xisto Community
Frozen

Filters Only Sig. Good Tut. Nice Final Result.

Start your background off as a normal, black background. For this sig, I am going to use 325x125.

Image:Posted Image

Now, go to Filter>Render>Different Clouds. Continue to hit Control+F until you find something you like

Now, Duplicate the Layer, and go to Filter>Film Grain, and play around with the settings until you find something you like

Now Merge the layers, by hitting Control+E. Now Duplicate the layer again, and go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. I used 3.2 For the settings, use whatever you are comfortable with though.

Once again, Merge your sig, it should be completely merged, with only the background. Duplicate again, and go to Filter>Crosshatch. Play around with these settings as well.

Now find yourself a render. Once you have found your render, do your normal blending stuff, and duplicate the render layer. When you have the duplicated layer, blur it to around 100 px's. This should give you a nice color add to the sig. Now move the Regular Layer above the Duplicated layer, to prevent color over the render.

Now, Merge all of your layers, and go to Layer. New Adjustment Layer. Brightness//Contrast. Add contrast to the sig, but usually never go over 35-40.

Now, add your text, make it white, and go to Layer, Layer Style, Blending Options.

Use these Settings:

Drop Shadow: Leave the Same.

Inner Shadow: Change the Optacity from 75 to 40.

Bevell and Emboss: Change the Size from 5 to 0.

Then change the text color to match your render.

Add a border, and you are finished.

Now, This is one of millions of possiblities of using Filters Only. Try to be creative, and learn from this, but never copy straight on. You will only make yourself better by trying new things.

Good Luck!

Lol Spirite. I was trying to impress anyone with the tutorial, just a simple effect, so they understand the guidlines and starting points -_-

175068[/snapback]

And you did that. Nice job. :thumbsup: :P

heh this is a simple and understandable tut, at first i started using the filters but i was advised by my gfx friends to get brushes :). I must say though your tut was detailed but... you could of put in more filters to make it look better and maybe add a bit of contrast in it to give it a good lively feel. Good job though