xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x32fzw

More X32fzw Sigs! Id like any comments, advice or help

I have some more things to showof and get some feedback for.

Im kinda on a Popout craze lately.

(Some background: Iv been using Photoshop since May2005)

Shame MS I.E dosnt support PNG transparency but iv tried my best with GIF to get it to do what i want:

1. Gundam Sig - This took a while and was my first experiment.

Posted Image

2. Purple Faith - More of a design than a normal popout.

Posted Image

3. This dosnt have a name, it was a 20 min experiment to test some of photoshops "Save For Web" functions.

Posted Image

4. Live To Die - This is my most recent one. I was messing around with design ideas. I kinda like this sig without the render... maybe the BG is to corporate? Meh.

Posted Image

Thats all for now. Hope to get some interesting feedback or if you really cant be assed just say which ones your favourite. :P

;)

wow those are really cool. i cant really decide which is my fav their all really great. 1. Gundam Sig -- Looks really cool. i think this is the most coming out of the sig box/ 3d type of thing from these. 2. Purple Faith -- I really love that effect is so awomse! i could never have gotten that idea and much less made it but thumbs up! 3. The Untitled one -- Also awsome effect. i love how the sig box also goes out to the right and kinda like lots of bullets shooting. the blood is also awsome. 4. Live to die -- Difinately the most hottest one. and really nice sig box and this only has one negative thing i would say about it is that it looks a bit stupid how the face is cut off a bit and a bit of the shoulder too. all in all i have to say your awsome dude and i love you work.

well its good we are getting some fresh faces around here, but time to destroy rookie mistakes.Sig 1: good lookingn tech background, nice choice of colors, but since you made your render the focus of your sig, it is a terrible job, never save it as a gif file cuz it will ruin the sigs completely look at all the choppy parts to it, save it as a png file from now on regaurdless if you have IE or not, not everyone is using ie here so just save it as a png.6/10Sig 2: the color looks good, the background could be better though, again save it as a png, and use the blur tool to smooth of the rough edges, but i think saving it as a gif, chopped it up.6/10Sig 3: i see where you where going with this one a big suggestion would be to use the mostion blur to get rid of the block looking wind blasts, background could be better.4.5/10Sig 4: yeah the sig itself is good enough the best one of the group the render ruins it due to the fact that its cut off at the end, so just get rid of the render altogether.7/10good job just need some more work, again save it as a png file when you do pop ups, and start getting away from pop ups as well.

Thanks for your comments!To answer some of them though, like with the "Live To Die" sig - its supposed to be Right aligned in a sig so that she is aganst the edge.The "unnamed" one has no wind filter, i just used to marquee tool to cut away at it so i didnt get dodgy Gif pixels.I would use PNG, but this is not the only forum i show my work on and unfortunatly my current main Forum most of the users are on I.E. Iv tried my best to get the most out of GIF and i know it can be obvious sometimes the effects of that format. Its a shame really.GIF has to have a defined edge, if not then the format will start trying to "Dither" pixels so it looks blurred but just comes out crap. Hence why square cutouts look really sharp. PNG i know is better, and i know what kind of new things i could do with alpha channels etc... but its a shame cus iv seen people complain with things like "Looks crap cus of its big white background" and my response of "Get Firefox you IE idiot. :|"Anyhow, thanks for all your responses! I will take it all onboard next time i make another popout. :o;)

well that just stupidity, when people who know nothing about graphics and doing them so that understandable.i see where you where going with the learning up against wall, but you notice that it looks like she cut off, thats why i referring to that, if the should was completed then it would be fine, believe me people will rip something like that apart and then every post will make that the primary focus, just some stuff to be aware of.

Good use of popups overall... maybe you just need to play with matte settings to fix up the edges. I know I've seen some good .gif transperancies before, so it's not impossible.Love the Gundam Meteor one though... nice use of the render - I think your tech sigs work best.

1. Looking nice, good effects, but its strange that in some kind of way the render doesn't fit into the signature. 7/102. nice idea! to bad its a bit pixelarate. 7/103. Bit dark, and you olmost cant see the text. 6/104. Design of this one is really good, to bad the render is just cut out a bit of the signature. 7,5/10

I have another sig to show.

Yes it is big but it fits under the forum rules where i use it (600x400).

I know GIF makes some bits look dodgy but the only difference i can see is in the White gradient.

Gif:

Posted Image

PNG (Which is sooo much better):

Posted Image

Comments and help??

Unless you have something useful to say dont bother!

;)

i would definately agree that the png looks much better. on the last one, it looks a little weird how the render is cut off along the right edge. i see that it is lined up with the render but just a straight line looks a bit out of place to me.