xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AMWGeek

Somtimes I Just Feel Like Crying How my computer drives to make me mad

I really hate how slow my computer can be somtimes, I also hate it when I try to use Ad-Ware to clear it, it freezes! It worked for a while, then one day it frozed up while it was scanning.But what I hate the most of all are my speakers, I hate how they only work half the time. I especially hate how they don't work when I want to watch iMPACT :D. Somedays I love my computer and some days I hate, and right now I'm hating it. :)

I've never been at the point of crying when my computer was acting up. I have been ready to pull out my hair many times though. Adaware wouldn't work for me but I finally got it too work once I looked up on the internet on how to fix it.My speakers don't work because my sound card just won't install, I don't know why it won't but I gave up on it. It worked really good for the first while then all of a sudden three of my drivers went dead... I have my mouses installation CD and my monitors driver can be found on the site as well as my soundcard drive yet it just won't work. I can't reformat my computer because I don't have a Windows Installation disc and the man who sold me my won't give me the drivers installation disc either because if I break it I have to go to him. If you are working on your computer while you're doing a scan can make it freeze and that's all I can tell you with the adaware. Maybe you should look up on the internet or ask in the computer forum if they know what can be the problem.I am not too sure about your volume situation, it works sometimes and other times it doesn't work... maybe you need a new sound card?To make your computer a bit faster you could do a disk clean up and a disk defrag if you know what you're doing. Disk cleanup is pretty easy, I am assuming you're using windows if not I am not sure. I am no expert though so I don't know what the problem may be. But good luck with your computer.

I think most users have a love/hate relationship with their computers .... when mine stuffs up I feel so helpless, because I know so little about computers .... so I have to rely on other peoples knowledge base to rectify the problem, which is quite frustrating.

Posted Image

LOL i thought that yhe thread was something like "im depressed because the world has gonne mad and my boyfriend left me, i feel alone" or something like that xD not that this problem isn't less important of course not, i felt the same way that you wth my old computer ><!!! but i didn't cried i just.. hit it (maybe that's why i had all those errors... )have u ever tried formatting it? you know like erasing all the data in it, i bet that would be the solution to your problem if you don't want to buy a new one =)

well dont cry...your computer shouldn;t make you cry...just take a breath...walkaway..do something then come back and eal with it...no point stressin yourself out over it..unless you trying to meet a deadline then worry...but...if not...calm down n come back later

I don't cry but i pull on my hair sometimes. lol. Pain releaves it a bit. Sometimes i get so "frustahrated" or frustrated that I just reinstall the whole windows and start over. The only thing I hate is stupid SPYWare just downloading onto my computer when I don't ask for it. ergg...............that makes me cringe.

I had until a year ago a very slow computer, that just made me crazy. It had holes on the sides, because everytime it jammed, i made a hole with a screwdriver in it. I once threw it on the floor, and it died. Since then i have a faster computer and this one`s cover is harder than the last, so when it jamms, i can only scrach it. And belive me, it is very scrached :)

What is a problem with people and slow computers? I've had computer since 286 platform and I can tell that I know a lot about computers. There is no point to stress when your computer slows down or freezes or eventually dies. Software bugs always existed and hardware can not last forever. Kicking it, throwing it on the flor, or punching it with a screwdriver just damages it more. So, when your computer starts to act slow, chill out, go for a walk, think a bit about what could cause a problem, and then try all over.

rofl slow computers? You should try this one I have :PFor example, it takes me 10 to 20 secs just to load this page and need to f-disk every 30 days to clean out spyware and stuff ;) I think when I get me a brand new one, heaven will open up for me

I found when i have computer problems the best way to deal with it is to talk with my friends. they tell me their sob stories and i dont feel like i have such a crapy computer. TRY IT

There are a lot of things you can do. Quite a few programs you can get to figure out what the issue is.Anti-Virus, Adware removal, spyware removal, registry cleaner, user education.First on the list is anti-virus...go to housecall.trendmicro.com and scan you pc free online. This is better than most installed AV's because it's garanteed to be updated with the latest definitions. As opposed to an installed app, where you have to update it which is easy to overlook.Secondly, adware and spyware removal. Just go to download.com and search both of those terms and you'll find tons of programs...I suggest lavasofts ad-awareSE and spybot-search-and-destroy. Both work well. Like someone else pointed out make sure you update these programs before running them, then disconnect from the net, close all open applications and run them. They will take a while but that's life.Thirdly, registry cleaning...this can get dangerous in the wrong hands but is well worth it on any windows machine. I won't explain what or how the registry works, but it's a messy way of doing things, and gets bloated very quickly. download.com and search registry cleaner. Works wonders.Fourth on the list user education. What is possibly THE BIGGEST issue with computers. 99% of computer users know just enough to be dangerous, they think they know what they're doing but are clueless and generally have systems that don't work. I would suggest a book. Yes most books will cover basics, you may already know the basics...move on and learn new skills, take a class. STOP playing with settings you don't understand. STAY OFF questionable web sites. STOP downloading questionable material, DO NOT install applications made by companies you don't know. STAY AWAY from applications that have known spyware and adware. DON'T LISTEN to your friends that do this or that...ask them why they do it, if their only answer is because it's cool, or it makes your computer faster, but can't explain WHY it is DO NOT DO IT! They are idiots and you will have problems.Fifth if all else fails, please put the computer back in the box it came in, return it to the store for a refund. Take that money and buy yourself an etch-a-sketch and some coloring books.

Its really not that hard to take care of a computer! Dont download pirated programs and music, dont download programs that come with spyware. Then just run a check every so often, i found the best way to do this is to time the checks so when your sleeping it does a virus scan and defrag and spyware check all while i am sleeping and then just shuts itself off once its done. The computer should run just fine if you dont abuse it.