xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
steven

Uncharged Laptop Battery Cannot Charge Laptop Battery

I have a personal laptop for my own use, which I left at home for about 6 hours. The problem was that I forgot to put on the adapter, so that the battery won't run out. And there I was, when I came back home, the laptop's battery was out. I immediately connected the charger but the "Charging Light" was not going on. I tried to turn on the laptop after a while, but it was not working. I am not sure why my laptop is not recharging. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? :P

A few things to try.First... make sure that the Poer Outlet you are plugged into has power. Plug in a lamp or something just to verfy that there is power there.Physically remove the battery from the laptop, leave it out for about 30 seconds, and then put the battery back in, then plug in the charger again to see what happens.

Why won

Uncharged Laptop Battery

every single night I put my laptop to charge but it wont charge so I have to leave it plugged in to use it. Help me!

-Manuel

second battery on Dell Inspiron 8000

Uncharged Laptop Battery

I get a message that says the second battery on my Dell Inspiron 8000 has not been installed but where does it go, I did not get a manual with this

Laptop as it was given to me and they did not have the manual so I do not know where the battery goes or how to install it, can anyone help.

-question by Norma Leslie

I do warranty work on dells and sometimes there are sometimes an extra slow on the bottom for a secondary battery. You can go to support.dell.com and should be able to pull up a manual for your model to help locate this. Sometimes ac adapters get shorts in them also. It is very common. Play with the connector but don't bend it too much. Sometimes you can find a sweet spot where the cord likes to be. If your computer detects your ac adapter and it still won't charge, you may need a new battery. Make sure you get a new one from Dell cause other brands aren't garanteed to be detected, thus being unable to charge.

Laptop Battery Maitanance TipsUncharged Laptop Battery

Laptops tend to lose their charm quickly when you are constantly looking for the nearest power outlet to charge up. How do you keep your battery going for as long as possible? Here are 5 easy ways to do so.

Turn the brightness level as low as you possibly. Laptops always come with the ability to select the brightness level, some even could modify CPU cooling performance, switch down to lowest level will enable you squeeze out two times longer Dell 312-0566 battery life than the situation working in the highest level.

Shut down programs running automatic. Some of the programs we won't to use startup in backgroud when you start you OS, like QuickTime, Desktop Search. When expand your taskbar, you can see and shutdown them, but there are also some process invisible in most cases. They consume your laptop computer resourse and Dell 312-0566 battery slowly, press "Ctrl" + "Alt" + "Del" to open your tasker manager and halt the process not necessary.

More:http://www.usa-batteries.com/ by zillionliu

Change from Power Save to Full charge of Vaio BatteryUncharged Laptop Battery

Hi, I set my options for POWER SAVE on my Vaio laptop in order to conserve battery power, however my battery stops charging at 80%. The indicator shows 80% plugged in, not charging. How do I return the charging of my battery to 100%? PLease help! 

-question by southerngirl

> The indicator shows 80% plugged in, not charging. How do I return the charging of my battery to 100%?

I don't know the answer to your question, however I can tell you that your Li-ion battery will have much longer life if you do not charge it to 100 %. Lifetime can be extended twice or even more.

It may be that the battery has been damaged by not being charged fully. I dont know if it applies to laptop batteries but when a battery isnt charged fully it forms crystals in the solution of the battery which decrease its total capacity, hence you need to fully charge most batteries every now and then, and fully discharge them to clear the crystals. Contact Sony support and ask them, it may be the battery is faulty.

Usually the idea is when you are not using the battery in the laptop for portable computing you take it out at 50% charge and run your laptop from your power pack. Then once and a while you discharge them totally and recharge, then go back to 50 %. Once batteries begin to go there is not really much to do for them, you just have to go and purchase another one. I've tried the supposed freezer trick; trying to revive cells by putting the battery in the freezer for a duration. It doesn't work and isn't worth the risk. :)

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Well for car batteries and some other smaller (AA size) recharables you can zap them with a high dose of electricity to sort of break through the crystals and dissolve them. This might only apply to lead/acid type batteries. The theory is that when the battery is empty there are small crystals in the liquid inside, the electricity destroys these crystals as it charges, but if you constantly recharge at say 20% charge then 20% of the battery solution doesnt get a full cycle of charging/discharging so these crystals just get bigger and bigger to a point where the normal charging voltage cant destroy them, hence they need to be zapped by a much bigger charge to destroy them.but wait, i do NOT suggest you try this with a laptop battery, it could result in explosion or fire. Neither of which is particularly good. so first contact Sony support, they have had issues with dodgy batteries in the past and if your laptop is fairly new (say 2 years) they may just replace it for you. Another option is of course a software issue, so try downloading a free laptop power/battery monitor from download.com and see if that reports the stopping at 80% or if it says you are going to 100%. If it says 100% then download a second, different software to do the same job just to confirm it.

I have the same problem, but itUncharged Laptop Battery

Yeah basically me and southergirl have the same problem, the system recognises that you've had the battery installed whilst being plugged in at the wall, after a few weeks it asked me if I wanted to reduce to 80% charge rate to prolong battery life? I pressed yes, but now I'm using my laptop on the go again and I need it charge back to 100% capacity...

This I assure you is not an error with the batteries, it's a purpose built system preference to prolong battery life...

Any ideas how we change back to 100% recharge capacity?

Thanks peeps!

-reply by Johnny fishhead

Dell D600 batteryUncharged Laptop Battery

I've found a couple of people who have modified their D600's to work around DELL's flakey "is this a dell adapter" circuit failures.  I'm a victim of this, bought several batteries thinking they are just bad, a couple of DELL adapters - who'd have thought that dell put in a circuit and into the bios that if the chip in the ac adapter does not talk properly to the chip in the laptop, slow down the CPU and refuse to charge the battery.  Yep, that is it.  The little pin in the middle of the AC adapter plug carries this signal.  Wiring is poor and prone to break.  The chip in the laptop also fails.  Dell doesn't talk about this, of course.  It's expensive and annoying to do the logical and buy a new battery, new adapter and still have the probably because DELL programmed it into the laptop to purposely fail this way.  (Of course, after that, DELL's solution is to buy a new motherboard - not that they want to manufacture reasons to make you buy more DELL stuff <ahem>.)  My D600 runs at 600mhz instead of 1600mhz because the bios says "unknown adapter" - which is genuine DELL.  And then there is the original problem, it won't let the laptop charge the battery.

My guess is all the "put it in the refrigerator, power completely down and back up, etc". Is really moving around the adapter wire and remaking contact on this poorly designed setup - so it looks like rolling the dice, swinging the dead cat over your head, etc. Is what is responsible for your fix.  I suspect most of us are simply victims of DELL's program to break your laptop if they think you are not using one of their AC adapters.  Why no class action suit, I don't know.  It really makes me mad.  Last DELL for me, ever.  Just unethical stuff, ya know?

-reply by Joe B

I have the same problem, but itUncharged Laptop Battery<p>Yeah basically me and southergirl have the same problem, the system recognises that you've had the battery installed whilst being plugged in at the wall, after a few weeks it asked me if I wanted to reduce to 80% charge rate to prolong battery life? I pressed yes, but now I'm using my laptop on the go again and I need it charge back to 100% capacity... </p><p>This I assure you is not an error with the batteries, it's a purpose built system preference to prolong battery life... </p><p>Any ideas how we change back to 100% recharge capacity?</p><p>Thanks peeps!</p>-reply by Johnny fishhead

Your absolutely right, you can reduce the charge rate to either 50% 80% or 100%. After tediously trying to restore my settings to 100% I have worked out how to do it.

Start menu

All programmes

Vaio Control centre

Power Management

Battery Charge Functions

Advanced

Customs settings 100%