xisto Community
heavensounds

What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?

One important difference is how a religion regards other religions, does it try to be separate (respectful of other) , inclusive (easy to get in), or force inclusion (feel moral superiority). Unfortunately the second leads often to the third. The first makes for a small and often persecuted minority.-reply by null

Muslims believe: Jesus was wrong in his major teaching that he was the Son of God, but he was still a prophet with alot of good things to say about attitude etc.

Hi,

I am a Muslims (good for me :lol: ) but Islam does not teach us that Jesus was wrong. NO. The opposite actually. We believe that Jesus was a god-sent messenger/prophet and he was ordered to deliver Gods/Allah's message, which is to believe in God, worship God, and NEVER worship anything other then God, the only God. And he did. But he had enemy's, lots of enemy's and they did not like this message, so they tried to kill Jesus (according to some, they did) and kill his followers (which we see them as Muslims as well) and the book he wrote which is the Angeel, which we believe is a book from God just like the quran. And his enemy's did what they did and the result is the disaster we see in our brothers the Christians (this is our viewpoint, so keep that in mind) they have all kinds of beliefs that are outside Jesus's teachings, according to the Islam of course. Such as: Jesus will give you salvation, Jesus is a God (God forbid), Jesus is the son of God (No way), the concept of trinity, etc...

Also, we believe Jesus, and all other Prophets/Messengers do not commit any sins, and they do not make any mistakes, we see them as the perfect humans who are the role models of what we should be like. So Jesus is never wrong, just the lies about Jesus that are wrong.

This off course is what Muslims believe so sorry in advanced for the Christians out there.

In reply to the original post I would make a few comments, especially about the mention that "no religion really teaches us to do BAD" (my paraphrase).If you will allow me to classify religions in three major categories they would be monotheism, atheism, and animism.Since most of you don't work in the most wild parts of the Amazon jungle you are probably not terribly familiar with animism. It exists in other places as well, on every continent, but I mention the Amazon because it is where I work.In animism nature is the reality, but not in the way we might think. It is actually surreal. A tree has a spirit, as does a bird, a rock, and a river. There are also larger spirit beings who have dominions such as the spirit of the mountain or the spirit a the cave. Normally there is some belief in a creator God but as a being very uninvolved in human affairs. Different spirits have different levels of power and one stays alive by appeasing and/or manipulating spirits. People who live with this worldview react to their surroundings and live with survival tactics. They do not plan ahead or take initiative. They try to avoid the things that they fear. There is not a moral code, hence killing, cannibilism, head-shrinking, etc. can be found in abundance. So to understand some of the differences: there are no God-Satan characters in this worldview, there is not anything like our understanding of good and evil (I speak from a monotheistic worldview). Existence is not considered to be a positive thing, so ultimately the only thing similar to a moral "good" is to cease to exist. To die.Thanks for letting me share in some ways how animistic religions are dramatically different than monotheistic. This conversation is interesting and it's great to see discussions and ideas without any having gone off name-calling or such, unless they have done so and gotten banned :SKeep investigating always. And if you're going to believe something you'd better well know why!

Edited by asdftheking (see edit history)

Yes you are right. No religion teach us to fight, quarrel or do bad deeds, but all leads to the same goal of being good, being ideal, serving people and doing good to others. Just quarreling on the name of religion is foolishness and doing good to others helping others is devine.?In our religion it is said that if you may practice only good behaviour help others be virgin and limit your diet never quarrel etc then you will be just like god. And even god will praise such people.?God is a superpower to be like him is very difficult but tring to be like him will make us a super human. And thats what every religion is pointing towards in one way or the other.?So always try to be good. And be happy.?

Well I dont know about many religions but I do know that I was raised Catholic and had to go to Catholic school for a few years. And as I grew up when I did go to church it was Cathollic churches that was the only type of church had ever even been inside until a few years ago, About 7 to be exact. I got remarried 7 years ago into a Greek family And we wanted to be married in the church So I started going to church with him and his family and to my surprise there were almost identical. And before we could be married I had to be baptised Greek Orthodox and take marriage counseling with him for a few months where a guy from the hurch came to our house and would talk to us about marriage and the Orthodox religion. And again to my surprise Greek Orthodox and Catholic were almost Identical so it was very easy for me. And I learned at one time that Roman Catholics and Greek Orthodox where the same religion and they say that the Catholics starting changing things and thats when they seperated and started the Orthodox religion. That is what I was told and taught anyway. But I bet if a talked to a Catholic priest he would tell me the same thing but that it was the Orthodox that was changing so who knows. But for sure they are Almost identical and I have never been inside anyother religions churches, So I know nothing more than that. :)

There have always been diverse religions, one of the big differences I feel that people should observe is the history of the demoninations. There seems to be alot of new religions popping up, without any history or guidelines what will you be led to believe? I have studied different religions although i dont agree with everything its nice to be able to do research.

uhmmm, I had the same opinion with you. I'm a muslim. But I really don't care about the differences between religions.. It's their choices to choose what they believe. Why bother people choices? look at yourself first before you undervalue people choices.

-reply by Khairina Anindya

if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, came to this earth to die for every human's each individual sin, then you cannot be a christian. You can't rely on God if you don't even believe that he sent his son to die for all of us. (I'm saying this in no disrespectful way, just as information). you are right about the muslim's and jew's belief about Jesus. however, the reason christianity is set apart from all religions (Allah, Buddha, etc.) is the fact that Jesus Christ did not only die for our sins on the cross, but ROSE AGAIN on the third day. This implies that Christ conquered death. No other religion has this belief. Muhammad, buddha, and every other religious God were either mortal men or never even existed, unlike Jesus Christ who was 100% man and 100% God. And if we believe with our hearts, confess with our mouths that Christ is Lord and died for me, you, and every human who has ever lived.  then we may have eternal life with Christ in heaven! God Bless!

Replying to sknsoftwares

I personally disagree with your claim about being "just like God", for the bible says that no one will ever be equal to God. He wants us to act like Him, but it is impossible for us to equal Him, never ever; not even in Heaven.It is also impossible for a person to not sin, for every single day we sin. So "doing only good things" is impossible.God is a being- the only devine being. And to put effort to be like Him will only glorify Him by acting off of His ultimate love, it will not make us "super human".

me personally I don' understand why is their so many religion inn the world we all want the same things and the same values why are we should all come together  as one religion and worship God together as a whole instead of dividing each other with oh I'm a muslim oh I'm a jew a catholic etc it doesnt make any sense to me I think either way u look at it we all was born without sin and we all goinng to die as sinners either way so instead of dividing from each other we should all come together and praise God as one religion people of faith maybe if we did that there wouldn't be as much violence and so many people trying to outdo one another  cuz when u think about it the reason theres so much war crimes and poverty and injustice in the world is because of the separtion of religion but maybe I  could be wrong if u know the answer to why there's so blood shed let me know. Thank you.

-reply by crystal

Is there only one God?What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?

I don't understand all of these religions. I there only one God? So may ways to believe in him and only one God. Why do we as God believers not come together and love one another is that what God is hoping and waiting for? I have read all of the comments and all of you have good hearts and believe in the same God. Then how can we all and I mean everyone that believes in the Lord be so different. Black, White, Yellow, Brown etc. Don't we all only have one God?

God Bless Us ALL

I would say this statement is fundamentally flawed because so many arguments and wars around the world are based on religious differences.

Christians believe Jesus Christ was the son of God, whereas the Jews don't believe in him (they only believe the Old Testament). On the other hand, Islam claims that Jesus (known as Is? in the Quran) was a mere mortal prophet.

However, the disparaging differences between how, for example, Islam and Christianity tell us we should lead lives is all too clear. Islamic law dictates every aspect of life, from what you can eat, to what you wear, to whether you earn interest on money.

The only way in which I think the major religions could be said to be similar is in the way they control our lives and dictate our thoughts. As Karl Marx famously said "Religion is the opiate of the people."

how people can join other religions?What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?

I want to say... How all people can have one religion if they believe to their own religion? we all want the same, exp: we want to love each other, we want peace, we want understanding but I think this idea of being together is unbelievable because I am orthodox and if someone tells me to change my religion and join another I would answer NO! I think everyone will say the same.-reply by orthodox

Hello all people here.

Most of the people here are saying : We all want the same thing, we all want peace, we all want to go in the way of God. Yet there are many religions. Right?

The real believers of God will perhaps agree with me that in the religion you believe, there are some truths and that all the words in there, could not be the words of a mere human. Right?

Good. Listen to that logic : You and me we all want to be intelligent, we all want to be Graduates, we all want to be doctors. Do you think that we wall be be doctors if we do different things? There are many books, many teachings around the globe, do you think that we all will pass the exams, we all will be top doctors?

Ofcourse not, it depends where you read, where you are resourcing etc. We all want to go in the way of God, and avoid EVIL, but there are not many ways to do so. We cannot all do different things, different practice, and say we all want to go in the way of God.

There are many religions. Religions did not come just like that. Religions are not manmade. They could have been plagiarised, modified. Just like when you get a picture, you edit the background. It means the same thing , yet different thing.

In all the religion over the globe, there is only one good religion, the rest have been edited/plagiarised. Only one way to God. There are no thousand ways to God.

** Lets take this : If someone tell me that that God has a SON, Then God should have a WIFE. If God has a WIFE, then God should have a Mother and father, mother-in-law, father-in-law. And God's Mother should have a mother and father and so on.

Right?

Or will you tell me that God Created his SON, and he Created his Wife also?

All those in this Universe are all SERVANTS of God, nothing else. Jesus came to Earth, he was a Servant of God, a Prophet, a Messenger. Same with Prophet Muhammad.

Read that, and think about it :

If there is a creation, there must be a Creator.Posted Image If there is a Creator, He must be the Sustainer.Posted Image The Creator Cannot Create Himself.Posted Image If He is the sole Creator/Sustainer -- He must be ONE.God must be one. Otherwise we would see great differences and competition between the gods if there were more than one -- Alone.

My Advise to All people :

Do not be ignorant, do not be bias. Do not say that my religion is better than yours without knowing your friend's religion.

If you don't know your religion to the depth, go in depth. After you know your religion completely, then know your friend's religion completely. Do not come with two or three lines then you say you know your religion or the religion of your friend.

NO! Go in depth, go and research everything in all religion.

Thats what I did. When finally, I found Islam and the Quran the word of God. There are no GODS. God is one. God is Unique. We are mere human to give shape or form to God. God created us, how can we create God? How can we sculp or draw God?

Before you die, don't forget to take a Look at the Quran.

May God bless you and give you guidance to the right path.

**There is only one God, there are no GODs.

-reply by HamzaBinN

Does you religion explain these? Has it been updated?What Is The Main Difference Between Religions?All you believers of ancient religions just use your brains for a change! Ask yourselves; does your religion explain why there is magma underground which over flows through volcanoes sometimes? Does your religion explain how the Earth was a ball of molten rocks and how only the surface has cooled off till today. Does your religion explain why the continents are floating on molten lava and their movements cause Earth quakes and tsunamis all over the world destroying many places of worship too? Does your religion explain why the continents fit into each other like a massive jigsaw puzzle (look at South and North America and Africa on a world map), which is because the continents have broken apart and moved away from each other within some million years? That also explains why there are similar animals on the West coast of Africa and East coast of South America, and even the rocks and minerals match perfectly.Does any of your religion inform you that the tallest mountain range, Himalayas is less than 100 million years old and the Mount Everest is getting taller by a few centimetres every years? India is pushing into China by about 1 meter every year because of continental shift. This causes earth quakes in Iran and Pakistan. Do any of your religions or prophets tell you that light takes 1.3 second to reach us from the Moon, and over 8 minutes from the Sun? Light travels for 4.3 years to reach us from the second nearest star to Earth, Alfa Centauri, at 300,000 km/sec approx.Speed.Does your religion say anything at all about the hundreds of different dinosaurs that walked the Earth, between 100-250 million BC? Fossils have been discovered all over the world. Their real bones are on display in many museums around the world. Ancient scriptures have only mentioned giants and ugly demons. Our forefathers may have discovered dinosaur bones and thought they were from giants. The Chinese may have found complete fossils of huge lizard like dinosaurs and invented the tales of dragons.Do any of your ancient religions mention that we need oxygen, not carbon dioxide, and electric impulse, not blood alone, to stay alive? Blood can be transfused by litres at a time, but if the electricity that flows through your nerves and makes your heart muscles beat stops then you are brain dead. If your heart rate is faulty it can be steadied with a ?pace-maker? which controls the electric impulses. So if your religion says you must not consume blood because it carries life think again about the mistaken belief.One last question- if your mother is dying from a kidney failure, do you take her to a Church, Mosque, Temple or any other place of worship, or do you take her to a man of science who will probably inject her with blood, and may transplant another kidney to save her life. She may need dialysis, which again not mentioned in religious texts. So if you trust science to save your lives then why can?t you trust science to answer queries about Human evolution, formation of our Solar system, Earth, Oceans and seas, atmosphere etc? If the scriptures don?t differentiate between Oxygen and Hydrogen, curse and disease, how can we trust them blindly and believe them about anything else really?We know now that the Sun produces heat, not by Gods miracles, but by a continuous nuclear reaction during which Hydrogen is changing to Helium. Man has also created heat by the same process with Hydrogen bombs. Scientists are planning to produce miniature nuclear reactors to solve our energy problems. So I would urge everyone to start reading science books instead of out dated scriptures. See if you can make a contribution towards the future of mankind. After all we must all know that we will have to fly away from the Earth after a few billion years, before the Sun starts cooling off. No God will come to help us, believe me, like no one came to help during Katrina. We will have to help ourselves with the help of science!!-reply by Intelligent human!