closes, but the music continues to play, and will continue until the file is played all the way through (I.E. It doesn't turn off after a few secs)

With WMP closed, file still plays, and I can still control file with the volume and play/stop quick keys on my keyboard.

The most curious part: when I go back into the start menu, and I reopen WMP, it opens with the file active, the song playing, and the progress of the song showing right where it would be (if I'm 1 minute into the song, it opens showing 1 minute progressed, just where it should be, instead of opening new)  It is as if instead of closing and reopening WMP, I had just minimized it and the maximized again. 

Unlike others who have posted here, I am not low on memory, do not have an mp3 player connected, am not playing from the library (I'm selecting the file through windows explorer), and I do not have multiple songs in queue (I'm selecting one at a time).  It just seems to be a WMP11 quirk!

-reply by dagh

it usually happen because program work behind the screen

try this :

press (ctrl + alt +del)>> tab (Processes) >> select (wmplayer.Exe) >> click (EndProcess) 

hope it will help

-reply by solvation

wmp 11 not recognizing sd memory cardQuestion: Windows Media Player

I had wmp 10 and loaded song files to my mp3 player--- bumped it at work and all the files on card were deleted ...Now my wmp updated to 11 version and will not even recognize my card anymore--Have also tried a new card--but nothing

Please help?

-question by marcia

You described it exactly like I see it. I am unable to get the music to stop even by going to Task Manager because WMP is not there but the music is playing away. Very frustrating. I have tons of RAM, tons of free hard drive space. And unless WMP updated automatically this problem just started happening recently with no new version of the software. IOW I have been using v.11 for a while but the problem just started happening recently. 

-reply by Guest2