xisto Community
maresan

My New Creation Im back messing with photshop

I needed some time to get back to my computer and photoshop and made this.

Posted Image

Rate it, if you will.

169587[/snapback]

I guess it's not bad. The eye shouldn't be bumpy though. It should be more smooth. The rest of the skin should have a little more texture to it as well. But the coloring's nice. I also recommend not bevelling your text so much, and perhaps changing the color. It's hard to read the Maresan part.

Hm...let's see...I'm not so sure you made the dragon yourself, but if you did, it looks good, I suppose, but like biscuit said, the eye shouldn't be bumpy. The border could be better, but the text is what really brings it down...lose the bevel, lose that odd gradient or whatever, add a shadow, and add a stroke. :D

well iwould have said the same thing but they beat me to it but i do have one thing to the skin color of the dragon mix up the colors a bit of light and dark to make it look more realistic.

Thank you all for your comments. I also didn' like the first text (is this second better? :D ), but went with it, as nothing else came as a good solution.

I tried to take all your advices and changed it a bit. Do comment it again, please. It helps a lot to hear your opinions.

Posted Image

Johnny, The dragon, as you say, I made it myself with a help of some brushes and other effects. And I even didn't want to make it - it was more-like playing with various options and ideas. :D

I do have a question about text - what is your definition of a good text selection? What combination of effects do you feel are necessary?

Much better! I love the eye. I have an obsession with drawing them. Everywhere. It's freaking weird O_OFont looks a lot better, but you need a more...creepy font, perhaps? I'm thinking medevial or gothic would look fine. Perhaps a silvery color to complement his tiny little horns. Well done! And beautiful eye, again :D

Not bad at all, not your standard photo manipulation, which i really like. Like i said in another thread, anyone who does above and beyond the standards in photomaniping is brilliant! I hate reg photo manips :D

It looks very cool. I like the color combination. Dark red looks always good in such kind of graphics, I mean for the background and mix up in and around the center. But I wonder where can this graphic be used. For avatar it is too big..I would like to rate this graphics 9/10.. when will one of you get ten out of ten? May be we often reserve too much and have not rated any sigs, graphics ten out of ten in our lifetime. haha

Hey. Thaks a lot for your vote, Dragonfly. :D I didn't intend to use this image at all, like I said it was just a combination of ideas and testing them.You are right, biscuitrat, the eye looks much better now, more real. And as you can see, I also have a fictation on eyes. Almost every image you make, can look great, if you make a good eyes impression. I tried to find some gothic fonts, but stayed with my last one. It looks ok to me, even better then some creepy medeval fonts I tried before... I will try using the silver though, I like this goldish yellow, cause it goes great with the eye, but I have a feeling, your idea of silver will go great there too. Again, thank you all for your contribution to make me feel better :D:DB)

Well, I'm a little late on this, so I'll judge the second one.If you're gonna make the skin bumpy, you might as well make everything bumpy. The right side of the eye looks like lava.What are those three black stripes by the eye?You can lose the text decoration. Make it red with a black stroke.

the text is better but it could be more keep working at it.

170459[/snapback]

What do you mean more? Larger? Brighter colors? Duplicate the text layer and place them all over the place in the sig?? Be more specific.

i dunno looking at it again it looks like something from early 90's computer game like diablo, well the text should be more thicker i guess its too thin for those colors., and then those eyelashes maybe making them smaller and more of them would help out to as well.