xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anndi

Hosting Credits Questions Suggestions

So this hosting credits system, it's a little... Odd, isn't it? Yesterday I had 1 day left, and intended to make up for it today, but when I arrived, I had -4 days. It hasn't been four days, it's been one! I should only have -1 days! But oh well. On the topic of not having enough hosting credits, I think it would be easier to post enough to get enough credits if there were more, specific, topics. Like Sports, with subtopics like Football, Tennis, Baseball, current events like Olympics, World Cups, etc. Music, with subtopics like Rock, Pop, Classical, etc. Movies, where you could talk about what's in theatres in your country, what you rented last night, write reviews, etc. Maybe current events, rather than just the FIR thingy. And I just remembered that there is an Entertainment forum, but it has no post count. Why ever not? I think it would be easier if the forum topics were expanded, and if movies and music counted for credits! What does everyone else think about this?

the reason it went -4 is that the hosting accoutn was suspended all oyu have to do is get 4 credits worth of post to get it unssuspended and then my recommendation is to keep on posting good quality stuff. to get your credits up.

Just make posts or reply to others. This is a hosting forum - there's not room for thousands of people to talk about sports when most of the queries are about images or scripts. If you need to talk about something offtopic, as such, you can use the off-topic or general forum to suit your whims. Some of them have no post count because they're such broad topics - you should work hard to make quality posts and get your hosting. You lose .1 credits every 15-20 minutes - therefore, it eventually adds up to you losing 1 credit a day. The odds are you already had a negative number of credits.

The reason why the entertainment forum and others have no post count is because they are for your pleasure - as it was described to me. Also, the credit numbers seem kind of unpredictable when you have a small amount. This problem doesn't seem to effect those of us who have above ten :DErm biscuitrat, think you made a typo there, it's 0.01 instead of 0.1 :D

I don't think you'll have a problem building up the hosting credits again. Once you find a few topics that suit your interest (like General Talk/The Real World/Dating, for example), you can easily reply or start up a new threads.

Erm biscuitrat, think you made a typo there, it's 0.01 instead of 0.1 :D

169830[/snapback]

Haha, very true. I was typing this pretty late at night. Thanks :D

I think that the hosting credit setup is just fine how it is for the time being. One extra thing that would be a good idea to add would be the number of replies made to someone's post should possibly increase their credit rathing. That's just my opinion. Or the number or views that their post gets could be conisdered too, but if no one posts I guess that would be relatively useless.

Yes..It is a good system..so people could not make for the joke a hosting account..They must work to get it.Sometimes is not nice.If the green is red.Because my site has more than 400 members.And If it goes offline.That is not good.So I must post every day..to get more than seven hosting credits.

Personally, I like the hosting credits system. It's a nice way to keep stupid people out of Xisto's genepool. Stupidity = Account Termination, which I like :DI also like it because the inactive account suspension/termination script keeps enough space for more active users, which is part of the reason we don't have to pay for hosting, or at least that's what I think.I do think something that shhohuld be added though, is a way to suspend posting credits if a person goes on a vacation, per say.Just my... *counts change*...2 cents :D.

Oh,guys.just look the counts of my posts..oh,i have post so many posts but my credits is also so little and getting smaller and smaller.it just like it's gettting more quicker day by day.my credits is just like a ball falling from high sky..oh..God help me.just pray for my credits growing some.

I didn't say I don't LIKE the hosting credits system! I just questioned the fact that I dropped from 1 credit to -4 credits over night. And I didn't have negative credits before. It was definitely 1. I've only gone negative once, I'm usually very good about posting, but as you get more credits, they just get so much harder to gain. And I don't have anything decent to say to many of the topics, they don't change too often... But like I said, I don't dislike it. I'm very grateful that Trap 17 is here, offering free hosting. It was just a suggestion, you needn't take my head off about it or complain that I misread my own credit amount or jump to conclusions that I'm some innactive bum who is trying to take advantage of free hosting. Just a thought, an idea. That's all. Thank you to those people who answered my question nicely. -_-

I believe its fine because I didnt come on the forum yesterday and I have 11days level and now I have a little over 10.I think thats great and it seems like I been off the forum for weeks like and not just a dayI think the forum and the credit system should stay how it is now.The reason you have nothing to post about is because you have little interest in webdesign,tourials,and stuff like that.I mostly post in genaral talk and I have not checked out real world or dating so Ill go there now.

The only two things I?ve found that bother me are: I have to quote my own website when I?m putting text up for review (which I understand but just don?t like), and that I can?t edit my posts. We all have typo?s and junk and if I mistype something I like to be able to go back and edit it. My guess is that editing a post would goof up the hosting credit counter or at least make it much slower. Oh well?.over all I very much enjoy my hosting and haven't had any problems since I got my credits above 10, and posted alot weekly to keep them above 10.