xisto Community
heavensounds

What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?

Then God said, "let Us make man in our image, according to our likeness, let them have dominion... For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. It is God who created us and not we ourselves. He created this amazing world for us subdue and explore. Why do we take everything he has given us and reject him. Like he said, "Professing to be wise, they became fools.For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me. Once you understand Gods love for God is love, you will see that following Christ is not a religion in which you must work to earn your salvation. Salvation is a free gift because God is good.Some people believe that they are good people and they hope that their good deeds will be enough to get them into heaven. Well God says that all our good deeds are like filthy rags nothing we could do would make us good enough to stand before him. Only the spotless lamb of God died for the sins of the world. There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. The awesome thing about God is once you turn from your sin and ask Jesus to forgive you. God will make you a new creation and put his spirit within you. Read his word! All things will be new the old will pass away.

Water is water everywhere but it is know by different names at different parts of the world. But that makes no change to the object, here water...Religion is, when simplified, the path to God. Here God is a destination. Compare it with water. Those who have seen and felt water personally has no doubts about what it is like... but those who just heard of it could argue over its properties, size, shape, color and everything. When Jesus met with God, he called him as Father. When Mohammed met with God, he called him as Allah. When Rishis of India met with God, they called it as Brahman...Waves are there in the shore, not in the deep sea... What the so called religious people should try to do is to "See God", or "Be God" and thus join the lines of those who are beyond the stage of confusion... In India, Swami Vivekananda once said.. All prophets were great and their messages were also great but they are gone... Now they are not here to guide you. So you be a prophet, be as pure as Jesus or be a Rishi... See what is and what is not by yourself. This is the key to the heart of religion.

Well I believe there are lots of different points of view, in which you can estimate the religion's changes, or different aspects. Christians believe that God has a child or Jesus is the son of God, as you heard them saying, the son of God, but muslims believe that Jesus is just a simple human prophet send by God(like many others) in the earth, and to which was revealed "the Bible", and muslims believe that God is one, and does not have any child, or is not born from anyone, and they believe Muhammed is the latest prophet and won't be any others, and that Jesus will turn again to rule the world and that Christianism is not a religion but a derivate or some changed religion from human hands.

You are absolutely correct dear friend. Each and every religion is promoting the same good human behaviors, There are no religion as such which will be supporting or promoting evil deeds etc. Ultimate aim of each and every religion is to show the followers the correct path and divine path through which one can know the existence of God(The superpower.).

You are absolutely correct dear friend. Each and every religion is promoting the same good human behaviors, There are no religion as such which will be supporting or promoting evil deeds etc. Ultimate aim of each and every religion is to show the followers the correct path and divine path through which one can know the existence of God(The superpower.).

i agree with everything thats been said but let me just add my two cents:

the way I see it, yes most religions are there to promote the positives but what gets in the way is the attitude of some people who become so convinced that their religion is absolute truth and fail to recognize other religions that people believe in.

I will refrain from naming which ones are extremists of such behaviour but most wars being fought center on that error of judgement. I think people need to realise that religion and worship has got a lot to do with faith and not anyone can be greater than another.

I have switched religions every now and then in quest of one that i feel most comfortable with but i ended up an atheist before i changed to what i now believe in. Most people follow a religion blindly and this spoils everything.

tOne quote i heard that i liked very much by Abraham Lincoln was "A man who mistakes his religious beliefs to be factual abandons his intellect" and i think its very true.

watch the discovery channel a lot of the bible is being questioned and proven wrong and there is science to prove where we came from. I think all religions share the same final goal to treat people in a good way and love your family some religion is miss understood and the people who do terrorist acts in the name of gods are less religious than any 1  

-reply by billy white

The main difference between religions is that most religions aren't true. All religions (apart from Christianity) are not true. How could they be? There is one god and that is it. You don't have to believe me or anything but that is what i think. It is a proven fact that Jesus was a real person who live in Israel around 2000 years ago. How could so many people arround the world (millions in fact) believe something that isn't true? If i just made up a rumour about something or said something that wasn't true was true do you think i would get hundreds of millions of people worlwide to believe me? even if the US Government said something to be true that wasn't true i don't think they would get so many people to believe them. Then how can a group of people in Israel 2000 years ago come up with something so accepted?

Joe blogg... actually read what you just wrote. That is honestly the dumbest thing i have ever read. Your saying that just because people beleive it it must be real? Am i right?

Well according to your brilliant and well thought out theory the world should have ended last week, or for Y2K, or for all the other stupid doomsday theories that millions of people actually beleive. I follow no religion and hold nothing againt people that do but that sort of *BLEEP* really annoys me. Christians ect that force there religion onto other people and couldnt possibly be wrong cause they believe it. Missionaries back in the day basically forcing there religion onto tribal people ect. Religions do serve a purpose in establishing morals within in societies and within people but too many time through out history have people used certain aspects of the bibal as an excuss for war, completly ignoring all the stuff about peaace and loving one another all for there personel gain. How can "Joe Blogg" sit there and assume his religion is right? Who's to say any religion is right? When it comes down to it there isnt a whole lot of evidence, if any, that supports any religion... Joe = DOUCHE BAGGGG

Does you religion explain these? Has it been updated?What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?All you believers of ancient religions just use your brains for a change! Ask yourselves; does your religion explain why there is magma underground which over flows through volcanoes sometimes? Does your religion explain how the Earth was a ball of molten rocks and how only the surface has cooled off till today. Does your religion explain why the continents are floating on molten lava and their movements cause Earth quakes and tsunamis all over the world destroying many places of worship too? Does your religion explain why the continents fit into each other like a massive jigsaw puzzle (look at South and North America and Africa on a world map), which is because the continents have broken apart and moved away from each other within some million years? That also explains why there are similar animals on the West coast of Africa and East coast of South America, and even the rocks and minerals match perfectly.Does any of your religion inform you that the tallest mountain range, Himalayas is less than 100 million years old and the Mount Everest is getting taller by a few centimetres every years? India is pushing into China by about 1 meter every year because of continental shift. This causes earth quakes in Iran and Pakistan. Do any of your religions or prophets tell you that light takes 1.3 second to reach us from the Moon, and over 8 minutes from the Sun? Light travels for 4.3 years to reach us from the second nearest star to Earth, Alfa Centauri, at 300,000 km/sec approx.Speed.Does your religion say anything at all about the hundreds of different dinosaurs that walked the Earth, between 100-250 million BC? Fossils have been discovered all over the world. Their real bones are on display in many museums around the world. Ancient scriptures have only mentioned giants and ugly demons. Our forefathers may have discovered dinosaur bones and thought they were from giants. The Chinese may have found complete fossils of huge lizard like dinosaurs and invented the tales of dragons.Do any of your ancient religions mention that we need oxygen, not carbon dioxide, and electric impulse, not blood alone, to stay alive? Blood can be transfused by litres at a time, but if the electricity that flows through your nerves and makes your heart muscles beat stops then you are brain dead. If your heart rate is faulty it can be steadied with a pace-maker which controls the electric impulses. So if your religion says you must not consume blood because it carries life think again about the mistaken belief.One last question- if your mother is dying from a kidney failure, do you take her to a Church, Mosque, Temple or any other place of worship, or do you take her to a man of science who will probably inject her with blood, and may transplant another kidney to save her life. She may need dialysis, which again not mentioned in religious texts. So if you trust science to save your lives then why cant you trust science to answer queries about Human evolution, formation of our Solar system, Earth, Oceans and seas, atmosphere etc? If the scriptures dont differentiate between Oxygen and Hydrogen, curse and disease, how can we trust them blindly and believe them about anything else really?We know now that the Sun produces heat, not by Gods miracles, but by a continuous nuclear reaction during which Hydrogen is changing to Helium. Man has also created heat by the same process with Hydrogen bombs. Scientists are planning to produce miniature nuclear reactors to solve our energy problems. So I would urge everyone to start reading science books instead of out dated scriptures. See if you can make a contribution towards the future of mankind. After all we must all know that we will have to fly away from the Earth after a few billion years, before the Sun starts cooling off. No God will come to help us, believe me, like no one came to help during Katrina. We will have to help ourselves with the help of science!!-reply by Intelligent human!

Took the words right out of my mouth... Well said :D

So this is what im thinking. Adam and Eve Supposibly the first humans created by god. They have sex (is that a "sin", im not sure), they have children. Now logic tells me that the only way to continue population growth is for a bit of incest to occur (surely thats a sin). This still doesnt explain why there are black, brown and white people. Thats becasue the bibel isnt suppose to be taken literally, its just there to help guide and to explain things before the mirical of science could. Its when the bibel is taken literally that some idiot starts a war, or causes genocide or anything of that matter.I dont follow a religion, i have honestly never even opened a bible and i dont want to. Its pretty much an instruction manual on how to live a pure and morally correct life. I already have that. What ever works for you, whether it be christianity, muslim, buddust or athiest.