xisto Community
snlildude87

Site Content Ripper Ripper = doranp20

Okay, I did not know how much finding your content on someone else's site sucks until now. Thanks to my ConnectMe program (see my signature), I found out that doranp20 is ripping my site content. Here is his site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Here is mine: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just take a look of some of his posts, and you'll see that they match mine...verbatim (use the search function on my site). The thing that bothered me the most, however, is the LiveStrong post. I know that he did not receive his bracelet, and yet, he posted it. Strange. Also, take a look at some of his downloads, and check out mine. See something similar? Check out the games, too.

Post your opinions or whatever. I don't care. I just wanted to get the message out.

oh gosh, that really really sucks X__X I would be so mad if someone did something like that to my website, and what really sucks is that person didn't link back to you in anywayseriously, anyone could have noticed that most of the content was taken off your site, you should really tell that person so that they either remove it or at least give credit to you. Don't let him get away with that stuff

Hmm, it's pretty obvious that he stole your site content. You can try mailing him about it, but don't intimidate him first. Ask him nicely. If the guy didn't care and tell you that he/she made it by him/herself and accuses you of stealing YOUR work, then I dunno, you can try and ruin him for everybody... It's your choice. I've seen people with similar problems and they have rather amusing ways of getting the plagiarists (spelling?) to give up and break down. They actually give out the email address and allow people to flame the poor guy. :P Then again, if you're not the type to resort to a violent and stressful revolution, you can just leave him alone... ;)

yeah but then again, if you don't tell them to do something about the content, a friend of that website might spot snlildude's site and thing that HE stole the content, tell more people about it, and everyone will think of it the other way around =/ so the best thing to do is take action

This sucks. I see he even has the cheek to link to your images. This could be the easiest way to slow him down, change your image links.I think you need to act on this, try a polite email first but if that doesn't work submit his email address to a few 'opt-in' advertising scams. Another option is to report him to his host, I'm sure they would have a policy about copyright material. As thebluekirby has said, if you don't act, people might think you were the one that stole the content.Good luck with it. ;)

I think you need to act on this, try a polite email first

Of course, this is the usual first thing to do, because we might be dealing with a kid who's starting out by making sites. The kid might not know anything about copyright issues. Trust me, I was like that, good thing I never stole content. I only got color ideas... ;) (I suck picking out colors)

Oh my GOD! I freakin' hate those people! My website has been NOT even been ripped but FULLY stolen..images..css...coding EVERYTHING... they didn't even bother to take down the massive VINTAGEFAIRY.COM and called their own website Vintagefairy.com I emailed them and they put up some lousy excuse like they always do... THis wasn't even the first time It happened to me..people use to use the free layouts I gave out and takeout everysingle link linking to me and even my name on the image!! What pathetic losers...it's illegal as well but there's no one stopping them or jailing them because you have to file a thingy against them..which is wayy too much hassle..I HATE it soo much you don't understand just how much..I really despise those idiotic people who can't even make their own website and resort to stealing other people's..hotlinking their images..stealing their content..and PRETENDING TO BE YOU , STEALING YOUR PICTURE, NAME AND EVERYTHING.I know how you freakin' feel I nearly cried when I saw that website exactly same as mine and the person wrote on it something like I MADE THIS WHOLE ENTIRE WEBSITE, YES ME , SO DON'T STEAL. arGHH. My stomach twisted and tied a kazillion knots.. ;)

wow ... that is very lame for him to copy other people's content ... but what could we do ?? alot of people is doing the same thing everyday ... they rip part of this and part of that .. and that becomes his unique content ... that's unfair ...

As everyone else thinks sorry about your loss but I think that he admited that he ripped content from your site look at this:

Adminstrator  [2:46:49 AM]Shame I had to rip the content from someone elses website. I'm such a sad loser frown

I find that quite funny that he admits that he ripped content from your site yet he still has it there. Well if the site was a member of your Xisto affiliation program then it was hosted at Xisto so can't you report him to an administrator?

Wariopk, on analysis of the shoutbox, the fact is that anyone can pretend to be Administartor. I can and so can you. I just shouted 2nd msg to prove it. LOL, it would be so funny if he did actually shout that. Maybe someone should shout a link to this topic ;)

Also, he was denied by us 4 times for spam posting which maybe the reason why he ripped the content.

Lol, he deleted the message amount the ripped content whoever did it. That proves he's guilty.But seriously, he is a <insert curse word> sad loser, if he can't even create his own content to grab visitors.

What the hell... Well, theres not much you can do about it.  But, you have my sympathy bro.  ;)

178494[/snapback]

Thanks. I PMed him telling him to take off the content. I can't take legal action because the stuff on my site is not really copyrighted. And to do that, I'd actually have to pay money to get it copyrighted, and that's not worth it.

oh gosh, that really really sucks X__X I would be so mad if someone did something like that to my website, and what really sucks is that person didn't link back to you in anyway

seriously, anyone could have noticed that most of the content was taken off your site, you should really tell that person so that they either remove it or at least give credit to you. Don't let him get away with that stuff

178529[/snapback]

What really rocks is that he copied my programs. I mean, these are programs that I made, so obviously, they have my name on it. I know that this guy's name is not Sang Nguyen, so that's a plus. The only down side is that I didn't link to my site in my programs. :P

This sucks. I see he even has the cheek to link to your images. This could be the easiest way to slow him down, change your image links.

I think you need to act on this, try a polite email first but if that doesn't work submit his email address to a few 'opt-in' advertising scams. Another option is to report him to his host, I'm sure they would have a policy about copyright material. As thebluekirby has said, if you don't act, people might think you were the one that stole the content.

Good luck with it. :P

178548[/snapback]

I want to turn on hotlink protection so bad, but I joined an affiliation program, and some of those people hotlink my images. If, all of a sudden, they find that my link is not working, they'll probably take me off as one of their affiliates. Speaking of affiliations, check out this dude's affiliation application: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now, check out mine: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ See something similar?

Woah, this guy must be desperate for content. The fact that he copied yours, I think it's a sign that people like your work, and want to do something like yours. ;) Even if it's not exactly a good thing, it means you're good that people want to copy you. I must be somewhat good... Right? *looking at the bright side for a change* :P