xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DYABLO

Question: Windows Media Player Sound keeps going

With the problem of the music keeps playingQuestion: Windows Media Player

I have had a similar problem with this but in my case what I had was a firefox addon (foxytune) which I believe just hid wmp in the background when closed so I could still pause it on firefox browser but I couldn't stop music when closing wmp unless I pressed the stop button.

I duno how useful this will be but its just concern to if you have another program that overrides when you go to close wmp.

-reply by John

Same problem; Kill it in "Processes" on the task manager.

WMP will occasionally forget to close when you tell it to.  It's just what's being described; The player continues to play as if it's just minimized, but it's nowhere to be found on taskbar, in icon tray, or even in "Programs" on task manager.  Mine has been "Running" for days.  It will continue running as if it was open.  If you're on random, it'll run indefinately.  In my case I was watching a movie.  It will not shut off after 10 or 20 seconds or hours.  However, I stumbled upon this board and killed it in the "Processes" tab, and for now it' back to normal, shutting off immediately when closed.  We shall see how long it continues, I've never had the problem before so I have to assume it's a once in a blue moon thing.

Good luck!

-reply by Steve