xisto Community
bjrn

Google Moon A new service

Yep. Not long ago Google released Google Moon. It is very much like Google Maps with the sattelite view on. But instead of showing the Earth, it shows the Moon.

Google writes:

In honor of the first manned Moon landing, which took place on July 20, 1969, weve added some NASA imagery to the Google Maps interface to help you pay your own visit to our celestial neighbor. Happy lunar surfing.

You can see it here.

And if you zoom in far enough, you can see something that we all suspected all along! ;)

Yep. Not long ago Google released Google Moon. It is very much like Google Maps with the sattelite view on. But instead of showing the Earth, it shows the Moon.

Google writes:

You can see it here.

And if you zoom in far enough, you can see something that we all suspected all along! ;)

163872[/snapback]

This indead very cool for google. So now they have google earth and google moon, Mabey they will introduce good Saturn? LOL Great Feature for google to do for

cheese hahaha the old myth still lives on but reguardless i think its a waste of internet space really who is going to plan a trip the moon, yeah good to know some info on the moon landings but you can do that with a single image..but the cheese though, the geeks live on.

Yeah i saw that yesterday...it was interesting to view the moon and all but i wish they had the american flag that was planted in the moon from visible but o well no one is perfect. Also their joke was kinda funny and wierd at the same time cause i definitely was not expecting it when i zoomed in.

The one thing I don't understand is that why would we want still images of the moon? I just think that Google is wasting time on stuff that does not really need attention. However, I was looking on the internet, and found Earth Viewer (click on Moon/Sun in the intro. paragraph) I think that the images they provide are a lot better and they even give you the elevation and the co-ordinates of the view of the Earth. Or, you can also look at the moon too.

I think people should try this impressive software.
That's it from me. ;)

I actually found this really interesting. At least now I dont have to pay some one to view the moon on his telescope, and I can see it from home. Cool

it's cooool enough.in google map we can find lots of detail about landing on moon.the dymatic map show visitor much more info as a special form. ;)

"One small step for man, One giant step for google" That is what it should say on top of googles web page. Indead this is nice little feature that google is coming out with that will be on the site for sometime just likw Google Earth which you can go around the whole world.

That was pretty cool, there is so much detail too :D , I guess the moon is realy cheese :D , whats next though, they have google earth and google moon, maby google mars? :(