xisto Community
chief91

Worst Game Of All Time wats the baddest game of all time

Oh man.... so many choices... Overall, i'd have to go with "White Men Can't Jump" for the Jag. Other games that reek: Touchdown Fever for the NES, that retarded Genesis game featuring Aerosmith where you throw CDs at bad guys, and Donkey Kong Country for the N64. I'll probably post more some other time.

Ah, where to start?

Well, there are the obvious bad eggs:

Shaq-Fu

Superman 64

Drake of 99 Dragons

Big Rigs (which I believe was a joke, and not a seirous game attempt)

But there are a few games that I honestly did not like.

First off, Doom 3...while it was a visual work of art...did not have the Doom feel. Remember the old Doom games of slaughtering massive hoardes of demons? Yeah, those were the good ol' days. While I do love the Resident Evil scare-you-shitless feel of Doom 3, after the first few shock events...it loses it's scare factor. I also dislike the idea of lowering the amount of enemies. It just seems like you go through a door, a monster jumps out, you kill it, and repeat. And I won't go into the flashlight thing...most know about it already. =)

Also, the online play left alot to be desired. Seemed to generic, and while generic isn't a good reason to rant on a game about...the high-end needs of game really slowed you down. Sure, the same could be said for all the other online games...it was really rampant in Doom 3. =(

Of course, this is only my opinion. The first 2 Doom games were awesome, and yes...Doom 3 did have alot of redeeming qualities. :ph34r:

Crusin USA was a great game for me, until I experienced the thrill of Gran Turismo, San Francisco Rush, and other real racing games. It just seemed so lazily put together...the traffic was a nice thing, but you could only get into 3 different crashes. A fender-bender, a spin out, and a flip over. No variations of either, just the same animation for each. =(

Also, I thought Sonic Heros was a disgrace to the Sonic games. The teamwork thing was a horrible idea, and it took out the speed and rhythem* that made the Sonic games so great. Infact, the Adventure series and Heros are making me fear for SEGA and Sonic Team...hopefully they'll pull out of this little rut and get back to the true meaning of Sonic: Pure Speed.

*I knew how to spell that word before I had to. I hate it when I blank out on words. >_<

Also, alot of movie-based games suck hard. Some are really good, like Spiderman and Van Helsing...but others like Fantasic Four (no 4 player mode?!) are nasty stinkers.

Adding another one, Harvest Moon : A(nother) wonderful life. Its a love it or hate it game. And guess which side I took.The game was far to slow, and completly different then the rest of the series. Also all the NPC were so weird. A hobo, a hippie? Also only 3 girls to woo. :huh:

Hm, just to name a few...Superman-N64.Mario Party Games, period.Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories-PS1Socom2(offline sucks..IMO).Those are just the ones I thought of in about 20ish seconds..but yeah, the WORST out of all of them, would probably have to be "Mario Party Games, period.", those games were just so pointless and dumb(only good one was the first one). And not to mention easy(I know a 5-6 year old who beat them with ease, and got bored with them on first day).

the worst game ive ever seen would have to be simcoaster for pc... hell of gay...but heh w/e works for me then almost any game for gamecube but gamecube sucks alltogether....

I would have to say that the worst game ever played by me was Enter the Matrix.It was so boring I almost fell sleep playing it :lol: and I didn't really get what I had to do.I give Enter the Matrix 2 out of 10 and the 2 are only for the graphics :)

Spot On: Virtual economies break out of cyberspaceKenneth http://www.dr-hu.com/
With the value of the US dollar plummeting on real world exchanges, secondary markets that thrive on virtual bucks crank up the volume. Time to invest in a little gold?The goods aren't real, but the money is. The sale of virtual goods in massively multiplayer online role-playing games has exploded and, though Wall Street may not yet have caught on, buying and selling imaginary gold is proving to be a wise investment this year. Behind the facade of undead wizards and gnomish engineers lurk hard-nosed capitalists who know how to turn over a buck. According to data gathered by Advanced Economic Research Systems, a company that tracks eBay sales, through April more than $2 million was spent on World of Warcraft (WOW) gold this year. Most of the company's employees are dedicated WOW players, and CEO Anthony Sukow began to examine the statistics after making a questionable purchase of his own. "I have purchased some gold on eBay," Sukow admitted. "You're not supposed to do that." But that inspiration revealed that capitalism is going strong, even in fantastical realms that only exist as ones and zeros. "I was just amazed at the sheer volume of transactions," Sukow said. Sukow discovered that the top seller of WOW gold made more than $23,000 in April, just on WOW gold. And that wasn't even a good month--in January and February the number-one seller took home more than $44,000 each month. For buyers, Sukow said, getting the best price depends on how much gold you want; like many other goods, buying in bulk is a better deal. On average, lots of 50 gold pieces sell for 41 cents a unit, while lots of 1,000 pieces average 18 cents a unit. Kenneth http://www.dr-hu.com/
He notes that this price difference presents a business opportunity. An enterprising investor could buy 1,000 gold pieces and sell them off in smaller lots for a higher price. The vigorous secondary market activity isn't escaping the notice of game companies. In stark contrast to the recording industry, Sony didn't turn to courts and congressmen when it began to lose some control of its own product. It adapted. At Sony Online Entertainment, officials have taken an if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em approach. They're cutting themselves in for a piece of the action with Station Exchange, an in-game auction service set to launch at the end of June that will let players buy and sell items and characters. "The market is huge... There is no way that our company can be 100 percent successful at shutting down this activity," SOE spokesman Chris Kramer said. The company has watched the sale of virtual items evolve from a handful of people to an estimated $200 million market, Kramer said. "We've watched the secondary market skyrocket, even though it's officially against the rules," Kramer said. "We can no longer ignore it." Critics have charged that Station Exchange lets players buy their way to the top and may open a legal can of worms. Though Kramer admits that the idea behind Station Exchange was controversial, even within SOE, with 20 to 25 percent of players buying and selling, the company says it's just giving players what they want. According to the results of an in-game poll conducted by Sony, players are almost evenly split in their feelings--for, against, or neutral--toward the service. One person who isn't embracing the idea is Edward Castronova, a WOW player and Indiana University professor who has studied MMORPG economies. "As a game player, I think all of that activity sucks--I hate it," Castronova said. "[but] as an economist, I look at this, and it all seems very natural to me." Whether it's real or virtual goods, people are going to try to exploit the market for personal gain, Castronova said, but he believes there is more companies can do to stop third-party sales if they want to. But having players promise not to do it as a condition of playing isn't the right approach. Kenneth http://www.dr-hu.com/
"What the game designers need to do is stop relying on the end-user licensing agreement," Castronova said. He instead suggested designers can regulate the economy with in-game tools. For instance, the software could look out for situations where one avatar gives another a large sum of money in exchange for nothing. That may indicate that a purchase has taken place outside the game. Another idea was some sort of in-game tax. Kenneth http://www.dr-hu.com/
But for the time being, it looks as though there will be more, not less, interaction between real and virtual economies. MMORPGs are attracting millions, and these games can be a large part of those players' lives. For game designers, that means delving into disciplines they never imagined when MMORPGs debuted. Horror stories of virtual resource-hoarding, counterfeiting, and runaway inflation have taught hard lessons to game companies, and many now seek the advice of professional economists. "When SOE first started EverQuest, there was no thought of 'what is our player economy going to look like in six years?'" Kramer said. Now, any successful virtual economy has to plan ahead. But while the success of Sony's endeavor remains to be seen, the fact that the companies have to face this issue demonstrates the popularity of the genre. "It's a validation of your game when people are willing to spend upwards of $2,000 on a character," Kramer said. Kenneth http://www.dr-hu.com/

I would say that all of the Pokemon games for the Gameboy were a disaster. They were very boring. They also had a really dumb storyline. The graphics were horrible (even for the Gameboy). They were without a doubt the worse games ever made.

Zelda the windwaker...destroyed the zelda franchise... :lol:

Ever since they made zelda cartoony its sucked. And everybody lets talk to the magic rock instead of a magic fairy. Wow Nintendo sure knows how to destroy its best game.

176372[/snapback]

I strongly disagree. I enjoyed wind waker. Most people just blew off the game without even playing it due to its appearence. This was the creators, (forgot his name), intent origininally (Cell Shading). The cartoony appearence also gives the game a different feel which i enjoyed. There are certain stuff that would be pretty much impossible to do using realistic graphics.

^ Actually, change mine, I Agree with Runescape to, perosnally, I think its amazing how many people still play.Also, I disagree with the pokemon Gameboy games being the worst games, I really liked a few of them, and even if they were really repetitive, once you really got addicted to it, it was really fun. B)

I played runescape one time. It was the suck.I personally liked red/blue/green(japan) pokemon games, but that was it. Beyond that got rediculous. It was nintendo's last ditch effort to regain their lost final fantasy fanbase.Worst games ever?Prisoner Of War (PC)... Looks like a WWII third person shooter where you're escaping from a prison camp and everything, but its not. You're just escaping. The closest thing you ever have to a weapon is rocks you can throw to distract the guards. And worst AI ever! A guard could watch you crawl under a truck and then just give up!Republic: enter the revolution (PC)B) I hate that game. It looks so pretty, but its less fun than waiting on your sim to get home from work.Most movie based games. You either know what's going to happen (if you've seen it) or you're going to spoil the movie. Plus, production times are low to beat/meet the movie release.Revolution X, the Aerosmith game someone else mentioned...Destroy all humans... Interesting design. Funny at times. Way too short (less than 6 hours for a $50 game)Then there's shaq-fu... Qbert... Halo... Triggerman... Any anime based game... I didn't like doom 3 either, too predictable... That's about it for meAnd Pump It Up. Worst dancing game ever.