xisto Community
cragllo

What Are Renders? im confused

First off I thought renders were just abstract graphics, but I went to a site called gamerenders, and people were asking to render parts of screenshots, if someone could explain to me what it is and maybe how to, That would be great.Thanks,Craig.

They're cutout bits of other images, to put it simply. If you see a wallpaper you like, and you cut out one of the items from it, it qualifies as a render. Johnny gave me a better definition a while ago but I misplaced it.

Craig already said he went there above, Frozen :D He just wants to know what they are.

Well, the definition of a render is something drawn, so basically if something is rendered it is drawn, or really it is a piece of art that was made, the media used doesn't matter. Renders are those people in everyones sigs, they are usually done with a 3d modelling program, and sliced to fit into signatures.

Dyno, 3D renders and sig renders are two different things, since the 3D ones are used for 3D modelling. I'm sure you can find a more precise definition from one of our graphic gurus when they get online.

Dyno, 3D renders and sig renders are two different things, since the 3D ones are used for 3D modelling. I'm sure you can find a more precise definition from one of our graphic gurus when they get online.

Most of the sig renders come from games though which are made up of 3D models which have to be 'rendered'. :D

Yeah, the use of it in sigs is more of a slang term (just as how forum signatures have become associated with images rather than a "siganture" per se).Pretty much what everyone else said, in sigs, a render is an image of sorts which has been extracted from its original background, and is either on a signature or is ready to be simply moved on to one. It can include anything from people cut out in photos, cartoon characters or objects, or abstract 3D renders made in 3D modelling programs.

Johnny gave me a better definition a while ago but I misplaced it.

171936[/snapback]

Actually, that might've been in the shoutbox...I was babbling about the meaning of the word render and such. -_-

And trust me, I'm far from a graphic guru.

Well, looks like you guys pretty much covered it. I'll close this, and you can pm me if there's anything you'd like to add.