xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hansley

What is the best USB Flash Disk outhere?

My favorite is the Lexar JumpDrive Sport USB 2.0 1GB Flash Drive. USB 2.0, so its fast and easily accessible. LOL, plus it has a little thingy to hook onto your keychain. You just gotta love that...its so stylish :):) , but it's got no Encryption on it, I think I'll check yours out hansley.

wow.....ok, well all of those r pretty much exactly the same, the only difference is the the casing and included software......these forums r so wierd, every1 is just trying 2 post as much as possible, and theres really no one topic 2 post on so ppl think of whatever they can think about it and write a few lines........no real community feeling like so many other forums....

What are we supposed to do, I just run through the topics and see if there is one that I could make a somewhat legitimate response to. I'm trying to hit 50 posts as "legally" as possible. Although that 3 line rule is worrying me, I think I have about 5 or 6 posts that are 2 lines. :)

I agree wit u bro... I do the same thing, but I'm alot slower at it since I'm just moseying my way along.I use a Scandisk 256mb lil drive-thing, it's not real stylish, but IDGAF really.. I just want something that'll get my data from Point A->point B in the simplest, but most reliable way, and if it happens to look nice too. then that's just a perk. Kinda ghetto to go out and buy a disk-drive cuz it looks nice.. u kno?I don't mean to put anyone down tho.

kingston ?

What is the best USB Flash Disk outhere?

Some body told me kingston are the best I have got my first 512 mb lasted for about 6 months then it became unstable and it stopped working th I got a 2 GB new one also it stopped working yesterday about 7 months , I wonder which one lasts longer ...

-reply by ninono

Sony Microvaults are really cool. They have this clicking mechanism that makes the USB connector retract inside the casing when you unplug it, although I suppose that makes them more delicate than USB storage devices with caps.

Right now I have a 2GB Kingston Data Traveler. It doesn't come with any extra software preinstalled, but I just installed Portable Apps (free) on it. I can launch Firefox and OpenOffice from it along with several other applications. That is pretty sweet since I can open my open office files on nearly any computer. I used to have Sony flash drives, but I had a bad experience with them because they had slow transfer rates compared to others that I've seen or used. They worked fine other than that though.Kingston is great, and my friends use SanDisk ones which also seem very good.

Edited by Cat5e (see edit history)

There isn't really a "BEST" flash drive. It depends on the user's need and interests. A really tiny flash drive could be the "BEST" flash drive to someone but could be the "WORST" flash drive ever in the whole entire world because they might have misplaced it or they think they might misplace it. Sorry I didn't place my favorite "BEST" in my opinion flash drive because I don't really have one. I see lots out there. I like the kind that are retractable and have a encrypting function on it. =)

i would recommend kingston - there good quality and stuff but don't use usb's. the space on them is so samll. use a portable hard drive. there resonably small and they have like 160gb +. where as a usb has like 4gb to like 12.

My favorite is the ironkey.It is the most secure flash disk in the world, and one of the fastest secure drives.It has build in hardware encryption, which CANNOT be disabled by ANY malware, and if it detects an attack, it destroys the data and the drive permanently.It arrives without pre-installed encryption keys, but generates them on first use.It destroys itself and the data it hold after 10 consecutive wrong password attempts.Its even resistant to attacks with things like electron microscopes because of a thin film on the inside which breaks if electric energy like the type a microscope emits is detected.Its control panel is very nice, as it allows you to put a lost and found message, so you can say where to return it to if found...It has firefox installed, with built in TOR which runs internet access through secure ironkey servers, as well as having a nice built in password manager so that key loggers cant take your passwords.It has a built in feature to generate encrypted backups which can be un encrypted by a new ironkeyIt uses dual channel ultra fast storage, to make it fast and reliable.It has an online feature for declaring your ironkey as lost, and for recovering lost passwords...It has built in software encryption which always runs.It has a firmware update function.It is very strong, as it is made from a think alloy designed for the ironkey, as well as everything being cased in a epoxy based potting compound, so that trying to break into it, will destroy the hardware.It has its own unique serial number printed on the back, as well as a signature panel so you can tell if your ironkey has been swapped for a fake.I have no real need for one, I just bought one because I thought it would be a a cool memory stick!They are quite expensive, with the 8GB model retailing at ?220!