xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

How Do I Create Programs?

how do i create programs like, a browser, or a sible program that is a calcualor ect. how do i make toolbars and things like that?-Microsoft

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Lack of content and missing topic description. Warning!
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

well their are several hundred programs to do that but the most popular is C++ since its practically standard in most programming.

It's not like a magic wand that gives it to you in a flick you know. You need to learn programming. There are many programming languages you can learn. C++, C, Basic, Visual Basic (I've learned Visual Basic when I was 9.) , etc. Basically, you need to learn a code that will execute a certain command or give out variables needed to execute a command in your program. I assume you know HTML. It's something similar, but it's much more complicated. Learning how to program can never happen in a day. You should try reading books about it or taking a formal class. I actually found it funny that you were asking how to create programs... ;) Well, if you want to create those simple programs in a graphically heavy environment, I think Visual Basic will be a nice starter for you. To learn it, read books, tutorials and even formal classes if you're serious about this. Just remember that you have to practice programming a lot until you get used to it and remember the codes by heart.

Yea, i get told that alot of times about not learing in one day anyways i dont really need to be told its kinda of common sense for me :/. Lets says i finished the coding what do i do with it so it could work? and do you have and recommended sites? I was asking cause i saw this programs that a person personally made and putted them in his site for downloads I was just curious and maybe try it out you know, challenging and fun. Thank You.-Microsoft

i dont really need to be told its kinda of common sense for me :/

*points at topic name and your first post* Well, you could've at least asked, "What codes must be used?" or "Do you know of an easy way to do <program>?" Your post doesn't make it sound like you know. (No offence, but please make your posts clearer OK?) ;)

Lets says i finished the coding what do i do with it so it could work?

Debug your program, just in case it has bugs so it'll work smoothly. Most compilers have this.
And no, I don't have recommended sites. (I've never looked for any tutorials sites) I usually read those books, and they have all I need. I took classes, but not for programming, just for HTML. But still, if you're serious and dedicated about this, don't just rely on online tutorials, OK?

Anyway, I hope your programming hobby might bring you to nice places and don't forget to have fun! If you don't have fun, you'll lose your focus and your interest.

Notice from wassie:
Edited as requested

Edited by wassie (see edit history)

You need to understand that learning a programming language is something people go to courses for years to do. To learn it properly by yourself you will need to invest in many books and spend a lot of time practising, possibly years. Common sense is not something that is easily applied to programming until you fully understand the structure of the language.While I wish you well in your endeavour, I suspect you will struggle with the commitment required, no offence intended. Be prepared to spend a lot of time making a lot of mistakes and learning from them.Good luck! ;)

Well I would just like to fill you in on one of the best programming launguages i've ever used. its called Ruby, and is used and made for the popular game maker Rpg Maker XP. But just when I thought that it could only be used in Rpg Maker XP I found out I was wrong. See RGSS(Ruby-Game-Scriptinh-System) is in Rpg Maker XP but you can use normal Ruby to develop programs. Its increadably easy to use compared to C++ and can be used to make high end or low end programs. To find out more about it search for Ruby, SciLexer. Or ask me and I might host the program on my site. Also looking for Rpg Maker XP is a good way to learn to script.

if you want to make stuff like...browsers, C++ and non-scripting languages are for you. anything you "double-click" (in windows i guess unless you are in cmd) to run is a program. python is a calculator by itself if you want to just use it for that purpose. any language learned well can be used for lots of things.

for me visual basic was the easiest to pickup.to see if it suits you , use the vba version of visual basic in excel.this will let you add buttons , text boxes , etc to spreadsheets.it will give you a little insight into using visual basic commands.

I originally started working with Visual Basic 6, but then moved on to working with Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition (a .Net version, part of the Visual Studio 2005 family). This tool, according to Microsoft, makes it easy for hobbyists and entusiasts to join the programming bandwagon. With Windows Forms, making a browser is incrediblaly easy; and a calculator is easy in VB6 too.

Hi guys, I'm new into programming, currently trying to give my Networking career a break. Could someone tell me, C# or XML I want something that can keep me clued to my PC for many months to come.I'm already enjoying VB.NET and Visual Studio.Net, confused which one to take between C# or XML,tryed C++, Java, I just do not get it.-Tums

build small program

How Do I Create Programs?

I like very much to work with computer and I have curiosity how create small program

-endri