xisto Community
serverph

Google Talk Talk and IM with your friends for free

My friend told me of GoogleTalk today and I went straight to their website and downloaded it and I must say, it's incredible! It's so simple and pretty :love: and I can't wait I tell others about it.I think I'll just remove MSN and start using GoogleTalk.

Google really do what peoples need. They showed this with google talk again ;) Its a bit different from all other chat apps. I like that there are no smilies pics :P yIpI that was so annoying.I also think they should change the way of loging into gmail. When for example you get more then 1 new email and you click on the red envelope in the notify you get to a page where you only see 1 email. The left menu should also be visable. But its beta and I love it! :PGoogle is my friend! :P

Yup msn is much better, as is aim. No need to get ANOTHER im program that not many people use yet. It is in beta though, it will probably be MUCH much better by the time its fully complete. It looks pretty promising, if i get Gmail and it seems better then msn or aim i might use it.

Yeah, I definitely might try this thing out, but I've only ever used one chat program, AIM. And as everyone says it will be hard to use it often when there is no one to talk to...but we'll see what happens...

I wouldn't know I downloaded it, got my friends to download it and the only one of the firends I added to accept the invitation (currently) doesn't use it, another of them downloaded it but cant connect as it says 'error authenticating by server' or something like that, but the login and contacts pages look ok, kind of minimal and clean unlike the ones found in MSN. I wonder how long this will stay in Beta for?

I already downloaded it a few days ago, and I think it is quite nice from the Google team to develop such a utra-light messenger. Unfortunately most of my friends are not keen to at least try it, I guess the MSN monopoly is still growing, but we can start sending lots of invites to all our friends and then probably we're going to have a great Google Talk community as huge as MSN is currently.

Anyway, I'll still use MSN for a while until I convince my friends to try it finally.

Cheers!

This is so cool! we have all been waiting for our Favorite Goolge to release a program just like yahoo mesenge and the have it now on Beta testing. All we have to do now is to invite everyone to have their own Gmail account to use this feature.And guys, remember, This Google talk is still in Beta so be patient about some errors and glitch. Google is waiting for our comments and violent reactions to for them to enhance and make this bug free. So report those bugs!!

I wouldn't know I downloaded it, got my friends to download it and the only one of the firends I added to accept the invitation (currently) doesn't use it, another of them downloaded it but cant connect as it says 'error authenticating by server' or something like that, but the login and contacts pages look ok, kind of minimal and clean unlike the ones found in MSN. I wonder how long this will stay in Beta for?

179066[/snapback]

Well I finally got to test the first Beta release of Google Talk a few days ago, and I must ses look very promising. the only thing I would say would improve it is conference calling, and if it would let all of my friends connect, I had to use Skype to get a good call going on, but considering its current functionality, and the massive improvement between Google Desktop Beta 1 and Google Desktop Beta 2, I for one certainly cant wait for the next release of what I genuinly believe will one day be the best IM money can buy (or download for free ;) ).

This a much better looking messenger, and i have been giving out my invites like a crazy man so soon all my friends will be on here ;)....Im excited it about it, since i HATE AIM and dont much care for how big MSN is and yahoo is just kinda the same as it has always been....seems Google is prepareing for a massive internet take over...hehe i welcome it.

i think google is trying googlemonoplize, but nah i just need yahoo and msn for me.remember people, need help in sigging just contact me heremsn=saint-michael@hotmail.comyahoo=saint_zodiac

I downloaded Google talk around two days ago, and a few of its features surprised me. Like the fact when you have two Google Talk chat windows open, they morph together. The saved chat logs are good too, so I can ask a question and then close the window until they answer, and if I forget the question I can just read it ;)I also like the calling feature, I can talk to people through mics, but it seems that almost all instant messaging programs have that.

google got it's own im tools?if it's more familar with the msn messenger it will be more good.if you don't have an gmail then you can not use that i think.so,..it's limited i think.guangdian

Google has a tendency to do everything better. This might not have all the frills of other im clients but I like that it it clean. I refuse to use yahoo because it is so busy. When msn changed to act more like yahoo I was sad. If you look at your gmail account and the your yahoo/hotmail accounts you will see the genius of google. No frills and flashy crap, just more funtionality. All of their services have a simple, clean and easy feel to them. You can expect that very soon Google talk will begin to demonstrate more of genius that is google. if you have any doubts just wait a few months. Everbody will be cursing all other im clients. ;)

so far after i've been using it for a couple of days i've found it quite good and simple to use, i like the simple interface that isn''t crowded, i think its easy to use and better than AIM, the best thing about it in my opinion is that when you sign in it shows you what emails you've got that are unread and i find this really useful