xisto Community
DjLuki

The Mayan Predictions end of life cycle

my gosh. i see so many lies in this thread and the theories are spreading like wild fire. and even those most of the theories and predictions are coming from western civilization(just like the y2k bug), mayans are getting the credit. the ONLY fact is, is that the mayan calender will be reset to 0. they never phrophisized about any meaning behind it as time and the calender will continue on after it reaches 0. i think there is some discrepency in interpreting the calander as well, but the two dates where the mayan calender resets to 0 according to the experts is december 21st or the 23rd in the year 2012.what is strange though is that other older tribal cultures think that something will happen in the year 2012. from what i am getting from what i have researched first hand is that there are many theories, predictions and ideas, but the main one is that the physical world will meet with the spiritual world. this didn't come from the mayans however as the mayans never predicted anything to do with the year 2012.so seeing as this is the strongest consensus by others that the physical world will meet with the spiritual one, one can draw many conclusions. is it the end of the world? is it the end of the world as we know it? a new beginning to life where there has to be death in order for there to be life? to fully understand this prediction is to first understand fully the physical world and to fully understand the spiritual world. some say it has to do with the 13 crystal skulls.i have my own theory. my own theory is that people will continue on the way life has been leading them in the year 2012 and many years to follow. i think over time, we will find more answers and more truths and that 2012 is going to have it's own uniqueness just like any other year. but it wont be the end of the world and it wont be a year where it's the end of the world as we "know" it to be.you know, the mayans created their calender. it started with 0's. it will start again with 0's. life will go on just like it did when it started with 0's when they created it. again, the theories, predictions, and ideas are NOT COMING FROM THE MAYANS. people have looked at their calender, wondered why it is ending, and have come up with many irrational explainations that have NOTHING to do with the mayan calendar or their culture!whoever first started posting about all the b.s. is probably sitting in a chair and laughing at all the foolish people....and laughing even harder at the follish people who continue to predict or create other irrational ideas in what is going to happen late 2012.instead of feeding in to all the b.s. floating around, why don't some of you pick up a book or do your own research on the subject. i am sure it will ease your mind if you really felt the need to feed in to the b.s. that the world is coming to and end.

Actually, I heard this news when my teacher told this information to me. No one knows, the fact I know is, being prepared of what may happen. Even though you don't believe, is the thing one should do. Just be prepared, nothing is wrong about it.

anyways, the "magnetic field theory" may happen. In 2012, they said, the earth will align in a straight line.This may cause a strong magnetic and gravitational force to attract one pole of the earth to the east direction (because of the massive jupiter, saturn, uranus, and neptune) and the other pole to the west direction (such as the sun). If in case, even an asteroid/meteoroidwill hit the earth in either east or west direction, this may cause the planet earth to tilt 180 degrees or more, moving its either poles to the sun forever and the other in the darkness forever, thus, rotating the earth not east to west but, north to south (like what had happened onn planet uranus).

"Rotation

Uranus is the only planet in our Solar System to spin on its side. The axisOf rotation tilt is 98 degrees. The severe tilt to its rotational axis may haveResulted from a great collision long ago." (http://www.aerospaceguide.net/planeturanus.Html)

ok i found this very interesting and scary, we are learning about the Mayans in my history class and according to them, this life cycle is going to end in december 23, 2012. The only reason why its scary is because withuot any technology, those people wre only 30 or 50 seconds behind at time,dates etc.. and they were not even as advanced as we are now, so should we really believe that? it's kinda scary but also very interesting. what do you think? is it gonna happen? another fact is that they counted dates and times by stars , and everything that had to do with nature..

It's hard to tell if they were right, since we're not sure how they measured this. However, I have heard that there will be some celestial collision around this date, and that bothers me. It doesn't absolutely mean the world will end, but then how do we know what will happen when these "things" collide?

How about we come back January 2013 and discuss it, if we're still alive? :)

It's hard to tell if they were right, since we're not sure how they measured this. However, I have heard that there will be some celestial collision around this date, and that bothers me. It doesn't absolutely mean the world will end, but then how do we know what will happen when these "things" collide?
How about we come back January 2013 and discuss it, if we're still alive? :)

Haha, this reminds me of the facebook group that I have joined a few months ago: "On 1/1/2013, I will watch 2012 and laugh." The world is not really going to end in 2012. It is just a prediction made thousands of years ago. Indeed, the Mayan calendar ends December 21, 2012. This is just like how the calendars on your wall end on December 31. I bet that the Mayans ended the calendar on December 21, 2012 because a Winter Solstice takes place and it marks the completion of a "great cycle" of thirteen b'ak'tuns (periods of 144,000 days each).  Again, this is probably another Y2K or the 6/6/06 incident when everyone was freaking out.

Don no what to say to you man , since u believe the mayan no a date and might now about the end of the world i gess u should go back nd read about ur reiligon if ur christian or muslim.. Cose both books didnt mention a date of when life will end ... Only God Knows ...Not the technology and not sum dumb *bottom* Mayans